Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Absolutely awful

[quote user="City 2nd"]ricardo wrote the following post at 2014-01-01 9:31 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

And should we blame the weather, the conditions and the referee for the utter dire performancs that have been taking place over the last TWO YEARS under the management of Mr Hughton and his completely inept coaching team.

Yet we come away with a point that would have been 3 if the ref had done his job and it''s a point more than a great performance against United earned us.

Oh I see, it was the refs fault now. Yes, we would have beaten the ten men of palace, just as we did those of a Hull. Ricardo, nonsense. Does your crystal ball indicate we would have one. Such a ridiculous assessment.[/quote]

No Crystal ball is required when the facts back up everything I''ve said. Look at what I''ve posted re the last 10 games you might learn to think straight if you can just get a grip of reality."Everyone''s gaining on us we sinking down the table"Oh no we aint.

Not Hughtons biggest fan however, based on the Beeb reporting we played OK and gained a point away from home, so what is the big disaster. There are so many on here that suggest Hughton has "lost" the dressing room, I suggest the teams reaction to the BJ goal has shown that to be a load of codswallop, a bit like the OP`s post......

The quality of the football was not good - but its all about results - I said before the game I would be happy with a point at selhurst park (see the predictions thread) and I am.

For promotion chasing teams the saying is you are a good team if you can grind out a result when not playing well. That is exactly what we have done today.

[quote user="ricardo"]"Everyone''s gaining on us we sinking down the table"Oh no we aint.[/quote]we are slowly dropping right now, one decent result and we will look a lot safer again.  Lose next weekend against Everton and it will look a lot worse as the teams below us are playing each other.

ricardo wrote the following post at 2014-01-01 9:58 PM:

FFS get a bit of perspective, you might sleep better at nights.

Oooooooooooooo - someone touch a nerve Ricardo - I admire your defence of the second most unpalatable manager that I recall in over 55 years of watching NCFC - he and McNally must have you on the payroll!

If you are happy to watch such dire performances over a two year period and still remain so far up the mans backside you deserve a medal. Football is a results driven business - Hughton DOES NOT get results, he merely let''s the team exist under his defensive constraints and complete lack of footballing nous.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ricardo"]"Everyone''s gaining on us we sinking down the table"Oh no we aint.[/quote]we are slowly dropping right now, one decent result and we will look a lot safer again.  Lose next weekend against Everton and it will look a lot worse as the teams below us are playing each other.[/quote]Again CJH that is exactly what I mean by looking at things through a narrow window. We all have to play each other at some time and only the final table will reveal the full picture.

[quote user="BarclayUpperCut"]This game showed that the manager hasn''t got a clue!

1. Takes of Wes when Snodgrass should have gone

2. Brings on a defender (Martin) for a striker (Hooper)

3. Continued to play the long-ball in the 2nd half (when he should have stopped it)

Maybe it''s not the manager who''s the only problem, maybe the board haven''t got a clue either if they remain happy with this dire situation.[/quote]

What a moronic post. You are the only clueless one. I don''t usually respond in this manner but I could not restrain myself on this occasion.

The past 6 games were an unlikely stretch of matches that were not only winnable on our part, but often pitted us as favourites. It''s not something we''re likely to experience during the course of the season, and considering our conspicuously unfavourable run towards the end, the onus is on us during these kind of periods to gain a decent tally of points.The fact that our point per game ratio has been 1:1 (spread out over the seasons leading us to 38 points) at this time is barely grasping survival form, making me very concerned. If one considers the likely prospect that this is perhaps our easiest run of 6 games for the season, we need to be doing far better than we are, seeing that we''re also likely to lapse back into our early season form during the tail end of the season.1 Win in 6 games such as those we''ve played, including 2 losses (and no wins) at home, is immensely worrying, and unlike some i can''t honestly say that we''re assured the minimum of survival under Hughton. Moreover i''d suggest relegation is a far more likely prospect on the basis of the available evidence.Considering the freakishly awful form that preceded this poor run, i find little redemption in Hughton''s record for this season. As a result i''m inclined to wanting him out, and providing the board have done their job and have a precautionary plan for life without Hughton, it seems the obvious less risky route to go down for the rational (yet admittedly less informed) observer.

Hang on Killie '' we were very good.As I think we have been on MANY(?) occasions'' Have you been to any of our home games this season or watched us live?

