Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Luton..what will we/should we do?

I suspect Hughton will play a team akin to that of Peterborough i.e a 2nd XI but should this be a chance for him to play our strongest team and get used to winning a football match again for the first time in 7 and then take that into the Spurs match 4 days later??

Before today would''ve said similar to posh and get the murphy twins involved, however I think something resembling our strongest side will get played, we need something going into the spurs game. Maybe Hughton will have a new player or two to try out in a different formation...

Just like Peterborough, Luton is a dangerous distraction, carrying the risk of injury to players with no upside benefit. All resources need to be concentrated on trying to keep us in the PL. Long day.

We should play a team to win and win handsomely, we need to get back to winning and get some confidence back!

If we go out to Luton confidence will be shattered!

Winning is a habit and at the moment so is losing.....right now we need something to feel good about in yellow/green!

It''s a must win game - any other result versus a non league team would be a crushing blow of confidence to the whole club & every player in it. Therefore, I would sort out the team I wanted to play in the Spurs game first & send out exactly the same team against Luton. Our first choice team need to know that winning feeling again.

Don''t risk anyone of our supposed best eleven, we playing non league at home, surely that''s enough quality to get through.

Rudd

Francomb Barnett Bennett Tierney

Bennett Fox Howson Surman

Jackson Kane

Steer Bennett Martin Johnson Snodgrass Hoolahan Holt

dont risk key players - no bassong, garrido, holt, wes or snodgrass.

in midfield I would be tempted to stick with 451 and see how a base of tettey and fox works. may not prove much against non league opposition but worth a go for me

Rudd, francomb, Barnett, R Bennett, Tierney; E Bennett, fox, Johnson, Surman, hoolahan, Jackson.

Subs - steer, Martin, Bassong, Tettey, murphy, murphy, Kane.

CH should stick out the lot that played yesterday (+ Bassong (unless we have indeed sold him to Wet Sham for £40m like one post yesterday), with a rocket up their backside and a point to prove.

Failing that, perhaps include the new £ expensive signings who are yet to arrive.

Very much a game to rest Garrido, Turner, Tettey, BJ, Snoddy, Pilks, Hoolahan and Holt - with the last 2 as subs.

We have too many tired players and perhaps Hoots was right to let them go clubbing and let off steam rather than dwell on a bad day.

In fact, I would take it further and send a large group of players to Lanzarote or similar to recuperate ahead of vital games ahead, we need a relaunch.

I don''t care about the FA Cup. If Luton put us out they will do us a favour and I only hope there isn''t a replay.

This is a chance for a winter break.

Right on. Our 10 match run came after an international break. Our best players are either injured or mentally/physically exausted. Don''t risk any front liners vs Luton. A break is just what we need at the moment.

[quote user="Making Plans"]It''s a must win game - any other result versus a non league team would be a crushing blow of confidence to the whole club & every player in it.
Therefore, I would sort out the team I wanted to play in the Spurs game first & send out exactly the same team against Luton.
Our first choice team need to know that winning feeling again.
[/quote]

14th January 1986  FA Cup 3rd round, Birmingham City 1-2 Altincham.

this was the last time non-league team beat a top division team in the FA Cup away from home, we certainly don''t want that on our CV

Incidently another score from this round of the FA Cup that season was Liverpool 5-0 Norwich!

[quote user="Making Plans"]It''s a must win game - any other result versus a non league team would be a crushing blow of confidence to the whole club & every player in it.
Therefore, I would sort out the team I wanted to play in the Spurs game first & send out exactly the same team against Luton.
Our first choice team need to know that winning feeling again.
[/quote]

14th January 1986  FA Cup 3rd round, Birmingham City 1-2 Altincham.

this was the last time non-league team beat a top division team in the FA Cup away from home, we certainly don''t want that on our CV

Incidently another score from this round of the FA Cup that season was Liverpool 5-0 Norwich!

" Very much a game to rest Garrido, Turner, Tettey, BJ, Snoddy, Pilks, Hoolahan and Holt - with the last 2 as subs.

We have too many tired players and perhaps Hoots was right to let them go clubbing and let off steam rather than dwell on a bad day.

In fact, I would take it further and send a large group of players to Lanzarote or similar to recuperate ahead of vital games ahead, we need a relaunch.

I don''t care about the FA Cup. If Luton put us out they will do us a favour and I only hope there isn''t a replay.

This is a chance for a winter break. "

Very much this.

Start strong, get ahead, then bring some kids on for a debut they can enjoy.

Completely agree with Rudi on this one. Many of the first choice players look very tired - we have had an intense,  tough programme over Christmas / New year and they need some time to catch up and regroup. A break away would be a good idea but even if we dont they should be given a breather - and allow some other squad players a chance to shine (including giving the amazing Mr Fox to demonstrate what some think we have been missing).I''ll be there against Luton and I wont feel short-changed if we field the second string. ore important will be to have a refreshed first team out against Spurs.

[quote user="Making Plans"]It''s a must win game - any other result versus a non league team would be a crushing blow of confidence to the whole club & every player in it. Therefore, I would sort out the team I wanted to play in the Spurs game first & send out exactly the same team against Luton. Our first choice team need to know that winning feeling again.[/quote]No further comment required.