Sign in to follow this  
unique

Appalling

I too agree with Ricardo''s statement and am thinking some on here were watching a different game to me today. Just finished watching the Arsenal vs QPR game and it was of a similar level AND the many higher paid stars from both teams were also wayward with their final ball too. We were the better team today by a country mile and should have finished them off, but we didnt, that was disappointing...and "disappointing" is the word more appropriate for the subject rather than "appalling". On another day, a performance like that with abit more good fortune will bring us a result of 3 or 4 nil.

There is some utter bollocks posted on this thread.A few need to get out and go to a few games rather than spending their life being keyboard warriors.The result was disappointing but the performance wasn''t.

[quote user="Chris Hugh"]That was the best chance we will have this season of getting 3 points away from home.  And we blew it.

What I couldn''t understand was why, even when we had an extra man and were looking so dangerous down the flanks, our defenders insisted on pumping it up to Holt / Morison from the halfway line. Constantly going for the Hollywood passes when there was no need.

A worrying lack of patience!

[/quote]

Was thinking this myself.  That''s why I was hoping for Jackson to come on, with his pace to mix it up a bit, and of course he can score !!   

I I''m sorry to say I wasn''t on the edge of my seat waiting for us to score. In fact I was pretty much resigned to us not scoring and was surprised when Turner got one. It reminded me of last week when I was pretty convinced that Arsenal would not score. Despite total dominance I jst felt we lacked the belief today.

[quote user="whoareyou"]There is some utter bollocks posted on this thread.

A few need to get out and go to a few games rather than spending their life being keyboard warriors.

The result was disappointing but the performance wasn''t.

[/quote]

We gave away so much possession through sloppy passes, delivered poor crosses, and that''s why we couldn''t beat 10 men. If Villa had not forfeited a player we would proably have lost. The effort was good but performance was not IMO.  

[quote user="paul moy"]

We gave away so much possession through sloppy passes, delivered poor crosses, and that''s why we couldn''t beat 10 men. If Villa had not forfeited a player we would proably have lost. The effort was good but performance was not IMO.  

[/quote]

Oh dear.......I agree with Paul Moy..........

The crossing was shocking but we were by far the better team. Without Turners shocking error we would have deservedly won this.

Johnson loses easy possession too often and it''s time for fox. Holt was poor with morison better but we were shockingly toothless up front. Benteke was impressive on far less service.

We will kick on, but s strikes and a partner for the solid carpool are needed.

[quote user="Aggy"] but we''re still a million miles away from where we need to be if we''re going to stay up.[/quote]

We are 16th, which is probably where we need to be if we are to stay up

......or it was when I last looked

certainly looked like it from where I was watching as well

but then why let that spoil a ''perfectly good attack'' on the team, the manager etc ?

From my vantage point at Villa Park, I was disappointed that we were behind at half time as I thought we were largely in control. In the second half we continued in the same vein and while the sending off (deserved ) helped, I thought Villa were poor before that. Yes we missed chances but some of the comments on here are both surprising and disgraceful.

Criticised for working the ball left to right and then back again? Retaining possession while making the ten men cover as much ground as possible? Wearing them down, they switched to two banks of four and compacted the game, we still opened them up and got behind them on numerous occasions.

A couple of poor decisions and a couple of bad misses cost us. I don''t think it was a surprise that Guzan was given as the MOTM by the match sponsors.

We were good today, Hoolahan and Tettey were impressive again.

We''ll be just fine. Villa, well, if anyone is going to have a long winter....

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]From my vantage point at Villa Park, I was disappointed that we were behind at half time as I thought we were largely in control. In the second half we continued in the same vein and while the sending off (deserved ) helped, I thought Villa were poor before that. Yes we missed chances but some of the comments on here are both surprising and disgraceful.

Criticised for working the ball left to right and then back again? Retaining possession while making the ten men cover as much ground as possible? Wearing them down, they switched to two banks of four and compacted the game, we still opened them up and got behind them on numerous occasions.

A couple of poor decisions and a couple of bad misses cost us. I don''t think it was a surprise that Guzan was given as the MOTM by the match sponsors.

We were good today, Hoolahan and Tettey were impressive again.