Our coaches have an extremely poor cv whether it is their past record as managers or coaches.

I fail to see this love in for Hughton. He serves up dire boring football despite having a great squad.

Of course we want him to succeed but my personal opinion is there must be a change and pretty damn quick

[quote user="City 2nd"]ricardo wrote the following post at 2014-01-01 9:58 PM:

FFS get a bit of perspective, you might sleep better at nights.

Oooooooooooooo - someone touch a nerve Ricardo - I admire your defence of the second most unpalatable manager that I recall in over 55 years of watching NCFC - he and McNally must have you on the payroll!

If you are happy to watch such dire performances over a two year period and still remain so far up the mans backside you deserve a medal. Football is a results driven business - Hughton DOES NOT get results, he merely let''s the team exist under his defensive constraints and complete lack of footballing nous.[/quote]

I really don''t care whether you or anyone else likes or dislikes Chris Hughton. Also it matters not one jot to me if Hughton is the manager or not. If you''ve been watching NCFC for over 55 years and have never seen dire football like I would suggest you must have been asleep most of the time. I''ve been going for 61 years and can count on the fingers of both hands the good stuff.If Hughton keeps us up he will have done his job and earned his wages. If he doesn''t he will be shown the door just as every other failure before him. Your constant carping about defensive constraints and football style will cut no ice when push comes to shove.Football isn''t ice skating, there are no points for style.

[quote user="John"]The past 6 games were an unlikely stretch of matches that were not only winnable on our part, but often pitted us as favourites. It''s not something we''re likely to experience during the course of the season, and considering our conspicuously unfavourable run towards the end, the onus is on us during these kind of periods to gain a decent tally of points.The fact that our point per game ratio has been 1:1 (spread out over the seasons leading us to 38 points) at this time is barely grasping survival form, making me very concerned. If one considers the likely prospect that this is perhaps our easiest run of 6 games for the season, we need to be doing far better than we are, seeing that we''re also likely to lapse back into our early season form during the tail end of the season.1 Win in 6 games such as those we''ve played, including 2 losses (and no wins) at home, is immensely worrying, and unlike some i can''t honestly say that we''re assured the minimum of survival under Hughton. Moreover i''d suggest relegation is a far more likely prospect on the basis of the available evidence.Considering the freakishly awful form that preceded this poor run, i find little redemption in Hughton''s record for this season. As a result i''m inclined to wanting him out, and providing the board have done their job and have a precautionary plan for life without Hughton, it seems the obvious less risky route to go down for the rational (yet admittedly less informed) observer.[/quote]Points are won and lost in the most unlikely places. You should know that by now.

Hi Bury

Yes - Barclay season ticket holder and occasional away fan.

And I stand by my view that we have been decent on several occasions.

Cardiff we outplayed.

WBA - fine

Stoke - tactically and personnel spot on

Aston Villa - I thought the performance was decent tbh

Man utd & Chelsea - again good performances,

I am not completely happy - Fulham was a shocker. I also went to several away no shows last season so I can see some of the complaints.

My problem is with the nastiness being thrown the way of CH and his team - most of which I judge to be very shortsighted and based in little reality. In every game in this league we come up against premier league footballers who are professional in every sense of the word. To expect us to just turn up and steamroller them is in my view unrealistically arrogant

For what it''s worth I think we will finish around 13th with around 40 points. I also would not necessarily be against a managerial change on the summer - but only if it reflects a clear upgrade on CH and allows us to evolve. CH may not be capable of becoming an upper premier league manager, but I do think he is the best man for the situation we face for now.

Interested to hear your thoughts Bury...I enjoy your posts

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Lucky to get a point. i''m sure the permanently deluded will use the ref as an excuse, but there are no excuses, that was once again, utterly dire. Hughton out.[/quote]

Nice to see you back on here again TCWE, it seems that only a draw or loss will bring you out into the open..whinge whinge whinge again.

That game could have been played for another two hours and nobody would have got a winner, stop pretending like we got a good hiding.

