McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

Hold on a moment. One part of this thread this evening, a private jet flies into Norwich - another account via Twitter is that Hughton is in Milan. Two key people in different places at the same time? Stories conflicting. Add to that WBA Sunderland and other clubs

Offer turned down too but stories a week or so saying agreed.

Who do you really believe? Wait for the player/agent/clubs to officially confirm something not unconfirmed Tweets or journalists selling bogus stories

All i''m saying is Sky News Italia reporting the same thing.Hughton isn''t in any of the photos of the Norwich lads training in the US Today.If the meeting failed.Hughton went Italy > USThe "Directors" came back to Norwich (hence the private jet)Sounds plausible to me.

Hughton was at WB Studios looking at the Mexican Speedy Gonzales to keep the "Keep it below 30 brigade, unless Grant Holt" quiet.

Gonzales never ages in the cartoons and can run for ever, it''s Holt & Hux moulded in perpetual harmony.

ITK Twitterer: If you were attempting to be funny, you failed. Miserably. That post should be sent to Dignitas to put us all out of our misery.

[quote user="mastoola"][quote user="TheNewBoy"]The meeting would be in Milan for the same reason why Norwich signed Van Wolfswinkel in London. 

Good restaurants, luxury hotels, and a generally nicer place to conduct business. 

Plus if you are asking somebody to fly to Italy, it would probably be polite to drive the short distance to meet them - he would have flown to Milan most likely. 

[/quote]

and a major airport?

[/quote]
Well yeah, there is that, but Turin also has an airport. 

If it is true that deal agreed with player but fee not agreed I''m not so sure we should just "move on" as suggested above. We can''t keep flitting from striker target to target. We only have two strikers and we desperately need at least one more. If everything was agreed with the player as us claimed then I would fully expect us to go back in with a slightly higher bid.

Translated Italian press report;

The coach of the Norwich meets Quagliarella: sweet words and a lot of pounds. Hughton: "You will be our idol." The Liverpool on Matri

ImmagineTORINO, July 17, 2013 - Immersed in the heat of Chatillon, camouflaged among the two thousand Juventus fans. Chris Hughton, the coach of Norwich, is described by acquaintances as a kind determined and decided. When she puts her mind one thing is almost impossible to stop him. Even taking a private plane in the middle of the summer heat can be a barrier. Noticed it even Fabio Quagliarella, who after the various advances received, yesterday met the English coach in person. Hughton, with the permission of his club, and slingshots in the withdrawal of Chatillon to try to convince the Neapolitan striker to follow in the UK. A good twenty minutes of interview, during which the manager of Norwich showed off all his dialectic. The gist of it was more or less this: "Fabio, come on! I want to build a team around you. You''ll see that you will not regret: the Premier League is the most beautiful and you have everything to become the idol of our fans. " Quagliarella has listened intrigued, but with education not unbalanced either one way or another. His desire at the time, would still be the one to stay at Juventus.

12 million Euro''s is quite a bit to ask for a 30 year old striker (even if he is damn good) who''s been left as a fringe player in the Juve squad.The money we have supposedly offered would have meant we were paying around £8.7 million for him, and being honest I don''t think we should be going much higher than that (maybe up to £9 mil max, although can''t see another 300k being a deciding factor...)If Juve are looking to sell then they need to work with us on the price, but who knows whether or not the other clubs that have been linked are willing to pay the extra? Unlike the Hooper situation where he appears to have us as his first choice, this isn''t likely to be the situation with Quag, and at that stage things like wages and potential european places etc become more valuable and that''s where we could struggle.As much as I''d like to see the guy here (RVW with Quag playing off him - WOW!), we have to be sensible as a club and know when to push and when to back off, and if they want silly money with the player being potentially unconvinced about the move - we have to look elsewhere I''m afraid. Let''s just hope that as per usual the rumour mill is talking nonsense and in fact he''s on the verge of signing for around £8.5 mil [:D]

we seem to be talking about 500k here, a million there...at what point will we swallow our negotiating pride.because we really need another good striker

I think the key word you used there, judderman, is ''seem''. We really don''t know what the Club''s position is, what has been offered, what the sucking points are etc. We keep making these judgements based on Chinese whispers and assumptions.

Spending 12M to get us another year in the Prem and another whopping 40m or so in the kitty doesn''t seem like such a risk if we can bring in players of this calibre

There still seems to be a lot of confusion over these negotiations and it really depends on which Italian Journo you believe. Have Quagliarella''s Agents accepted our terms? Is Quagliarrella happy to move? What fee are Juventus holding out for; 10 million euros or higher?

As i''ve said to me. The logical explanation for me is.Hughton + some NCFC legal guys went to Milan to discuss a price with his agent + Juventus representatives.(quag was apparently in the meeting through viedo call as he''s training with the Juventus team)The deal failed so Hughton went to the US with the NCFC TeamThe NCFC representatives flew back to NorwichThat''s what i''ve heard and it all seems to fit in.

He also seemed surprised Juventus turned down 10mWhen they are trying to raise funds to strengthen their team.Suggested Quag was not all too convinced yet with a move to NCFC

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]not coming ... next! ...[/quote]

Hooray![:D]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]From the guy I spoke too.He says that Juventus want 12m but we would only offer 10It''s therefore up to us to make a second offer

[/quote]LMAO, you saw this on Twitter, don''t pretend to know stuff that is out in the public arena.Clearly we would not fly to Italy it we had not already agreed a price, it would be stupid.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]From the guy I spoke too.He says that Juventus want 12m but we would only offer 10It''s therefore up to us to make a second offer

[/quote]LMAO, you saw this on Twitter, don''t pretend to know stuff that is out in the public arena.Clearly we would not fly to Italy it we had not already agreed a price, it would be stupid.[/quote]Well yeah... I spoke to him on Twitter.It''s widely acknowledged now that Hughton is in Milan.Everyone in the Italian football press is reporting it.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]From the guy I spoke too.

He says that Juventus want 12m but we would only offer 10

It''s therefore up to us to make a second offer

[/quote]

LMAO, you saw this on Twitter, don''t pretend to know stuff that is out in the public arena.

Clearly we would not fly to Italy it we had not already agreed a price, it would be stupid.
[/quote]

Well yeah... I spoke to him on Twitter.

It''s widely acknowledged now that Hughton is in Milan.

Everyone in the Italian football press is reporting it.
[/quote]

Actually some are saying he is in Chatillon (where the Juve team are) and some are saying Milan - not sure why he would be in Milan when Quagliarella isn''t there...

I heard he had a meeting in Milan with some Juventus representatives and his agent.Quag was in the meeting via video link.He traveled over Chatillon today to meet him in person (they had 20minutes discussing issues)

quagliarella has turned Norwich down and wants to stay in Italy, hopes to sign for napoli according to live reports in Italy