Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Hughton

Think we need to really look at things, someone up top needs a word with Hughton about his substitutes and formations.I think if we dont turn this around in the next 2 game we need to think about giving him his marching orders.

We''re desperately missing Ruddy, Bassong was sorely missed, and today proved why Whittaker is ahead of Martin in the pecking order.

Our midfield is a problem for Hughton, he doesn''t seem able to get the balance between attack and defence at the moment.

He dropped Hoolhan and Pilkington. Bassong was out. That''s three senior players on top of Ruddy. I would criticise him for those changes. But to be fair many on here wanted them.

The players with are just not good enough. There''s no real premiship quality in the squad

Agree with the midfield comment above.

I have been worried that we have not been able to create many chances at all from open play this season.

We have, so far, mainly got our points from keeping it solid at the back and nicking a goal but now we are struggling to do either.

Holt has only got 4 goals and it is surely the midfield at fault.

So now we are spending 10 million + on 2 strikers..... I agree we need a stronger strikeforce, but the midfield needs some improvement.

It''s the lack of chances that I worry about. No chances = no goals. Goals win games.

[quote user="Eggy"]Now u know why Newcastle got rid of him Liverpool are by far a better team with a better manager!!!![/quote]

As disappointed as I am with the result - I couldn''t bring myself to make such a stupid comment!

If you are so into Newcastle, then you must have been encouraged by their response to that rampaging, "top" club, Reading!

Now, to the more rational Pinkun readers, I suspect that CH realised that this was a game that we had very little chance in, hence his team selection - possibly to see if some of those "on the bench" faces could step up to the plate. There could also have been an element of "demonstrating to the board" the need for new quality players - our 6th league game without a win.....

In that respect, the answer is very loud and very clear - we do need to "speculate to accumulate". I have been very supportive of the capabilities of the 1st team, however, with the injuries we have sustained, the reason why some people have not been in the starting line up is quite obvious - there is a shortage of back up quality and that has been proven.

It probably also answers the question as to why CH brings on substitutes so late.....

However, there was one positive - Suarez didn''t score a hat-trick against us!

You''ve got to give the guy some credit. He must be seething after watching our defensive performances, but his radio interview was coherent, explanatory, and revealed a calm head in what can only be described as a building storm.

He doesn''t deserve to be vilified by the fans - just hope he''s fast learning the players he can trust.

This is nowhere near the depths of Worthington, Grant or Roeder, so I think the guy deserves a lot more respect.

[quote user="unique"]You''ve got to give the guy some credit. He must be seething after watching our defensive performances, but his radio interview was coherent, explanatory, and revealed a calm head in what can only be described as a building storm. He doesn''t deserve to be vilified by the fans - just hope he''s fast learning the players he can trust. This is nowhere near the depths of Worthington, Grant or Roeder, so I think the guy deserves a lot more respect.[/quote]

Well said sir!

I suspect that CH will leave the team in no doubt whatsoever as to his feelings - and what the consequences will be if this is not turned around by next weekend! The riot act will no doubt be read, and re-read, and re-read yet again for good measure!

....and another positive from today - thanks to the performance of other teams, we are still 7 points off the bottom 3 and we only went down one place to 13th (although, there are now only 3 teams with a worse goal difference than us)

We are not playing as well as we used to at all look at the matches between Chelsea and Man City and I dont think its just down to the players I think the whole set up needs to get a grip otherwise we will not attract anyone in this transfer window and we will be fighting a relegation battle again. We may not be in the depths of Grant or Roeder but be warned we are not far off on our present form.

Unique - I don''t think you need to worry about him being vilified by the fans; he got a rendition of "only one Chrissy Hughton" this afternoon that he acknowledged and I''m pretty sure that the majority of reasonable fans are behind him at this moment in time. (To sack him now would be even more ridiculous than Southampton getting rid of Atkins.)

I thought today was particularly poor in terms of individuals'' performances, and tactics. However, in terms of the recent bad run, we have had some tough games coinciding with injuries to key players. That always spells trouble. Players getting fit again, easier run of games coming up, and I think we''ll be back to getting points again.

Doesn''t excuse the total lack of performance today though, but certainly not panic stations yet.

He made a good decision in not bringing Bassong back too soon. Save him for the home game vs Spurs, where we are more than capable of getting the points.

Bennett in for Pilkington is a change I agree with. Think Pilkington has been poor recently, and Bennett deserves a chance.

Hoolahan is a strange one. Our most creative player. Apparently had a mare last week? (Didn''t see the game).

Have to remember what this team are capable of (wins against Man United, arsenal, the fight back against Man City). Keep calm. Injuries to key players are stacking up, once they''re recovered from, we''ll be fine.

Some strange decisions today. Although Hoolahan was poor last week, his replacement by Howson simply resulted in a lack of creativity. E Bennett did not get into the game.

As a postscript good on the Liverpool stewards for getting the supporters sat down.

Am losing faith in Hughton, I didn''t expect anything from today''s game but I didn''t expect us to rollover either. CH and his staff have taken a team last season that was one of the most offensive to being shot shy.

In return we have got better defenders in but still conceded more goals, that is some achievement. How many times have I heard they were soft goals for us to concede, well when will his coaching start to pay dividends?

At no point from January last season did I feel we''d get relegated, now under Hughton we are in free fall, playing shite football and shot shy. If we go behind I don''t expect a win under him, he is looking as inept as recent managers bar the previous manager.

ABC wrote: Now, to the more rational Pinkun readers, I suspect that CH realised that this was a game that we had very little chance in, hence his team selection - possibly to see if some of those "on the bench" faces could step up to the plate. There could also have been an element of "demonstrating to the board" the need for new quality players - our 6th league game without a win.....

Do you really seriously think that Hughton goes into ANY Match with that mindset, because if he does, HE IS NOT the manager for NCFC. We haven''t won in 7 prem matches, and we have a striker playing regularly who has scored 4 goals, and his back ups haven''t even got that and you believe it is to demonstrate to the board the need to strengthen - I don''t mean to be rude, but honestly, you are joking huh?