Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

Mick Dennis article on Hughton on my football writer

Mick Dennis has his head so far up the boards arse. If you think his views are unbiased then frankly you are wrong. Openly supported Roeder just says it all.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]

So we no longer have inners and outers. We now have have the inners-til-the-end-of-the-season''ers as well to add to the party, which i think is where the majority of fans lie. Many have people have said that''s when it will be looked at - it may be that they stick, twist, or stick with CH but change the backroom staff (i think that could be just as good as twisting all together)

as for hughton out chants on matchdays, well what exactly will that do when most people on the inner and outer divide can see that change now would be disasterous?

[/quote]Some of us have never been either.Sometimes you have to look at a situation and realise it for what it is. And Mick''s article summed it up.Is this season good enough? No its not.Is it entirely Chris Hughton''s fault? No its not.You get behind the team, and sort it out once the season is done.

Has there ever been a city manager who has divided the fans so much? It''s not good for the club regardless of what happens this season he needs to go if they are to unite.

I just can''t see him changing his philosophy to football regardless of what the paying customer says of his dire product. Time for a uniting force time for you know who!

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Has there ever been a city manager who has divided the fans so much? It''s not good for the club regardless of what happens this season he needs to go if they are to unite.

I just can''t see him changing his philosophy to football regardless of what the paying customer says of his dire product. Time for a uniting force time for you know who![/quote]Have you supported Norwich for about 20 minutes?Roeder, Worthington, Gunn.Theres three off the top of my head.

Maybe Mr Dennis can explain to the board far better than us the state of the club if we stick with Hughton and get relegated, and how to survive with an approx income loss of £56 million quid!

Agree with your first point Morty.

As to the other. Worthy definitely divided the fans, and reading this forum over the last few years, there still seems to be a bit of anger from that era persisting today.

Roeder I think united the fans. Similar with Gunn, but less hatred:-)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Has there ever been a city manager who has divided the fans so much? It''s not good for the club regardless of what happens this season he needs to go if they are to unite.

I just can''t see him changing his philosophy to football regardless of what the paying customer says of his dire product. Time for a uniting force time for you know who![/quote]Have you supported Norwich for about 20 minutes?Roeder, Worthington, Gunn.Theres three off the top of my head.[/quote]Roeder maybe , Worthington only at the end when he was failing in the Championship and well Gunn was more the amazement that Delia and co reappointed him after we went down to League 1 . We have not even suffered relegation and so many want Hughton gone that should tell you something about how his team has bored people senseless .

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]Has there ever been a city manager who has divided the fans so much? It''s not good for the club regardless of what happens this season he needs to go if they are to unite.

I just can''t see him changing his philosophy to football regardless of what the paying customer says of his dire product. Time for a uniting force time for you know who![/quote]Have you supported Norwich for about 20 minutes?Roeder, Worthington, Gunn.Theres three off the top of my head.[/quote]Roeder maybe , Worthington only at the end when he was failing in the Championship and well Gunn was more the amazement that Delia and co reappointed him after we went down to League 1 . We have not even suffered relegation and so many want Hughton gone that should tell you something about how his team has bored people senseless .[/quote]Or maybe it tells you that people are behaving like spoiled brats, unable to handle the inevitable trough after the recent rollercoaster ride?

No it tells you the football is utter rubbish and has been for two seasons now and people are fed up to the back teeth with the man responsible .

I think people have lost faith in Hapless Hughtons ability to make a decent substitution that every time the likes of Wes or hoops etc get substituted the boos will ring round the carra. It all adds to the pressure on the board to act.

The end of the article sums it up perfectly

Darren Lewis of the Mirror and Alyson Rudd of the Times, two good friends of mine, were also covering the game – but with the more orthodox approach of sitting in the press seats for the action. When I joined them in the interviews area, they noted how gloomy I was but both, separately, said things like: “Surely you expected Norwich to struggle this season”. Alyson actually said: “I am amazed that Norwich fans have turned on the manager. Where did they expect to spend this season? In the top half?”

As ever, it is about expectations.

But is it too much to expect that Norwich supporters would think things through when a substitution is made? It was the knee-jerk response that “Hughton’s got it wrong” which was negative and clueless.

Too many Norwich fans with totally unreasonable expectations.

Chris Hughtons Yellow and Green Army

[quote user="CanaryOne"]No it tells you the football is utter rubbish and has been for two seasons now and people are fed up to the back teeth with the man responsible . [/quote]No it''s not, no it hasn''t and no we''re not. [8o|]

[quote user="NodgeFan"]Hughton a better manager than Roeder? That''s very debatable[/quote]

Worthy''s a better manager than Roeder. Better than Grant. And better than Gunn. But not as good as Lambert. So if what you say is true all that "anyone would be better than Worthy" tripe we put up with for so long is even more laughable....

[quote user="NodgeFan"]Hughton a better manager than Roeder? That''s very debatable[/quote]

You obviously have a short memory. And that is being polite. 

