Sign in to follow this  
STAN

Was sacking Hughton the right decision?

Sacking Hughton with 5 games to go was an act of desperation when the penny finally dropped that Hughton was not good enough.

They should change the phrase ''shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted'' to ''sacking Hughton with just the big boys to play''

Sacking him was always the right decision. Waiting until it was too late for it to save the club was not.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]

Agree Bor.

Was it true that the board voted 3:3 to offload Hughton in December and Delia and MWJ as joint majority shareholders had the casting vote and decided to keep him? We''ll never know but if so I hope it wasn''t because he''s a very nice man. Still if Worthy is appointed manager with Gunn as his assistant and Roeder as first team coach we might be inclined to think it was.  

[/quote]

Hardly likely if Matt Juler is to be believed. But I guess it suits your agenda Crafty. However I do remember a certain doctor stating that Hughton should be here for the duration only to be sacked if we are relegated..

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]CH is our manager and I support him as he has a

good eye for a player even thought he coaching staff have yet to find a

consistent system of play that allows them to perform to their best. However,

football is a results based game so if we are to be relegated then CH and his

crew have to be sacked. Anything less would be unacceptable.[/quote]

Agree Bor.

Was it true that the board voted 3:3 to offload Hughton in December and Delia and MWJ as joint majority shareholders had the casting vote and decided to keep him? We''ll never know but if so I hope it wasn''t because he''s a very nice man. Still if Worthy is appointed manager with Gunn as his assistant and Roeder as first team coach we might be inclined to think it was.  

[/quote]Hadn''t heard that one.  Might be true, might not.  What''s not to say that Delia and MWJ wanted shot of Houghton, but McNally and the rest of the board talked them round to keeping him?  As joint majority shareholder I reckon I''d have an eye on all that money I''d rolled into the club and if I wanted a decent return on it, don''t reckon I''d want us in the Championship.

I would imagine the executive directors have a lot of influence in how the club is run. Otherwise there would be no point in having them. Maybe one of the associate directors could write a letter to them demanding answers...

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Was it true that the board voted 3:3 to offload Hughton in December and Delia and MWJ as joint majority shareholders had the casting vote and decided to keep him? We''ll never know but if so I hope it wasn''t because he''s a very nice man. Still if Worthy is appointed manager with Gunn as his assistant and Roeder as first team coach we might be inclined to think it was.[/quote]Poor Crafty, he just can''t conceal his hatred of that couple. Was it true that the board voted 3:3 to offload Hughton Crafty, or did you make it up?

Perhaps someone with a better understanding on boardroom dynamics could clarify, but I''d assume that if a change was proposed a majority would need to agree for the motion to be passed. If they voted 3:3 then I''d have thought it would have been turned down on the basis a majority was not achieved, rather than who the voters on each particular side were.

I would assume that if the executive directors were in agreement being outvoted would make their positions untenable.

And still people make up lies to try to discredit people at the club and are not bright enough to understand the financial reality that we are going down regardless of manager. The problem is the fans for their pathetic moaning.

In reply to the OP............YES!

Yes T wat it''s all the fans fault. I wasn''t aware that there was a system in place on match days that allowed tactical decisions to go to the majority vote.

It''s a football message board with the views of people with no experience or qualifications who don''t have enough awareness or education to realise this. Maybe in Spain where there are nearly 30,000 professionally qualified coaches compared to a few hundred in UK a message board can be taken seriously but not in Norfolk where it is merely a medium for people to demonstrate their ignorance.

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"][quote user="morty"]Based on the results since, clearly not.[/quote]

It''s a results game after all...[/quote]Noooo, people would much rather we play nice football but ultimately lose[;)]Funny how when new managers names were touted earlier in the season I didn''t see many folks shouting for Pulis.

So T way you think the views of a few people on a message board has any relevance to what goes on in the boardroom and on the pitch? And then you accuse these people of being ignorant!

