McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]There is no doubt that a Saxonair flight was scheduled to land at NIA at 18:00 from Turin. There were stories about CH and other Club reps flying out to talk to Quagliarella today so that all fits nicely. Whether he was suitably impressed to catch the flight back with our guys to look around Colney would be another matter entirely.[/quote]

But isn''t CH with the squad now in the states?

Mr Brownstone wrote - "Juve (and Quagliarella) are in France apparently."

No they are not. The Valle D''Aosta training camp is north of Turin close to the Swiss border.

[quote user="Wiz"]We should be running away by a country mile from this fella, he''s after a last paycheck.[/quote]Wiz, about five posts before this accusation there was a quote and link (http://www.europacalcio.it/news/quagliarella-norwich-nei-prossimi-giorni-incontri-decisivi-19181.html) indicating that the payer is reluctant to leave Juventus for Norwich, and this despite the kind of salary we are reportedly keen to tempt him with (which appears to be the cause of your angst). You, on the other hand, appear to be suggesting that the guy is keen for a move purely to line his pockets.How do you reconcile the two?

Yeh I totally agree with some of the posters here, 30 is way too old and he is clearly on the decline *cough*

I mean look at Gianfranco Zola when he joined Chelsea, totally past it, he only went on to play 313 games for them, what a terrible buy that was! #sarcasm

As far as I''m aware Quagliarella is not known for his pace which may prolong his career, he is a technically gifted player like many Italian number 10''s (e.g., del Pierro, Zola, Totti, Mancini, Baggio), all of whom have had / are having long careers (Totti the youngest at 36). Quagliarella may not be quite in the same class as these players but you get my point, these type of players tend to have longevity.

Hope this signing happens but seems more of a dream at the moment.

Zola was 30 when he joined Chelsea should I say! Stayed there till he was 37. I reckon we could easily get 5 good years out of Quagliarella, maybe 6-7 if we''re lucky, although he would have probably moved on by then.

CRHM wrote - "David Mcnally and the legal team will be doing the work. Hughton video conference? "

If we are serious about Quagliarella then CH would have flown to Turin. Our first game is on Thursday and the Assistant Coaches can take care of our training until then. It''s all about priorities.

Just because I feel like making trouble.... I note several pictures from training at Stanford University on the official twitter today. Chris Hughton nowhere to be seen.

Good Point Josh.

I normally prefer the younger players with potential both for the club and player to progress. It''s a win-win situation if it works out.

We have for the last few seasons signed young and promising players, with the exception of back up goalies, and Turner / Garrido / Bassong.

It seems Hughton is trying to get good experience and youthful progression, if he nails the blend and team structure it could be an exciting era at Norwich.

Also the other benefits of having so many internationals at top end countries (England/Italy/Holland/Cameroon/Sweden/Norway) Is hopefully, the high technique and more important good solid decision making rubs off on our youth side (even if it Rubs off on just one of them).

[quote user="Baracouda"]It seems Hughton is trying to get good experience and youthful progression, if he nails the blend and team structure it could be an exciting era at Norwich.

Also the other benefits of having so many internationals at top end countries (England/Italy/Holland/Cameroon/Sweden/Norway) Is hopefully, the high technique and more important good solid decision making rubs off on our youth side (even if it Rubs off on just one of them).[/quote]This is a really good point, Quagmire would represent a sound level of experience, technique, decision making etc. to pass on. You can have coaches, but someone who has been there and done it at the highest level, whilst offering something on the field too could be invaluable if the mix is right. I am sure, if Quaggers wants that type of seniority and coaching/mentoring role Hughton and McNally can sell it to him.

@ADP1113: Juventus have rejected Norwich''s 10m offer for Quagliarella, it was presented by Norwich coach Hughton who was in Milano today - @dimarzio

Sky Italy

[quote user="Excited Canary"]10m euros that is. Apparently Juve want €12m - surely too steep?[/quote]If that''s the case best move on .

