Sign in to follow this  
| wolfswinkel |

Tonight's starting 11's

Vanwink wrote the following post at 2013-10-29 11:26 PM:

It''s not a game we want to win, good selection for me.

WHY - do we not want to win every game we play? And are you saying Hughton has put a team out to deliberately lose?

[quote user="City 2nd"]Would have fancied Becchio playing instead of Elmander for this one, but obviously not part of hoots plans for sure. Bloke must be so demoralised.[/quote]I''ve seen enough of Elmander to come to the conclusion that he should have stayed in Turkey & we should have kept Holt.

Would like to have seen Hooper get some more minutes, as hes missed a lot of football. Think Olsson should have started too as i think Zaha''s pace will kill Garrido.

Wes is the best no10 we have so no complaints about that.

I have no issues with this line-up!

I understand some not wanting to change it, but we are going to need all our squad this season.  In fact I saw it as a big problem in the second half of last season, relying too much on a fixed starting 11. Where are our squad going to get game time?

I quite like what I see and will give a good account of themselves!

Snake

City 2nd

Van wink wrote the following post at 2013-10-29 11:26 PM:

WHY - do we not want to win every game we play? And are you saying Hughton has put a team out to deliberately lose?

In the bottom three in the PL City 2nd. Last thing we need is a cup run. Deliberately lose? why would anyone try to do that, not suggesting that at all, but do you really think this team will win?

Well I can''t see the point in resting John Ruddy unless he is off in January and they want to get Bunn match fit, what are the chances of him getting injured again? Do goalkeepers get tired? 
Bassong has looked to be limping all season, so why is he in and Turner out? I would have played:
                          Ruddy
Whittaker    Bennett    Turner       Garrido
Redmond    Johnson    Hoolahan   Murphy
                  Elmander   Becchio
Giving all of our first XI apart from Bassong and Ruddy a rest, so playing a weaker team but one which has a chance of scoring a goal or two. 

Vanwink wrote the following post at 2013-10-29 11:45 PM:

City 2nd

Van wink wrote the following post at 2013-10-29 11:26 PM:

In the bottom three in the PL City 2nd. Last thing we need is a cup run. Deliberately lose? why would anyone try to do that, not suggesting that at all, but do you really think this team will win?

I always hope we will win and why is a cup run the last thing we need. Winning breeds confidence, something we are very short of if you ask me - a tanking tonight will not help at all.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Would like to have seen Hooper get some more minutes, as hes missed a lot of football. Think Olsson should have started too as i think Zaha''s pace will kill Garrido.

[/quote]

So Hooper for Eelmander and Olsson for Garrido then it''s your team?

[quote user="Wolfgang Bumpkin"]What kind of fool plays Fer ahead of David Fox!!! Fox CAN pass Fer CANT!!!!

Huggton out[/quote]

What a surprise! Bumpkin doesn''t even know that a Barnsley player unable to play for us tonight. By the way, he''s actually playing at Portman Road this coming Friday, so enjoy watching him play.

So surprised by the criticism almost outrage in a couple of instances, but respect these opinions of course as we are all seeing things very differently depending on what agenda we are on. That said, whilst I needed to think about the team selection for a few minutes, I then came to the conclusion that when looking at our squad, the game itself, what''s coming up, those players who need a match and injuries, I really think it''s about right....in particularly playing Redmond, Bennett and Hoolahan. I havnt looked at Manure''s side yet, but am guessing it will be very different to Saturday and probably with more changes than we have made.

Oh, and of course its a game the club would like to win, why wouldnt they now we have got so far?   

Of course we don''t want a tanking. But the history of struggling PL teams having cup runs ain''t great for their survival

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Youre like a politician, what would yours have been?

The New Boy (Le Juge) wrote the following post at 2013-10-29 11:50 PM:

Well I can''t see the point in resting John Ruddy unless he is off in January and they want to get Bunn match fit, what are the chances of him getting injured again? Do goalkeepers get tired?

Bassong has looked to be limping all season, so why is he in and Turner out? I would have played:

Ruddy

Whittaker Bennett Turner Garrido

Redmond Johnson Hoolahan Murphy

Elmander Becchio

Giving all of our first XI apart from Bassong and Ruddy a rest, so playing a weaker team but one which has a chance of scoring a goal or two.

Would have done me too NB, I like the Bennett/Turner combo over Bass at the minute who I don''t think is fully match fit.

A number of these players are in direct contention for their place in the first11, (eg Bennett, Garrido, Whittaker). This game gives them match time to prove themselves fit for the shirt. If they play well, we may win, and they prove their worth. If they don''t, our first team players get a rest. Is this too simplistic?

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

So surprised by the criticism almost outrage in a couple of instances, but respect these opinions of course as we are all seeing things very differently depending on what agenda we are on. That said, whilst I needed to think about the team selection for a few minutes, I then came to the conclusion that when looking at our squad, the game itself, what''s coming up, those players who need a match and injuries, I really think it''s about right....in particularly playing Redmond, Bennett and Hoolahan. I havnt looked at Manure''s side yet, but am guessing it will be very different to Saturday and probably with more changes than we have made.

Oh, and of course its a game the club would like to win, why wouldnt they now we have got so far?   

[/quote]
Well I''m being critical of this selection and yet as you well know I don''t have a Hughton-out agenda, I have been saying that he should get until the 30th November to get us out of the relegation zone.
Why does it have to be either-or? It isn''t like American politics where you pick Republican or Democrat, I actually feel really sorry for Becchio, and there might actually be one or two players who would see Hughton leaving as an opportunity. 

Vanwink wrote the following post at 2013-10-29 11:54 PM:

Of course we don''t want a tanking. But the history of struggling PL teams having cup runs ain''t great for their survival

Can''t argue with that for sure. We got relegated last time we won it!

1-0 utd. first of many

should have rested the first choice.were always going to lose with the form we are in

bunngafaiti whittaker bennett  garridomurphy johnson hoolahan murphy           morris becchio

Fer is undoubtedly talented, but he needs to put his brain in-gear sometimes.  Ridiculous challenge, especially considering we are playing at the stadium of ''dubiously-awarded-penalties''.

Such a soft penalty, no real danger, but if you give them the chance to go down they will

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well instead of bringing on the insults why don''t you pay me the same respect I do you.

Unbelievable Jeff!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well instead of bringing on the insults why don''t you pay me the same respect I do you.

Unbelievable Jeff!

[/quote]

I mustve missed the insult pal, but youre excellent at dodging the old questions [;)]

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Unbelievable Jeff!

[/quote]

I mustve missed the insult pal, but youre excellent at dodging the old questions [;)]

[/quote]

Well I always answer your questions just as I did on this thread. No point carrying on with petty arguments. I''m amazed that''s the route you choose. Obviously the manager situation is really getting to you.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Let''s stick to the thread Nigel[/quote]

I thought the team selection was what the thread was about Winky? I reckon you and CUSDP have caught Wiz''s trolling disease.