It was the correct decision. It gave us some chance of winning at Fulham. That was the pivotal game. Win that and other results might have followed. Lose that and likely four defeats follow. Those of us who watch City away from home regularly understood, with a high degree of certainty, the probability that we would have lost at Fulham with the then management team in charge. It was a desperate, last ditch gamble for a board which had failed to act earlier enough. It failed. We are relegated.

JF - suggest you might actually try reading my post. It would be ridiculous to blame the fans as it would the directors or managers but doubt the negative attitude of fans has helped. If fans really wanted to do something positive and not just mindlessly whine they would find ways to put more money in the club and take coaching qualifications but they are too busy falsely criticising other people to actually do anything constructive themselves.

[/quote]It us hard to see how it could be true since there are seven members of the board, Smith and Jones have a separate vote each rather than a joint vote, and do not have a casting vote. So if it was tied at 3-3 then one out of Smith and Jones (and possibly both) had already voted separately one way or another and someone had abstained.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]

[/quote]It us hard to see how it could be true since there are seven members of the board, Smith and Jones have a separate vote each rather than a joint vote, and do not have a casting vote. So if it was tied at 3-3 then one out of Smith and Jones (and possibly both) had already voted separately one way or another and someone had abstained.[/quote]

POOOF!!!!!!

There goes another conspiracy theory!!!

mega-lol

[quote user="T"]And still people make up lies to try to discredit people at the club and are not bright enough to understand the financial reality that we are going down regardless of manager. The problem is the fans for their pathetic moaning.[/quote]The problem, T, is that you can''t say that. In posts too many to count you have claimed only professional football managers can have a valid view on how a manager is or has performed. No-one else is qualified. And that list of the unqualified, as you have freely admitted, includes you.But to assert we are being relegated purely because of finance, with the manager bearing no responsibility - "regardless of the manager" - is to make a football judgment you have already told us you are not entitled to make. To place 100 per cent of the blame on finance and 0 per cent on the manager is as much a football judgment as a financial one. You are claiming the manager(s) has/have been blameless, and by your own admission you are not qualified to do that.

PC - I''m actually fully professionally qualified and experienced to make the statements I make and I''ve never stated that the manager has no influence just very limited influence.

[quote user="T"]PC - I''m actually fully professionally qualified and experienced to make the statements I make and I''ve never stated that the manager has no influence just very limited influence.[/quote]

Could you explain,using that theory,Man United this season or Everton, or Pullis at Palace Please.

Yes - all with in the normal range of probability variation.

I was a coaching course this weekend. To even consider that I have anyway the qualifications, knowledge and experience of my trainer would be incredible ignorant and arrogant.

[quote user="T"]PC - I''m actually fully professionally qualified and experienced to make the statements I make and I''ve never stated that the manager has no influence just very limited influence.[/quote]That reply is irrelevant and makes no sense. You need to read again what I posted, and this time try to understand it. That really should not be too hard, since it wass in clear and straightforward English, and with an inescapable logic.By claiming our imminent relegation this season was entirely due to finance - which is what you said - and nothing to due with any management failings you were doing what you have always said only professional football managers could do - namely making a football judgment.You have posted ad infinitum and ad nauseam to that effect. According to you the performance of professional football managers can only be judged by their peers. And you are not one of them. So you have no qualifications, professional or otherwise, to absolve the Norwich City management this season of blame for its performance. You have been hoist with your own petard.

PC - im afraid you and many have missed the point otherwise there would be no need to repeat it. As I''ve said I have analysed football professionally and found that it is mainly driven by finance and managers do have some but limited influence. Its hardly a startling revelation. Its just commonsense that the teams with the most money have the best players and it''s the players not the manager that play the game. Of course a manager has influence but it''s a minor factor compared to finances. Its just surprising that you and many others don''t seem capable of grasping reality as you are blinded by the human emotional response to blame someone when you don''t like events.