We''ll be just fine. Villa, well, if anyone is going to have a long winter....[/quote]Thats the game I saw too.[Y]

It is all very well saying we were the better team, but you have to admit that it doesn''t look good when corners and free kicks are of such poor quality.  I sat here when Snodgrass took a free kick saying - come on, come on, don''t over hit it - and of course he did.   Just too many going astray.

If we want  people to take us seriously as a premier league team - we have to have better quality of delivery at set pieces.   Call it an off day if you like, but a good performance and being the better team doesn''t count if you can''t even deliver a decent ball in for strikers to attack.   I''m sure Hughton and the players will want to improve this  aspect of their play - and the players are capable of it - but having said that it is still a point we would have been grateful for before the match.

I have to say I''m a little surprised at some of the negativity, a point away from home is never a bad result whoever it is against - and little more than a week ago, plenty of people were predicting a stuffing today.

Clearly we can improve - as all sides can - but we have surely turned a corner. It is annoying that we have deserved two wins on our travels, that have ended in draws, but if we keep going it won''t be far away.

What an utterly hilarious thread. The people that jumped the gun and posted this after ten minutes should be tarred, feathered and dragged through Norwich city centre. Absolute mongs. How about you focus less on panning the team and focus more on supporting someone else, you are a disgrace and I don''t care if you''ve been supporting them 40 years, which will be your undoubted response, it''s 40 years too many.

If you bothered to read it,the thread started about about 30 mins in the game,which to all that were viewing was really poor.Pretty relevant post to the way the game was being played at the time.

It wasn''t relevant, its a game of football and it wasnt even the first half over with. Absolutely lathetic. the person that posted it and those that agreed with that post are morons and they should be brought to account for their stupidity.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]From my vantage point at Villa Park, I was disappointed that we were behind at half time as I thought we were largely in control. In the second half we continued in the same vein and while the sending off (deserved ) helped, I thought Villa were poor before that. Yes we missed chances but some of the comments on here are both surprising and disgraceful. Criticised for working the ball left to right and then back again? Retaining possession while making the ten men cover as much ground as possible? Wearing them down, they switched to two banks of four and compacted the game, we still opened them up and got behind them on numerous occasions. A couple of poor decisions and a couple of bad misses cost us. I don''t think it was a surprise that Guzan was given as the MOTM by the match sponsors. We were good today, Hoolahan and Tettey were impressive again. We''ll be just fine. Villa, well, if anyone is going to have a long winter....[/quote]

Thats the game I saw too.

[Y]
[/quote]

Totally agree. Unbelievable one-sided dross spoken elsewhere. Our crossing was poor. Yes. We missed two gilt-edged chances. Yes. We gifted them a goal (it looks worse every time I watch it). Yes. And they were down to 10 men. Yes. But their goalkeeper made some excellent stops and Vlaar had a good game. Hoolahan played well. I thought Tetty did OK and other than the goal Bassong looked solid. I also thought Holt put himself about well. There were a number of positives. The point about ''positives'' or ''negatives'' is how the future looks as a result (i.e. the rest of the season). Quite frankly if we played absolute pants and scraped a goal for the winner I would in some ways be more worried than getting a draw but seeing some things to be optimistic about. But, yes, there''s much to sort out too. A little more balance from some on here is needed I think

[quote user="Steady On..."]It wasn''t relevant, its a game of football and it wasnt even the first half over with. Absolutely lathetic. the person that posted it and those that agreed with that post are morons and they should be brought to account for their stupidity.[/quote]

Of course it was relevant.1-0 down to one of the worst sides i have seen in years.Pure dissappointment,maybe kneejerk,but it wasn''t going to be happy and smiley after the first half.

Hooray,i''m so happy!! My team is losing to a shit team!! Come on City keep playing the same!![:)][:|]

[quote user="Herman "]

Hooray,i''m so happy!! My team is losing to a shit team!! Come on City keep playing the same!![:)][:|]

[/quote]

Maybe that''s what the "match threads" are for. Far be it from me to suggest what and where posters should post but those "match threads" become irrelevant the next day where as this thread seems to be confusing in game opinion with post game analysis[8-|]

Fair point Nutty.I think unique was SO fed up that he needed to go off from the match thread where stuff gets lost quickly.

No we didn''t!He came out with his opinion,some agreed,some didn''t.That''s what a discussion forum is about.

Now how about you stop being an arse and tell us what you thought about the game,especially the first half.