Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

We support our local team..

[quote user="Howson is now"]I don''t care where Norwich supporters are from but I must say that some of the comments from people not from Norwich have astounded me. Things like "locals have it easy" and how much more commitment it takes to support from afar.

So what if people that live in Norwich can get to the ground easier. Funny that, what with living in the same city.

If people choose to support Norwich then that''s bl00dy brilliant, everybody''s welcome. Just don''t sit there and complain about how difficult it is having to travel and how it takes much more commitment than people from Norwich. That''s just as bad as people b!tching about people not from Norfolk supporting this fantastic club.[/quote]
Nobody was complaining. Merely stating the counter point to "if your not local, you''re not a proper fan" when in fact it takes far more effort to support from afar. Not trying to say us exiles are better than locals, just pointing out what a load of nonsense was being spouted. Locals do have it easy, that''s not a judgement, just a statement of fact. As far as Im concerned, everyone is equal regardless of distance, except the "fans" that only turn up when we''re relatively successful.

[quote user="Simple Jack"]Would BHA be your local team?[/quote]
I would be the first to admit that I do not pass the "Mungo" test. I have only lived inside the ring road for a couple of months. Outside it for a bit longer. So yes I have lived in Norwich, that is my story as to why I support Norwich. But life intervenes and you end up living in other places.
So my question for you is, should you then support the team that has become local to you? But I do not think for one moment that you would be so naive as to answer yes!

I agree KIO, I did assume that the retorts were digs at the trolls in this thread, but it could easily be people taking offence and justifying their support.

I think that as long as anyone is happy with their choice (or non choice) of supporting Norwich then that''s all they need. Not the approval of anybody else :)

In my passport it says place of birth: NorwichMy first match I saw was Norwich versus Wolves at Carrow road.I have never been asked who I support and answered anything but Norwich. I have lived in the city, will live there again, as far as I''m concerned Im a true Norwich fan, and I''m not insecure enough to think that people who dont realise that its precisley because its a community club and is therefore an important link into an area we love that those of us who have left still support Norwich. Football clubs are about belonging, I dont belong where I currently live, I simply have to be here temporarily in order to earn my living. I frankly dont care if that makes me plastic, ill take it if thats what people want to call me.Also when I move back in September am I still a bit plastic, like a laminate wood of some type?

like e supported Norwich for about 7 years. I am now 30 years old. I started a few years after I met my wife (who as stated in my other thread, comes from Norwich and is an avid fan) and I''ve never regretted it for a second. Obviously we''ve lived in the North East, just south of Newcastle, for all those years yet I have never felt a connection to a football club like I do with Norwich. Living so far away, I felt like a "plastic fan" and was often derided by fellow work mates for supporting a team they couldn''t see me being able to justify a genuine connection to.

I was concerned that many Norwich fans would also feel the same, so I avoided the forums and such like.

Now that we''re moving down, I''ve bitten the bullet and decided to become a part of this community. I love this club and I think I''m going to fall in love with this city and these people very quickly. It just seems to fit my interests, my personality and my ethos very well.

I wouldnt even know how to begin not define my own status as a supporter... But I certainly am one.

I really cannot understand how blatantly retarded people like Thorpe and simple Jack can be. What makes you so special that you can decide whether a supporter is worthy or not based upon if they live in Norwich or not. How narrow minded can you get? What''s next you can only support Norwich if you are a certain sex or what about certain colour of skin? Your views are not only pathetic but also dangerously prejudice.

Honestly what difference does it make where a supporter lives? Is a supporter who has moved to Norwich last month and walks to games a more worthy, better supporter than someone who lived in Norwich all their life, was a season ticket supporter but who has moved to London last week.

Just for your information, people support a football club for many different reasons and it''s not up to you to decide who can and cannot support a particular team.

If your pathetic views are taken to their conclusion how many fans do you actually think Norwich would have and what league would we be in?

Thorpe end canary: "This has always been my point. It''s not my minority view but the majority view that we are a local club it''s what we have always been. When we were stick in the 3rd tier I don''t remember so many plastics on this board then.

It fills me with pride when the massed ranks of the Barclay and snake pit and reaffirm what we are all about.

I get accused of trolling I assume the thousands who sing it on a Saturday are all trolls as well. Clearly they are not just a proud fan like me.

Sing it loud WE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL TEAM

OTBC"
Thorpe end canary: "It is truly bizarre why they would but a quick view

of some peoples names and locations show that. Some even pride

themselves in their plasticity"
Says the person who changed his

name from Waveney Canary to Thorpe End Canary as he doesn''t support his

local team... Lowestoft. What a plastic.

What I find amusing is that those who criticise me clearly don''t go to the Carra on a Saturday as you would hear thousands singing we support our local team. A inconvenient truth that those who criticise me seem to ignore!

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]What I find amusing is that those who criticise me clearly don''t go to the Carra on a Saturday as you would hear thousands singing we support our local team. A inconvenient truth that those who criticise me seem to ignore![/quote]

What the rest of us find amusing is your parochialism. 