[quote user="John"]The past 6 games were an unlikely stretch of matches that were not only winnable on our part, but often pitted us as favourites. It''s not something we''re likely to experience during the course of the season, and considering our conspicuously unfavourable run towards the end, the onus is on us during these kind of periods to gain a decent tally of points.The fact that our point per game ratio has been 1:1 (spread out over the seasons leading us to 38 points) at this time is barely grasping survival form, making me very concerned. If one considers the likely prospect that this is perhaps our easiest run of 6 games for the season, we need to be doing far better than we are, seeing that we''re also likely to lapse back into our early season form during the tail end of the season.1 Win in 6 games such as those we''ve played, including 2 losses (and no wins) at home, is immensely worrying, and unlike some i can''t honestly say that we''re assured the minimum of survival under Hughton. Moreover i''d suggest relegation is a far more likely prospect on the basis of the available evidence.Considering the freakishly awful form that preceded this poor run, i find little redemption in Hughton''s record for this season. As a result i''m inclined to wanting him out, and providing the board have done their job and have a precautionary plan for life without Hughton, it seems the obvious less risky route to go down for the rational (yet admittedly less informed) observer.[/quote]

Which of the last six were we favourites to win? Fulham is the only one where we were statistically favoured to win.

Thanks for your reply killie. Like you I saw most away games last year but none this. Im a season ticket in Barclay Upper.

I assume the nastiness to Hoots you refer to is from posters on this board. I have not witnessed nastiness where I sit but without a doubt most are fed up with this very poor fayre.

I am one of those souls who have lived most of my life making decisions based on initial assessment, secondary assessment and finally a lot on instinct.

I therefore cannot give you a rational answer as to why I find Hoots to be a man who is not a natural leader, indeed I don''t think he is a leader. He does not appear to have much of a sense of humour nor possess the right character do what his job demands.

I genuinely fear he will relegate us. Having read this back it makes me sound pompous but I can assure I most certainly am not.

I do not possess any coaching badges as some on here seem to have.

I can totally understand your second last paragraph if the club stick with Hoots and we do stay up.

You make some valid points and I so hope you are proven correct, after all we all want the same for the club.

My wife also agrees with this as she tells me I am making her life an absolute misery. Surely not !!!!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Thanks for your reply killie. Like you I saw most away games last year but none this. Im a season ticket in Barclay Upper.

I assume the nastiness to Hoots you refer to is from posters on this board. I have not witnessed nastiness where I sit but without a doubt most are fed up with this very poor fayre.

I am one of those souls who have lived most of my life making decisions based on initial assessment, secondary assessment and finally a lot on instinct.

I therefore cannot give you a rational answer as to why I find Hoots to be a man who is not a natural leader, indeed I don''t think he is a leader. He does not appear to have much of a sense of humour nor possess the right character do what his job demands.

I genuinely fear he will relegate us. Having read this back it makes me sound pompous but I can assure I most certainly am not.

I do not possess any coaching badges as some on here seem to have.

I can totally understand your second last paragraph if the club stick with Hoots and we do stay up.

You make some valid points and I so hope you are proven correct, after all we all want the same for the club.

My wife also agrees with this as she tells me I am making her life an absolute misery. Surely not !!!![/quote]But surely that''s your job in life. Mrs Ricardo began to get a clue as to what the weekend would be like when I kicked the garage door down on returning from CR.Cats are best though, they have sixth sense and used to hide under the bed long before I got home after a bad result..

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]4 out of a possible 6 against crustal palace this season. That''ll do. [/quote]Or put another way, we''ve denied them 5 points.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]4 out of a possible 6 against crustal palace this season. That''ll do. [/quote]Or put another way, we''ve denied them 5 points.[/quote]

This is why I keep saying it''s a good point Rickyyyyy.

" 1 Win in 6 games such as those we''ve played, including 2 losses (and no wins) at home, is immensely worrying, and unlike some i can''t honestly say that we''re assured the minimum of survival under Hughton. Moreover i''d suggest relegation is a far more likely prospect on the basis of the available evidence "

All six of those games w/o Bennett, Pilkington and Tettey, and four of those six w/o Howson and RvW, so it''s just possible we may have a better chance of success once they are (all) available… hopefully immediately after the FA Cup 3rd round game.

[quote user="Surfer"]" 1 Win in 6 games such as those we''ve played, including 2 losses (and no wins) at home, is immensely worrying, and unlike some i can''t honestly say that we''re assured the minimum of survival under Hughton. Moreover i''d suggest relegation is a far more likely prospect on the basis of the available evidence "

All six of those games w/o Bennett, Pilkington and Tettey, and four of those six w/o Howson and RvW, so it''s just possible we may have a better chance of success once they are (all) available… hopefully immediately after the FA Cup 3rd round game.[/quote]Spot on.