Sign in to follow this  
gravycanaries

Press conference scheduled for tomorrow

Norwich City FC ‏@NorwichCityFC 13m

CH: "We want to continue working on the squad and improving on what we''ve got. With Ricky, we''ve started to do that."

Improving. Now can we not use the term "brought in as cover for..." again?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]87Canary, the ones who wont be training might not yet have been signed...[/quote]
Good point! Hadn''t thought of that.
All in all, pretty decent press conference. All the right things said by everyone. Exciting times. Especially the line about improving the squad rather than bringing in cover.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Any mention of why he agreed to join while we were still relegation possibilities?[/quote]1. His club needed the money.2. I would bet at least one of my testicles that had we been relegated, you wouldn''t be seeing Ricky in Norwich today.

To be fair his tweets during that time were very positive, I''m not sure he thought we were going to get relegated. Perhaps he had more faith than some of us?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Wolfie,Garrido, Redmond and hooper.[/quote]

Bugger!...........I''ve just come!!

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Anyone know if, or who, is most likely to put a video up of the conference?[/quote]Mustard will.

Pete, that video isn''t the press conference, it''s RvW parading around with a scarf and giving an interview. :)

Will the actual conference be placed up anywhere?

I get the impression that the presser itself was exclusive to canaries.co.uk but interviews on the pitch were free to all. Every ''free'' video I have seen has been outside.

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]The Canary magazine has a picture of RvW in a Norwich kit holding a scarf aloft, so that must have been taken weeks ago?[/quote]Ah, but he was just a random man holding a scarf then ;)

Excellent video Pete (And Mustard) - thanks for putting that up.

He comes across as a very down to earth smart guy, and has a glint in his eye that suggests there''s a bit of ''the lad'' about him, he''s going to fit in really well.

Also, the comments he made in regards to Dutch international players explaining how great the prem is, but saying need to play in it to really appreciate how special it is - That was great to hear generally for our game.

Can''t wait for start of season now!!!