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]What I find amusing is that those who criticise me clearly don''t go to the Carra on a Saturday as you would hear thousands singing we support our local team. A inconvenient truth that those who criticise me seem to ignore![/quote]

Actually moron I live in Norwich I''m a season ticket holder and go to 90% of home games. I still think you are a grade A twunt!

I think I''ve got this sussed now. When Norwich play at home those who walk to the ground have it easy compared to say the Caps. But when Norwich play away the Caps (just an example) have it easy compared to the locals. So I reckon at West ham next month Thorpe will become plastic and the Caps will become proper?

The whole thing is absurd. We are all fans end of. Those of us who can get to games regularly are lucky. Those who can get to away games more easily are also lucky.

But why do we use "we support our local team" as an insult to other clubs?

[quote user="Brightside"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"]What I find amusing is that those who criticise me clearly don''t go to the Carra on a Saturday as you would hear thousands singing we support our local team. A inconvenient truth that those who criticise me seem to ignore![/quote]

Actually moron I live in Norwich I''m a season ticket holder and go to 90% of home games. I still think you are a grade A twunt![/quote]

That maybe the case but you know I speak the truth about the singing. As a matter of interest you seem obsessed by me. It is starting to feel like a stalking thing. If you don''t agree with me ignore me!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think I''ve got this sussed now. When Norwich play at home those who walk to the ground have it easy compared to say the Caps. But when Norwich play away the Caps (just an example) have it easy compared to the locals. So I reckon at West ham next month Thorpe will become plastic and the Caps will become proper?

The whole thing is absurd. We are all fans end of. Those of us who can get to games regularly are lucky. Those who can get to away games more easily are also lucky.

But why do we use "we support our local team" as an insult to other clubs?

[/quote]

It''s not an insult to other teams but an affirmation of what we are about as a club and a fan base

I think as Buh and someone else mentioned earlier on this gets chanted when we play the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, and their supporter base who you can argue contain a lot of people who support them purely because of their success. The chant is aimed at glory hunters.

Unfortunately being a glory hunter is not something you could ever accuse a Norwich fan of. So despite what the narrow minded, retarded few among us believe I think the vast majority of supporters couldn''t really give two shits wether our supporters live in Norwich or not!

[quote user="CANARYKING"]I as well as many others live in Suffolk - are we not allowed in ?[/quote]

Bungay is normally the last mixed town you are firmly in bandit country in halesworth

The sad part is why does anyone care. Is there a hand book defining what football team you should support ?The way I see it is you should support one of the following :a) If you live locally (within 30 miles ) of the clubb) If you were born and grew up supporting a team , moving away from the area does not mean you can no longer support a teamc) Family or Blood connections, ie: Your dad supports Arsenal as he grew up in the London area and now having moved away you grew up with your dads footballing influence and supported his team.

By rights I guess I should be either a  Saints or Arsenal fan.But as I grew up in Norfolk Im a Norwich fan.Whole thing is rather pathetic, the only "plastic" fans are the ones who support a team because they want the glory.

"Why does anyone care"

followed by detailed instructions of who fans SHOULD support

I wouldn''t mind betting that Waveney, bell end or whatever he is calling himself this week has never seen Carrow Rd let alone been inside.

[quote user="City1st"]

"Why does anyone care"

followed by detailed instructions of who fans SHOULD support

[/quote]I see pragmatism and rhetorical questioning are lost on your fragile intelect. My only hope is you attempt to correct me.

your only hope ?

perhaps you should get out more

there is far more in this wide world to hope for, than a reply from me

(whatever delights it might bring you)

[quote user="Brightside"]I think as Buh and someone else mentioned earlier on this gets chanted when we play the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, and their supporter base who you can argue contain a lot of people who support them purely because of their success. The chant is aimed at glory hunters.

Unfortunately being a glory hunter is not something you could ever accuse a Norwich fan of. So despite what the narrow minded, retarded few among us believe I think the vast majority of supporters couldn''t really give two shits wether our supporters live in Norwich or not![/quote]

Not sure about that. The better the club are doing the higher the profile, the more exposure and ultimately the more fans. I would say we gained more fans during our EUFA Cup run than we did during our relegation from the championship. Although obviously the real glory hunters still didn''t truck with us.

Am sure about and agree whole heartedly that the vast majority of supporters couldn''t really give two s****s whether our supporters live in Norwich or not![Y]

Brightside gets it spot on. The word plastic has always been the same as glory hunter to me. What the hell is there to glory hunt over NCFC? 
In my opinion you cannot just start supporting a new team if you have to relocate. NCFC is a way of life, and my whole family has been in Norfolk for generations, and I grew up there. Having to justify supporting our team to idiots like Thorpe and Simple Bollox isn''t something I need to do.
They should worry more about the locals who support Arsenal, Manure and Chelski with no roots to those teams!