Sign in to follow this  
gravycanaries

Press conference scheduled for tomorrow

I think the Left Back is essential, as there isn''t really much cover if Garrido crocks it/ loses form but i reckon that might be that for wingers with Surman still about and Bennett providing cover.

Surman has never been a winger, he has always been a centre mid that played on the left hand side of a diamond. Did anyone ever think Crofts was a right winger? Hoolahan''s more of a winger than Surman IMO

I''d be very surprised if anyone else is latched on to the press conference to unveil the club''s record signing.

I can''t believe that any other new face apart from RVW and possibly Garrido will be unveiled but I wonder if anything will be said about other signings?

Played with a straight bat (''watch this space'') I would predict.  

Good point pete, hopefully we will hear more about the deals in the pipeline today though. Obviously the club doesn''t want to jepordise things or lull us into a fauls sense of optimism, but Redmond being 1/5 to join us suggests the deal is close, not many deals come back from them odds.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Good point pete, hopefully we will hear more about the deals in the pipeline today though. Obviously the club doesn''t want to jepordise things or lull us into a fauls sense of optimism, but Redmond being 1/5 to join us suggests the deal is close, not many deals come back from them odds.[/quote]I''m not so sure anything will be said, theres nothing to gain from raising speculation, deals can break down at the 11th hour.I suspect McNally will go about the business quietly, and we won''t hear anything until the deal is completed.

Well the one transfer deal I ever had ''inside info'' on was Cahill to Chelsea.

I was told he''d definately chosen there while Spurs (or maybe Arsenal) were still sniffing according to the media. I was told a week before the deal happened while the odds were still alright (about evens) and stupidly left it a day to bet on it by which time the odds had plummeted to 1/5. Still paid for a couple of pints mind!

I suspect they may have something to announce about Redmond. I''m clutching at straws here, but it seems imminent. Toivonen may well be Wednesday before we know more and the others may be next week as there are still fees, medicals and contracts to be agreed.

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

[quote user="morty"]I suspect McNally will go about the business quietly, and we won''t hear anything until the deal is completed.
[/quote]

I think you''re right Morty - as evidenced by the RVW signing

[/quote]

I think the RvW deal is the perfect example of the opposite - was all over ''social media'' for about a week before the club announced it (including Sporting''s statement to the Portguese Stock Exchange). I doubt NCFC wanted to announce it''s largest ever signing at 11pm of a Friday evening.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

[quote user="morty"]I suspect McNally will go about the business quietly, and we won''t hear anything until the deal is completed.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think the RvW deal is the perfect example of the opposite - was all over ''social media'' for about a week before the club announced it (including Sporting''s statement to the Portguese Stock Exchange). I doubt NCFC wanted to announce it''s largest ever signing at 11pm of a Friday evening.

[/quote]

Sorry, I didn''t make myself clear. The point I was trying to make is that DM concludes the deal before announcing it - as opposed to giving constant updates. You are right that the timing of the RVW announcement was "almost forced" upon him - but the deal had already been done.

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, I didn''t make myself clear. The point I was trying to make is that DM concludes the deal before announcing it - as opposed to giving constant updates. You are right that the timing of the RVW announcement was "almost forced" upon him - but the deal had already been done.

[/quote]

Ah I see - again only true to a certain extent. Hughton confirmed the club were trying to sign RvW before the deal was concluded.

Hughton is one of the few managers who is quite up front and open about transfer rumours, certainly more so than Lambert, and he doesn''t seem worried about confirming or denying when the club is after someone. I think CH also confirmed the clubs interest in Kei Kamara before any deal was signed.

[quote user="Number 9"]What time is this fictional press conference not happening? 1pm?[/quote]

Archant, the local Press who are actually at the conference, have confirmed it is happening NOW..

Now you say? Pah, that Morty bloke obviously is just making things up, and was just plucking a time out of the air, just to feed us poor souls, who feed off any scraps of ITK information.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Presser for RvW this afternoon.
[/quote]

Did I guess right that it would be at 13:00 Local Norfolk time?

[/quote]

No. Midday.
[/quote]

just incase anyone missed it....

[quote user="JayNCFC"]BBC aren''t live... no updates from Pink''Un on twitter, why the lack of coverage?[/quote]

because everyone''s in the press conference James.

Yes but usually they tweet updates, have it live on the radio and the club updates with pictures too!

This snail is the closest to a fish I could find.

For those wondering, the official updates are on Norwich''s Twitter page.

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC

[quote user="junojrs"]For those wondering, the official updates are on Norwich''s Twitter page.

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC[/quote]

Yes, looks like it started 30 minutes late.... Maybe the media team were getting their facts drilled into RVW.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]These things never start on time. Just waiting for a pic to go with the quotes...[/quote]

No one new there then, not that this is a disappointment with RVW signing officially, how can it be!

Interesting quote on this one:

CH: "The large majority of the team will be back in training on Thursday. There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes."

Wonder who won''t be training..... Unless I''m reading too much into it, and some are still on holiday or something?

[quote user="87canary"]Interesting quote on this one:

CH: "The large majority of the team will be back in training on Thursday. There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes."

Wonder who won''t be training..... Unless I''m reading too much into it, and some are still on holiday or something?[/quote]I think I saw that one of the players had only just gone on holiday. Maybe some that were involved in international friendlies etc are getting a bit of extra time off.