Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroo Court

New kit - huge pointy green panel

[quote user="SplatCat"]Not wild about black socks and white shorts though!![/quote]

Agreed, they are vomit.

It should look good on female supporters. It slightly resembles a green top being worn under a yellow dress.... but maybe that''s just me....

[quote user="SplatCat"]Not wild about black socks and white shorts though!![/quote]Green shorts and yellow socks before anyone starts to panic, well that''s what they are wearing in the video !

The white shorts and black socks refer to the 1913/14 strip.

I was not aware that it was not until the 65-66 season that we changed from black to green shorts (no reason I would not know - was before I was born) but agree that I too prefer the green version.

My only disappointment about the shirt is the camouflaging of the club badge in the green super hero cape.  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I was not aware that it was not until the 65-66 season that we changed from black to green shorts (no reason I would not know - was before I was born) but agree that I too prefer the green version.

My only disappointment about the shirt is the camouflaging of the club badge in the green super hero cape.  

[/quote]There was a trend in the early and mid-1960s to change the colour of shorts. Liverpool, for example, went from white to red, and Chelsea from white to blue. I suspect our switch was part of that fashion, but with the sensible decision to opt for green rather than yellow.

At first I thought it was an eyesore.

Now I''ve had some time to think, I think they have the balance quite nicely. That large coloured panel are the top of the shirt is very ''in'' right now with the popular Adidas template, and it looks like someone actually thought about this one.

I like it.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

The change to green shorts in 65/66 was an experiment and there had been some negativity toward it. The club changed back to black for another season but then the clamour to change to green shorts grew stronger so the club stayed with the green and one season we even used green socks which was in my opinion, our best ever colour combination.

Ok but I think the shorts and socks are black and white, or else why would they bother putting a special graphic design saying "ncfc 2013 -2014" on the official article with black and white shorts and socks? Think they were just not ready for the official video. soon find out.

[quote user="SplatCat"]Ok but I think the shorts and socks are black and white, or else why would they bother putting a special graphic design saying "ncfc 2013 -2014" on the official article with black and white shorts and socks? Think they were just not ready for the official video. soon find out.[/quote]Great theory[Y]

[quote user="SplatCat"]Ok but I think the shorts and socks are black and white, or else why would they bother putting a special graphic design saying "ncfc 2013 -2014" on the official article with black and white shorts and socks? Think they were just not ready for the official video. soon find out.[/quote]Only that it says 1913-14.....Do you really think that they thought "Oh no, the socks and shorts aren''t ready, put some different colour ones on the video because NO-ONE will think that they''re part of this kit. In this kits official video. For the kit unveiling. Officially."[:|]

"The design, with the use of the green with the yellow, makes it very on trend."

ye gods !is there no end to this newspeak gibberish ?

SplatCat wrote:

"Ok but I think the shorts and socks are black and white, or else why would they bother putting a special graphic design saying "ncfc 2013 -2014" on the official article with black and white shorts and socks? Think they were just not ready for the official video. soon find out."

I think it''s very obvious, if you read the article itself, that the little picture of the kit on the left with the white shorts and black socks is of the 1913-1914 kit which they claim is the inspiration for the green part at the top of the new kit.

The new kit is the one in the video, unsurprisingly.

Not a bad effort. Mainly yellow which is good IMO. If the canary and castle had been directly embroidered maybe they would stand out a little more, but maybe there''s a trademark protection issue. So overall happy with this kit - most important thing is we win lots of games in it of course!

I really like the new shirt, its something different, the video gives us hope in terms of the players in it but I fear that the "season ticket" holder in the video (if hes a real fan or just an actor) does not help out with the stereotype of typical Norfolk folk. Surely NCFC could have spent an extra £10 to get someone who could at least model for break charity or QD. It would have been nice to see an old fan, someone who has supported the team for over 50 years who was recognised as a dedicated fan.

it''s different in the sense that had to not look like a recent shirt, so as to shame the numpties into buying this onemaybe they could bring out a new scarf to stop cheapskates like myself wearing the same one season after season