Sign in to follow this  
S10 Canary

Graham & Hooper

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose Re Gary Hooper @tSFanReporter I understand Norwich have agreed a fee with Celtic, my man thinks he''ll join[/quote]

Oh dear - means it''s almost certainly not happening then if that idiot is saying it will [;)]

[/quote]

Are you confusing Moose with is Posh supporting colleague Adrian Durham?

[/quote]

Nope, Ian Abrahams is an even bigger tool than Adrian Durham.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose Re Gary Hooper @tSFanReporter I understand Norwich have agreed a fee with Celtic, my man thinks he''ll join[/quote]

Oh dear - means it''s almost certainly not happening then if that idiot is saying it will [;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with most of your posts Bethanl, but I''ll have to disagree with you there. To the best of my knowledge there isn''t a bigger tool on the face of the planet than Durham.

Hooper isnt out of our league, but I''m quite sure he wont move now in January.

Juventus for example is linked like every striker that is in form ^^ Big teams (at least for their first striker) want a bit more complete players as they tend to keep ball on the ground.

Hooperman would be great choise for Holt, but mayby we could find a bit cheaper option with same skillset. So cant see us spending on him.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Abrahams is far worse than Durham, Mr. Brownstone.  He always rears his ugly head during transfer windows, he''s the living embodiment of dodgyfootballrumours.com

I agree with most of your posts Bethanl, but I''ll have to disagree with you there. To the best of my knowledge there isn''t a bigger tool on the face of the planet than Durham.

[/quote]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Abrahams is far worse than Durham, Mr. Brownstone.  He always rears his

ugly head during transfer windows, he''s the living embodiment of

dodgyfootballrumours.com

I''ve always quited like Gary Hooper and said years ago that we should have taken a punt on him when he was playing in the lower leagues.

However, he''s definitely not the greatest player you''ll ever see and I''d be surprised if he managed to do better than a midtable kind of Prem side. I don''t think there''s any doubt that he''d like to play his football south of the boarder and in the Premier League but with Celtic''s Champions League run it''s probably going to be harder than it would have been for a club to persuade him to move this January.

Having said that, Hooper will also know that it''s not going to get any better for Celtic than the result against Barca and is playing in 2 games against Juventus worth overlooking Premier League football for?

Rob Butler ‏@BobRutler

#celticfc just called and they say the Gary Hooper link to Norwich is "absolute nonsense". To reiterate, #ncfc have nothing to say on matter

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

Only fresh gossip heard this pm is believe #SCFC #swansea will let both Danny Graham & Luke Moore go this month if get right offers

From the mail writer who linked Toure, but also called Vaughan going out on loan way before it happened

The problem with club officials flat out denying rumours relating to specific players, is that when the club decide to decline to comment people jump to conclusions.

[quote user="Scrimmage "]So no, it''s not another stupid rumour made up by the tabloids.[/quote]

Who has made up the stupid rumour then?

Just because the clubs say something, doesn''t make it so. Their transfer business can be private until deals are announced - of course teams will always deny, deny, deny - as it could effect potential deals

[quote user="AJ"]Just because the clubs say something, doesn''t make it so. Their transfer business can be private until deals are announced - of course teams will always deny, deny, deny - as it could effect potential deals[/quote]

Clubs won''t deny too much if there is a strong chance of a transfer happening - it''s better to get as many teams involved in the negotiating process as possible in the hope of a bidding war and also if you are going to sell a player denying it a couple of days beforehand makes a club look stupid and weak. Best to make it seem as if the other club have been ripped off and you wanted to sell all the long anyway - Newcastle have handled the Ba situtation well for example, by never denying anything and keeping a dialouge with the media they look like they are in charge of the situtation. The exact opposite can be said for Arsenal who kept denying RVP was in talks with other teams and might sign a contract when that was obviously untrue, Arsenal ended up looking desperate and unable to control their players.

Just saw Hooper''s goal against Motherwell. Hmmm. The defending looked Champs standard at best.

He''s a bit of a tiddler ain''t ''e? Size isn''t everything (ooh etc.), but I think Hughton likes ''em big (see above).

It is a problem, knowing how such a player would perform against better defences; we''ll just have to trust Chris''s judgement (which I''m more than happy to do).