Pity it was rejected, still seems really weird to see us bid ten million anythings for a player, how times have changed, not that long ago it was the fans that helped fund the purchase a certain overweight tyre fitter.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]@ADP1113: Juventus have rejected Norwich''s 10m offer for Quagliarella, it was presented by Norwich coach Hughton who was in Milano today - @dimarzio

Sky Italy[/quote]

There is probably an answer, but if Juventus is based in Turin why would Hughton be in Milan?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]@ADP1113: Juventus have rejected Norwich''s 10m offer for Quagliarella, it was presented by Norwich coach Hughton who was in Milano today - @dimarzio

Sky Italy[/quote]

There is probably an answer, but if Juventus is based in Turin why would Hughton be in Milan?

[/quote]Neutral(ish) ground perhaps.

I as wondering much the same, Purple, I guess Milan and Turin aren''t too far apart but was the plane that landed at Norwich at 6pm not from Turin?

Tbh I''d expected CH to be in the US, too. As ever things do seem a bit wonky - traipsing across to Italy to ''present'' a bid only for it to be turned down seems rather mental, if indeed it happened at all?!

My Guess (If Hughton story is true)Team flew from UK - USHughton + Club representatives flew UK - ItalyHughton then flew Italy - USClub representatives flew back from Italy - Norwich

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I as wondering much the same, Purple, I guess Milan and Turin aren''t too far apart but was the plane that landed at Norwich at 6pm not from Turin?

Tbh I''d expected CH to be in the US, too. As ever things do seem a bit wonky - traipsing across to Italy to ''present'' a bid only for it to be turned down seems rather mental, if indeed it happened at all?![/quote]

Apparently it was, Branston. Although according to Joanna Grey the Juve squad is training near Aosta, but then again that is nearer to Turin than Milan. I can''t see any good reason why Hughton should have been in Milan to speak to Juventus officials. The likelihood is that the tweeter got it wrong. Whether that means all his supposed information is cobblers I couldn''t say.

The meeting would be in Milan for the same reason why Norwich signed Van Wolfswinkel in London. 
Good restaurants, luxury hotels, and a generally nicer place to conduct business. 
Plus if you are asking somebody to fly to Italy, it would probably be polite to drive the short distance to meet them - he would have flown to Milan most likely. 

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]The meeting would be in Milan for the same reason why Norwich signed Van Wolfswinkel in London. 

Good restaurants, luxury hotels, and a generally nicer place to conduct business. 

Plus if you are asking somebody to fly to Italy, it would probably be polite to drive the short distance to meet them - he would have flown to Milan most likely. 

[/quote]

and a major airport?

"Hughton was accompanied by the Norwich dS he wasn''t there alone"

"Norwich reps met Quaglia''s agent Beppe Bozzo who negotiated on Juve''s & Quagliarella''s behalf"

[quote user="Hackedoff"]I swear some posters on here have age fetishes![/quote]

Seems their only argument without looking at footballing facts v Hooper in my book. Both nice but one, the Italian, stands out head over heels over the other in my book

"Beppe Bozzo"

I googled to check, and yes this is a real person, and not as I was expecting, an hilarious circus clown.

Now the guy giving out this info is @adp1113I have absolutely no idea how legitimate he is.But he seems happy to discuss the issue .He also seems to know a lot about the goings on at Juventus football club.Anyone know what he means by the "DS" ?

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Now the guy giving out this info is @adp1113I have absolutely no idea how legitimate he is.But he seems happy to discuss the issue .He also seems to know a lot about the goings on at Juventus football club.Anyone know what he means by the "DS" ?[/quote]Delia?!

"Today Hughton, along with the Norwich directors, landed in Italy (Milano)""(Hughton even delayed his trip to the U.S.A where the rest of the squad is to try & seal the deal)" "In Milan, the Norwich representatives met with their Juve counterparts & Quagliarella''s agent, Bozzo."