Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Holt to Watford!??

Ok dont bite my head off for reporting this rumour on here and i don''t believe it in the slightest as it literally makes no logical sense, but i will report it to you guys anyway.

I heard something funny today from my step dad. Basically, he sits next to some chap at the football who seems to know a few things and people (apparently knows McNally and was having drinks with the Chariman of Man City before the game). This old chap was telling him how Holt is on his way to Watford in January and when pressed as to the reason why he claimed he would be getting offered much larger wages and we are willing to sell him because it''s for a good price and we have a replacement from Anderlecht already lined up.

As i said at the start, i have little faith in this rumour for many reasons but this guy has got a few things right this season. He told us about Wes signing a new contract a good couple of weeks before it happened and claimed the compensation for Lambert had been sorted a week or so before it was announced, although he was adament that that info couldn''t be shared. I have only meet him at the odd game, seems to like to brag about what he knows, but can''t think of anything he has ever got wrong, although i expect this could be the first thing.

So apologies for starting some crap rumour on here, purely reporting what i have heard, wish i had been at the game to question the guy myself, i.e, how can Watford afford more than us on wages, we may have a replacement coming in, but we have 4 other strikers on our books we could offload first, also Holt is very settled in the area.

Sorry for posting crap rumours?! No you''re not! I''ve never heard so much drivel on this board, EVER! Do us a favour, don''t bother posting ever again. All the best.

[quote user="MisterCarrow"]Sorry for posting crap rumours?! No you''re not! I''ve never heard so much drivel on this board, EVER! Do us a favour, don''t bother posting ever again. All the best.[/quote]

You obviously haven''t been on this board for long, wait and see over the next couple of weeks, BW will be back and we will be hearing a lot more shit!

Like i said purely reporting what i heard (and after hearing the Holt to Leicester thing on here i almost didn''t put it up having remembered how ridiculous i thought that rumour sounded), and as i said i cannot see how it can be true, only reason i put it up was because the guy has seemed reliable in the past.

Not particularly fussed at receiving shit for posting this, but you can see why people who do hear things early don''t come on and report it with people like MisterCarrow ready to jump at you

Can''t see him leaving to be honest. Just signed a new deal. Family settled etc.

But this and the Leicester thing, as well as a talksport guy saying two prem clubs are sniffing around him... Guess you never know.

Fair play for passing on what you heard. As I said in the other thread, if I''d heard similar, I''d have passed it on. OP isn''t known for making up crap rumours, so give him a break before jumping on his back.

Under new ownership Watford are building a very skilful, pacy team this year (albeit essentially made up of Udinese loanees) and are banging on the door of the play-offs if not automatic. Holt would not fit in with what they''re doing at all.

[quote user="e10_yellow"]Under new ownership Watford are building a very skilful, pacy team this year (albeit essentially made up of Udinese loanees) and are banging on the door of the play-offs if not automatic. Holt would not fit in with what they''re doing at all.[/quote]

Didn''t know Watford were under new ownership- my knowledge of championship clubs has seriously decreased over the last couple of years. Who owns them now?

Also, this Anderlecht striker, anyone know of any we have been linked with? I couldn''t name you one Anderlecht player.

Like i''ve said all along, i have very little faith in this rumour, purely passing on what i''ve heard, it would take some serious cash for us to sell considering we turned down a bid of 4M or so from Blackburn in the summer(according to the media)

Since this summer Watford have been owned by the Italian Pozzo family who also own Udinese and Granada - hence all the loanees from those clubs and bringing Zola in as manager. Wholesale overhaul but their strategy seems to be working so far.

Really can''t see why we''d have fought so hard to keep him during the summer only to get shot 6 months down the road, especially as he''s still performing well.

The Anderlecht player I''d assume you are referring to is Mbokani. He''s scored nearly a goal a game this season and has expressed a desire to play in the Prem, but he''s been linked with Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle so he''s probably out of reach for us.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Norwich are not a selling club, each transfer window we look to improve the squad.So where does selling Holt come into this ?[/quote]

I think everyone on this thread makes very sensible points, points no one can argue with. If this is true, it would be one of the biggest shock transfers ever

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Really can''t see why we''d have fought so hard to keep him during the summer only to get shot 6 months down the road, especially as he''s still performing well.

The Anderlecht player I''d assume you are referring to is Mbokani. He''s scored nearly a goal a game this season and has expressed a desire to play in the Prem, but he''s been linked with Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle so he''s probably out of reach for us.[/quote]

I like the sound of this guy though! Although, sounds as though he could be beyond us, but who knows, Ba got picked up by Newcastle despite having all the big clubs looking at him (however i think that was more down to his injury problems)

I think another thing to remember is what Holt brings to the team harmony and ethos, that is irreplaceable!

Assume you''re talking about Matej Vydra. He''s on loan from Udinese. Any invented permutation of this rumour is a complete non-starter for the reasons I''ve already outlined.

How in the hell did this thread warrant two pages of replies?

IF this happens... IF! I will record a youtube video of me eating my Holt shirt.

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]How in the hell did this thread warrant two pages of replies? IF this happens... IF! I will record a youtube video of me eating my Holt shirt.[/quote]

Its silly season time again, some people love to attract a bit of attention, Where''s Wiz?

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]How in the hell did this thread warrant two pages of replies? IF this happens... IF! I will record a youtube video of me eating my Holt shirt.[/quote]

Its silly season time again, some people love to attract a bit of attention, Where''s Wiz?

[/quote]

Staying well clear of it.................at the moment![:P]