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="CanaryOne"]The same Mick Dennis that gave his full support and backing to Glen Roeder , bloke is completely removed from reality and writes utter garbage like his Norwich will not sell Hoolahan to Villa under any circumstances that McNally put well and truly to bed in his interview.[/quote]Maybe there is other stuff I haven''t seen, but from what I remember of the article Mick Dennis wrote that got so many people up in arms, it was  an attempt to illustrate the fact that there was a human aspect to the situation, as well as a football one. He wrote about being in a room at Carrow Road with Roeder and members of his family while a sizable group of people chanted for his removal outside. While I think most of us wanted Roeder gone, his article made a decent point that there are people involved as well as NCFC, some who are only there by accident, and they don''t deserve to be the object of a baying mob.Of course I could be wrong, in which case I''m sure you''ll post some evidence to back up that Dennis "gave his full support and backing to Glen Roeder." Or withdraw what you said.

[/quote]You certainly remember correctly about that particular, rather nice, piece.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Too many Norwich fans with totally unreasonable expectations.[/quote]Actually that is not the problem. A few may have unreasonable expectations but not the majority. But you can hardly blame those few for being deluded when the chairman of the club told them what he expected this season:“The ambition of the football club – and Chris knows this – is

continuous improvement. So 12th, 11th... What does that mean? It means a

top-10 finish.”

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Too many Norwich fans with totally unreasonable expectations.[/quote]Actually that is not the problem. A few may have unreasonable expectations but not the majority. But you can hardly blame those few for being deluded when the chairman of the club told them what he expected this season:“The ambition of the football club – and Chris knows this – is

continuous improvement. So 12th, 11th... What does that mean? It means a

top-10 finish.”[/quote]

It almost pains me to say it again, but how many points are we from the top ten, or ninth position, to be exact?   Three.

Mick Dennis mentions ''statistics'' in his piece.

I wonder how he can justify Hughton''s record of 11 wins in 49 league games and 54 / 67 league games without 2 or more goals.

Bar a ten game unbeaten run in late 2013 Hughton has been a poor manager. We could / should be far more comfortable and effective than we are.

He must be removed this summer whatever happens in May.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Very balanced article.

Unlike this board which is dominate by a noisy minority who think they represent what almost all city fans want.

They do not . Hoots is on course to keep us up and keep his job.[/quote]

And bore us all to sleep in the process. Can''t even be bothered to argue.

Why do people keep trolling this CH out nonsense. I really don''t want to believe that people are so arrogant and ignorant that they can''t grasp the competitive reality. So why when there are other message boards with intelligent and informative debate do people keep trolling the same tedious nonsense. I''m really curious why people do it.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]The end of the article sums it up perfectly

Darren Lewis of the Mirror and Alyson Rudd of the Times, two good friends of mine, were also covering the game – but with the more orthodox approach of sitting in the press seats for the action. When I joined them in the interviews area, they noted how gloomy I was but both, separately, said things like: “Surely you expected Norwich to struggle this season”. Alyson actually said: “I am amazed that Norwich fans have turned on the manager. Where did they expect to spend this season? In the top half?”

But is it too much to expect that Norwich supporters would think things through when a substitution is made? It was the knee-jerk response that “Hughton’s got it wrong” which was negative and clueless.

Chris Hughtons Yellow and Green Army[/quote]
That says more about how non City fans view Norwich City.
It says to me, many still see us as little ol'' Norwich making the numbers up and punching above our weight.  Well that''s fine.  Fine too that some of our own think this way too. But speaking for myself,  into the third season with the teams that''s been promoted after us.  It''s not too much of a stretch to have aspirations of a Norwich team pushing for the middle WITHOUT looking over our shoulders.

[quote user="T"]Why do people keep trolling this CH out nonsense. I really don''t want to believe that people are so arrogant and ignorant that they can''t grasp the competitive reality. So why when there are other message boards with intelligent and informative debate do people keep trolling the same tedious nonsense. I''m really curious why people do it.[/quote]
Because they''re trotters.

[quote user="Private Frazer"][quote user="KeepTheFaith"]The end of the article sums it up perfectly

It says to me, many still see us as little ol'' Norwich making the numbers up and punching above our weight.  Well that''s fine.  Fine too that some of our own think this way too. But speaking for myself,  into the third season with the teams that''s been promoted after us.  It''s not too much of a stretch to have aspirations of a Norwich team pushing for the middle WITHOUT looking over our shoulders.

[/quote]

But surely all the clubs from 10th downwards are constantly looking over their shoulders and I think it''s the belief that we shouldn''t be among them that mystifies these journos. You''re just proving their point for them.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Private Frazer"][quote user="KeepTheFaith"]The end of the article sums it up perfectly

[/quote]

But surely all the clubs from 10th downwards are constantly looking over their shoulders and I think it''s the belief that we shouldn''t be among them that mystifies these journos. You''re just proving their point for them.

[/quote]
Not necessarily,  Soton have 42pts a rather nice number.  We have 29 pts.  Split the difference and say if we had an extra 6 pts.  Those 6pts seeing us in mid table.  Would see us probably where the majority of fans and the board would''ve reasonably hoped for at the start.  
With no undies getting watered and no fan bickering.  Comfortable with no worries.