[quote user="ron obvious"]Just saw Hooper''s goal against Motherwell. Hmmm. The defending looked Champs standard at best. He''s a bit of a tiddler ain''t ''e? Size isn''t everything (ooh etc.), but I think Hughton likes ''em big (see above). It is a problem, knowing how such a player would perform against better defences; we''ll just have to trust Chris''s judgement (which I''m more than happy to do).[/quote]

To be fair he does play in Champions League matches so there is an opportunity for anyone watching him to see how he performs against better opposition. Personally cant see him leaving Celtic until the summer.

The thing is, both Hooper and Graham alone would break our record transfer fee easily. I dunno who holds it now, still R. Bennet? If he does, I think that is evidence enough why we

A) won''t sign Hooper and

B) why either of these two would be a big step for NCFC

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Can''t see Hooper coming here but would be an improvement over DG who, in turn, is an improvement on CMS.[/quote]

Yes he is out of contract but there is no chance he is coming our way this transfer window. CH was at Paradise yesterday to watch there midfield player Beram Kayal. Its Sky Sports putting two and two together and with the aid of twitter its now become Hooper to Norwich.

Danny Graham imo would be a much more realistic target for us to get excited about, tried and tested at this level, good age and gets a long with a lot of our players.

But you know nothing NCFC4LIFE, you''re only saying he was watching Kayal because the media say he was - exactly as they are with this Hooper rumour. I''m not saying I believe either but dismissing hearsay with hearsay is ludicrous.

ncfcstar, do you really think Gary Hooper will leave Celtic before the end of this season with a chance of playing in the last 16 of Champs League and another SPL championship medal? The SPL title was pretty much in the bag before a ball was kicked. Hoopers value is going to be far more at the end of the season than it is in Jan.

All I am saying is its a far more believable story that CH was there to watch Kayal as it was reported by the Pinkun who have closer sources to the FC.

Quite right, ncfcstar!

But then, the fact is, none of us know anything concrete. We all try to predict, using our own reasoning, who we might be after and how much money we have to spend. Mostly, that reasoning is very much based on whether your glass is half empty or half full- its whats separates the Hooper/Mbokani etc hopefuls from the ''CMS is the best we can get... we are as good as relegated!'' bunch.

I don''t know about any of you, but I''m enjoying it. Ears to the ground, people.

Lets be honest, what really does the Pink ''Un ever break? Are the ties that NCFC have with Archant all that strong? Whilst I would say there is a connection between the two it is simply for them to rehash a majority of the official lines of the club to an eager base, rather than investigative journalism or journalism that relies on "sources close to the club".  To be fair to them for a long time before the big boys were coming to pressers, Pink ''Un was the main player in this respect.Back in the old day perhaps more when Stephan Phillips was MD of EDP there might have been a closer tie, but he has since moved on.  However even then I am sure that lose lips sink ships would have been the viewpoint and so fewer still info was allowed to print.The final nail in the coffin of this would be that there is no second paper to fight against (that isn''t Archant owned) and depending on your viewpoint, either nothing to compete against and print tosh for, or no need to rock the boat with any information "leaked" as to upset the club. Just rehash the story depending on whether you are looking to sell more EDP or Evening News.

hux getting some grief from celtic fans stating he would want a stand from celtic park for the £10-15m they feel Hooper is worth, they not liking his view that he is not worth that - yet...

Giving asgood as he gets - top man :-)

Don''t understand all this love and desperation to sign Hooper. Sure he scores goals in the SPL - But that league is the equivilant to League one without Rangers there. I honestly don''t think he''s half as good as some are making out. I''d much prefer Danny Graham or even Kevin Doyle. Value for money Hooper simply is not. 

Jelavic has made the transition form SPL & cost £7m,  so despite the failure of other SPL converts (Mackie?  Goodwillie) I suspect that is the bare minimum that Celtic will be looking for.

The situation may be a little more complicated than him wanting to stay for  champions league - as he is stalling on a new contract Celtic could decide to cash in now rather than run teh risk of losing him and accept a bid.   However everything points to the price being above what I would both value him and expect our transfer budget to be.  I have to agree with hux that he is not proven and for a £7-10m fee we can get significantly better value elsewhere.    Hooper for that sort of figure or Graham for £3-5m?    No contest for me it would be DG everytime..    

James Nursey (Mirror) reckons Hooper is a no go:

James Nursey @JamesNursey

Hearing little\no chance Celtic striker Gary Hooper will go to . Think down to his salary demands.

James Nursey @JamesNursey

I reported interest in Hooper last Jan & he wanted 25k a week in Championship rising to 50k in Prem so doubt can afford him

He''s welcome to stay up there for £50k a week.