Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Kamara - this man fills cinemas

Sorry for the late response guys, I''ve been busy removing the tongue from my cheek.

Perhaps it was a bit harsh to joke about shirt sales in Seirre Leone. I would be up for recycled shirt idea, indeed it is something I have promoted at Stevenage.

We (Stevenage) held a shirt amnesty where people if they donated a shirt would get money off in the club shop, the shirts went to disadvantaged kids in Kenya. The response was phenomenal.

Great idea people, hopefully this will also provide an opportunity for our partnership with "Front Row Marketing Services" to be put to the test. And Bellars.... What a star eh? I knew he was involved in something along those lines I just never knew to what extent.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]I don''t think it''s a bad idea, I just think that it wouldn''t see much take up (having to actually buy a shirt), what with it being a recession and football being expensive already.... .... but giving up a treasured collection of old shirts is probably an even greater gesture than merely parting with a few pounds, because they have sentimental value and can be difficult to give up. One of the shirts that I will donate would fetch eighty quid on eBay, Sierre Leone can have it for free.[/quote]

Good points. Thank you.

I do propose it''s at cost price so the club does not take a profit and hence would be more affordable.  Given that the interest is with Kei, would Sierre Leone rather have your treasured shirt or have it sold on ebay and fund three current shirts with Kamara 16 on the back just like their idol?

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]I doubt there will be a single official Norwich shirt in the country. Will be thousands of *ahem* ''replica'' shirts being sold for a quid a pop though. Perhaps we could all get together as Norwich fans and bundle together as many old shirts as we can, give them to Kia Kamara, and get him to give them away when he goes over there? That would be an awesome gesture. Sierre Leone is where Craig Bellamy has set up his charity foundation by the way, has put in a lot of money to build a school and football academy.[/quote]

Is this a car or a player? :-)

Well he may fill cinema''s but he also seems to be having a positive effect on the team.  They have been tweeting a lot this afternoon on the bus back from the airport with lots of banter about each other.  Got to be a good thing.  Positive vibes.

RN Ships sometimes stop there, maybe they would drop you off for free pete??? Wouldn''t want to waste money on a plane ticket!

Its a great idea, I would also be happy to contribute. I quite like the idea of buying Kamara printed shirts at cost to send out as an idea.

[quote user="Monty13"]RN Ships sometimes stop there, maybe they would drop you off for free pete??? Wouldn''t want to waste money on a plane ticket! Its a great idea, I would also be happy to contribute. I quite like the idea of buying Kamara printed shirts at cost to send out as an idea.[/quote]

We seem to be gathering interest in this, I still have contacts in the Haulage business at Felixstowe, who might be able to find a spare container, admiting that could be being a bit to optamistic but they need other things besides football shirts, If you follow my meaning.  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Monty13"]RN Ships sometimes stop there, maybe they would drop you off for free pete??? Wouldn''t want to waste money on a plane ticket! Its a great idea, I would also be happy to contribute. I quite like the idea of buying Kamara printed shirts at cost to send out as an idea.[/quote]

We seem to be gathering interest in this, I still have contacts in the Haulage business at Felixstowe, who might be able to find a spare container, admiting that could be being a bit to optamistic but they need other things besides football shirts, If you follow my meaning.  

[/quote]For every NCFC shirt I would be able to donate I probably have 10 perfectly good shirts and 10 pairs of jeans that somebody sneaked in and took in at the waist sometime around my 40th birthday. I guess clothes are always needed but if you look at what Bellars is doing they''ve made it mandatory for all those attending the academy to get regular schooling. Heaven knows how difficult it is to source paper, pencils and books for a school in Sierra Leone. I don''t know what language(s) they teach but if they do English there''s a box of learning to read and upwards books in my loft from when the kids were young.

[quote user="Archie"]

The club are very likely to be helpful - 18 months ago I took a set of shirts from the League 1 season, donated by the club, to Zanzibar (there was an article in the Pinkun), where a local team still wear them!

Pretty sure NCFC sent lots of shirts out to Sierra Leone around 10 years ago - is it possible to search the official site that far back?

[/quote]I guess this article must be the one on about you then! Great job on doing something amazing. Be great to see this particular venture happen too. I''ll be keeping an eye on what happens here!

[quote user="J"][quote user="Archie"]

The club are very likely to be helpful - 18 months ago I took a set of shirts from the League 1 season, donated by the club, to Zanzibar (there was an article in the Pinkun), where a local team still wear them!

Pretty sure NCFC sent lots of shirts out to Sierra Leone around 10 years ago - is it possible to search the official site that far back?

[/quote]

I guess this article must be the one on about you then! Great job on doing something amazing.

Be great to see this particular venture happen too. I''ll be keeping an eye on what happens here!
[/quote]

Met him yesterday in Chapelfields, first impression, Hell of a nice guy, him and Seb Bassong, looked like they were life long pals.I took 3 of my grandsons into the city yesterday, With the Ideal oppertunity to ask about the shirt donation, I spoke to Rob Butler and passed on the idea to him. So, watch this space could get a plug on Canary call   

Just reading a book named "Up Pohnpei" about 2 people who dream of being international managers and in order to fulfill this dream they go over to Pohnpei to manage their national team. The team had no equipment and were particularly lacking in shirts. The two contacted all 92 English football clubs and the only 2 teams who offered them kit were Yeovil and Norwich. So by the sounds of it, the club are usually happy to do this sort of thing so let''s try and get it through to them.

I think Kei will go on to do well for us, he Wants to be here... he is grateful for the opportunity and it wouldn''t surprise if all goes well if he never goes back to the USA.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Slowly setting the wheels in motion. More info when I get it.[/quote]

Comic Relief day seems a good day to return to this. Any news Pete?

I tweeted David McNally today about the lack of a reply and was told not all tweets can be answered and I should email. Shame but hey.

So where, if anywhere are we?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

If you want to help children in Sierra Leone then please make a donation to this worthy cause;

http://www.street-child.co.uk/

Kids in SL need food, shelter and medicine - not football shirts.

[/quote]

This is what I said earlier in this thread, I spoke to Rob Butler in the shop where Kie and Seb were signing Autographs, I gave him detales of how to contact me, As yet I have not heared anything, What would be fantastic is if we could get a Container left at Carrow road and people put items like  Tinned food, bottles of water, Rice, powdered milk, clothing,   blankets, infact anything that would be of use, things like redundent specticals would be very handy as these can cost more than they earn in a month, Sorry folks I could rabbit on for hours about this as it is something I have been involved in for a while now.  

I agree with all that. We are talking about a society where a biro is a luxury and everything and anything helps. Spectacles, notebooks, medicines, basic resources of any kind and of what for is is the most ordinary. Watching Comic Relief tonight is heart breaking and Sierre Leone is worse off than most.

If they get so much pleasure from Kei''s time here then shirts as well is not a bad thing. But as well not as the only project.