Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

Maxi Lopez Catania

Not worthy of a new thread however..... What about Mame Diouf. Ex man utd youngster, banging goals in nowadays. Stoke after him but have yet to place bid. Looks like a real good player now he has developed, still young too.

[quote user="chicken"]I made a booboo.

Gremio is a Brazilian club . . . . so discount that!

Erm, woops![/quote]

Yeah thought you had, sounds Italian though in your defence!!

One thing I would like to point out is Hughton is known for being a superb coach.This is the guy who got Joey Barton and Andy Caroll to play their best footballIf Hughton feels he can coach these players to be the best they can then perhaps he could improve lopez'' scoring record

....pretty much what I''ve been saying, Reading. Hopefully we''ll still be in for other striker targets, but IMO Lopez sounds like pretty decent backup and CH knows what he is after better than us.

In the end, Hughton''s judgement in the transfer market has been pretty good up until now. Maxi will definitely be an upgrade on Morison, Becchio, Jackson, Vaughan and C Martin.

At the transfer fee being bandied about and his wages being within budget he could be an excellent signing.

NODT wrote - "Please no. This guys sh*t, he''s not gonna get the goals we need. I''ll only be happy if we get Hooper aswel and Lopez is 3/4th choice."

I would be quite happy to go with three strikers (RvW, Lopez and Becchio) knowing that we are going to spend big on a replacement for Wes.

At the start of the window, i''d have been fairly happy with Lopez, but having seen Quagliarellas name linked., my standards have gone up.

I am sure his record is good, however I cannot help at wonder what his motivation for joining would be, if it is to showcase his talents in respect of getting a move to a bigger EPL club (and a bigger pay cheque) then great, howver I cannot help thinking that this smacks of a "Finidi George" type signing that failed to work for our dear neighbours down the A140. If he does sign I genuinely hope he does well and I will quite happily hold my hands up and admit my fears were unfounded......

"Please no. This guys sh*t, he''s not gonna get the goals we need. I''ll only be happy if we get Hooper aswel and Lopez is 3/4th choice"

And you''ve seen him play how many times, at what point did you go and scout him playing in 1 of the top 5 leagues in world football.

Why dont we wait and see, and if he signs and turns out to be awful then fair play to ya, but if he turns out to score 10 goals in the prem then £3.5m will be money well spent.

And to add if you are happy with Hooper, you should be happy with Lopez. They are probably quite much at same category strikers.

Dont get why all the hate as I have seen him play few times and he really didnt look that poor player some of you are making him.

And even without seeing him at all everyone should realise he has to have even some sort of quality in him for getting attention from bigger clubs even thought he didnt pull those chances trough.

And still we are speaking about getting second striker to replace Wolfie when needed. I would understand some of the whine if we would be speaking about certain starter and key signing of season and wouldnt have quality starter for that position.

As said he isnt worse signing than Hooper would be, if the price is good.

Why does this not ''smack'' of Argentinian striker wanting to play in the best and most watched league in the world, in a World Cup year?

The inconsistencies in some posters'' attitudes towards the Lopez and Hooper transfers are shocking!

To be fair Franco di santo was called up 3 times last season tho. If he scores 20 goals then he probably would do, but that probably wouldn''t happen either.

I think his strike partner at Sampdoria was Macheda who has failed at every club he has been on loan at and they didn''t create a lot either.

his work rate is tiresome apparently he will chase down everything and anyone maybe they think putting him in better surrounding and players will bring out the real player that made clubs like Milan show a interest in him.

at a muted 3.5m if we land a another top target up front as a third striker with his experience its certainly worth a shot as if it doesn''t work out even at 30 we could recover most of the transfer fee paid out

Analysing his stats into starts and sub apps:

2012-13  UC Sampdoria                           9+8 apps            4 goals

2011-12 AC Milan                                    2+6 apps            1 goal

Calcio Catania                             9+5 apps            3 goals

2010-11 Calcio Catania                            32+3 apps          8 goals

2009-10 Calcio Catania                            17 apps              11 goals

2008-09 Calcio Catania                            24+1 apps          12 goals

[quote user="GJP"]We aren''t interested in him and we don''t plan to be.[/quote]Good to know.

I would love this to be true, it''s a flip side to the coin, but what have you been told/read/heard from your colleagues sisters uncle?

Not sure where it has all come from. Agent talk maybe. But I hear from a pretty reliable source that we are just not interested in him.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Okay GJP, fingers crossed your source is good and we''ll get better than this fella?!?[/quote]

Well in all my years and thousands of posts on here I have very rarely posted "ITK" stuff. Only once or twice before now maybe.

I only do it if I''ve heard it from a real good source.

[quote user="ridgeman"]

[quote user="GJP"]Not sure where it has all come from. Agent talk maybe. But I hear from a pretty reliable source that we are just not interested in him.[/quote]

Who are we interested in then.

[/quote]

No idea.

Apart from Quag, of course.

Transfer Central TNC ‏@TransferNewsCen 2m

Official: Al Nasr confirms an initial agreement with Catania for Maxi Lopez. Will be in UAE in next 24-48 hours to complete move.

Expand

Seems that one''s a no go, perhaps Quag is a done deal?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Transfer Central TNC ‏@TransferNewsCen 2m Official: Al Nasr confirms an initial agreement with Catania for Maxi Lopez. Will be in UAE in next 24-48 hours to complete move. Expand Seems that one''s a no go, perhaps Quag is a done deal?[/quote]

I have to think that this is a bit of a relief. I can''t believe that he was being actively considered.