Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Hooper battle!

Interesting to see where Hooper fits in now. Grabban has looked impressive as has Lafferty. I think Jerome will prove to be an excellent signing and he hasn''t come here not to play.

£5m for Hooper and his wages off the books would be alright by me.

We paid about 5 million i believe so a season in the premiership should raise this to 6 million at least given his experience.

I would''nt miss Hooper nor Becchio and to get them off the books along with Bassong would only help the funds to get the two we are linked with.

Can Loza be our 4th striker should injuried & suspensions come is down to Adams to assess.

But I would not be too bothered to sell Hooper.

Hooper is a proven goalscorer at this level - £5m is too cheap - we need to keep him if we can - Loza is improving but still has a lot to learn

Don''t need to sell so £10 million is a suitable figure. Blackburn won''t sell Rhodes for £12 million and Fulham paid this for McCormack and neither has played in the Premiership so £10 million would be cheap!

Stating the bleedin'' obvious but both of those reported destinations are quite likely to see him looking for a move back to the Prem in about nine months time.

With any grain of sense beyond the greed and machinations of of agents at this time of year I''d imagine his CV would look a whole lot better with a promotion than back to back relegations.

As for £5m, can''t see the sense in those sorts of figures but if come at 10.30pm on Monday there''s a bunch of cretinous invertebrates stood behind the camera at Loftus Rd and there''s a pink vinyl wrapped Range Rover stood in their car park then £10m might do it.

Even then I''d struggle to think it''d be wise without a ready replacement, we need four strikers for a long and hard campaign.

Let them battle it out. £6 million + and I''ll be happy. He''s not worth that but we don''t need to sell and they both (Palace in particular) need a striker.

If not he can stay and compete with Grabban, even if he wants to move, at this stage in his career if he end up staying here he''ll want to be playing and scoring to keep himself in demand.

Win-win for us either way this

Let him go provided Palace or QPR meet the asking price, did not look too impressive last season. Also provided we can get in a replacement most likely on loan from the Premier, need to get this agreed before letting Hoops go.

Loza useful but as 5th striker. Perhaps Becchio is showing Adams enough in training to be given a chance.

[quote user="pete"]Let him go provided Palace or QPR meet the asking price, did not look too impressive last season. Also provided we can get in a replacement most likely on loan from the Premier, need to get this agreed before letting Hoops go.

Loza useful but as 5th striker. Perhaps Becchio is showing Adams enough in training to be given a chance.[/quote]

Agree. Becchio could be the trump card in all this.  If he could find form and goals, Hooper would not be such a loss.  However, Hooper did score goals when fully fit and confident last season - and he has a good record in this league too.   On paper, a front two of Hooper and Becchio should score plenty, but the reality could be that in such a strong squad, both may not be able to break in to the team if it carries on like it is atm......

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Neil Adams has stated on more than one occasion that Hooper is a big part of his plans and will feature when fit so if they sell now how is that going to look .[/quote]Will look ok as long as they don''t sell him on the cheap, Cheap Cheap! [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Neil Adams has stated on more than one occasion that Hooper is a big part of his plans and will feature when fit so if they sell now how is that going to look .[/quote]Will look ok as long as they don''t sell him on the cheap, Cheap Cheap! [:D][/quote]I think it will look as if Adams is just a puppet having his strings pulled , £5 million in the bank wont score the goals needed for promotion and neither will Grabban if last weekends display is anything to go by .

You could tell the truth to fans / potential buyers / The press / your players.

These could include:

"We need money"

"He''s a pain and we want to get him out"

"He doesn''t want to play at this level"

"He''d love to play for you."

"He is going to get injured if he can''t stay out of McD''s / Ladbrokes / The Nag''s Head"

The truth is sure to get you top dollar / good football contacts / respect from your players / a good press

Parma