Sign in to follow this  
unique

Appalling

[quote user="Steady On..."]I''ll share my opinions with Norwich fans that are worthy. You and your kind aren''t. Sort your life out[/quote]You really are a one-man "fundamentalist militant" wing of the Happy Clapper brigade."Grr! How dare people be disappointed with our first half performance yesterday!"I suppose if your expectations are so low that a nice day out at the football is reward in itself, you might have found the first half enjoyable.  Those of us who support the team hope for a little more than that.

I''d rather be a militant happy clapper than a representative of the canary-calling, brain-dead old man angry at life in general trying to suck all enjoyment out of everything squad like yourselves.

As a society i''m not sure internet forums do us any good at all now.Some people seem to lead the most miserable, depressing lives when all they can spout is negativity and nonsense.Lighten up, it''s a game of football.

The first-half on Saturday was of such low quality that it was the first time for a very long time that I had felt embarrassed watching Norwich City.

Yes, Norwich were the better side, but it was two sides that wouldn''t have looked out of place in League One.

''Norwich must have the worst midfield in the world. Players couldn''t pass gas!!!''....was one of many comments I read from neutral observers, which, like it or not, doesn''t make pleasant reading. It does matter to a lot of fans how their Club is perceived, otherwise you wouldn''t get posts about MOTD every week!

Take Agbonlahor out of the equation, and the Villa side had the experience of around 150 Premiership games BETWEEN them. They were playing at home, but the atmosphere was non-existent and playing in front of their own fans wasn''t going to be giving them any advantage.

Norwich dismally failed to take advantage of the situation in the first half, when it was clear from early on, that this was a great opportunity to put four points between Norwich and a close rival.

We are nearly a quarter way through the season already, and opportunities like Saturday will not come around too often.

The second half was an improvement, but then most of it was played against ten men of quite clearly the worst team in the Premier League at this moment in time, who showed very little attacking intent.

Like it not, I feel certain the Norwich of last year would have put this Villa team to the sword. The Norwich team of yesterday should have done. If the combined attacking intent of Holt, Morison, Hoolahan, Pilkington, Bennett and Snodgrass can only help to muster one goal past the makeshift defence of a very poor Villa team, then there is a lot of work to be done in the next six months.

Nobody posts on here wanting Norwich to fail, but I reserve the right to post an honest opinion of a first-half of football that, I repeat, I found quite simply embarrassing to watch.

Your opinion Unique, of course it is.

Your view is opposite to the ''experts'' both on Sky and on some of the papers I have read today.

My opinion is that you are wrong, seem a bit of a depressive and your use of the word ''embarrassing'' is an insult to the club.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Your opinion Unique, of course it is. Your view is opposite to the ''experts'' both on Sky and on some of the papers I have read today. My opinion is that you are wrong, seem a bit of a depressive and your use of the word ''embarrassing'' is an insult to the club.[/quote]

I think Colchester 1-7 was the most embarrassing game for me. The win in Munich probably the least. Where would we place yesterday''s first half between those two parameters?

[;)]

I think our friend unique is rather overdoing things for dramatic effect. Who was he embarrassed in front of ? Did he think they somehow held him personally responsible ?

But then he does appear to have quite a downer on the club and the team so who are we to criticise his choice of words - or even his football expertise, as with his well thought out words here, (a few weeks back) about us not being able to afford Rhodes, Ince or CMS

"The longer Norwich go with their forwards firing blanks, the worse it will be watching Blackburn, Blackpool and Brighton, leading the Championship race"

I would add some witty reply about current positions of those clubs but I shall leave that to others. What I will do though is point out the words ''their forwards'' and ask others to ponder why it didn''t say ''our fowards'' or ''the longer we go''

Freudian slip, perhaps ?

How about reading uniques post again! It''s pretty rude to snidely imply that he is a binner because he dares say something negative about city,but from his initial post he was quite right.

We were poor in the first half and were 1-0 down as a result. The passing at times was abysmal and that was frustrating. Until they were down to ten men I really did not see us getting anything out of the game. We appeared disinterested and I was even calling for Hughton on the match-day thread to give the team a motivational talk at half-time. Villa really did us and Hughton a favour by going down to ten men IMO.

City 1st up to his usual tricks again. Busy bandying around allusions to posters being secret Binners. However, i am still awaiting his own justification for his comments that if we dont get to 15 points by the middle of the season then we shouldn''t be in this league..the hallmark of a Binner. Or maybe not. Maybe its just a viewpoint. Just like the viewpoint of unique. Maybe he should reel his neck in and give it a bleedin rest.

"It''s pretty rude to snidely imply that he is a binner because he dares say something negative about city"

Maybe you should read posts - my question was about the use of the words ''their forwards''

I even highlighted those words - as well as the words I thought might have been used (so as to make it that much easier for some) 

Otherss will note that is you that has introduced the word binner into the debate - not me

I wonder why ?

Wow!........steady on and city1st.....you''re a right pair of mucking funkeys!!

Taking off your green-tinted specs, and then trying to imagine that Norwich were playing in blue and white against any Championship side, I wouldn''t mind guessing that you would have seen the standard of football in the first-half, like most intelligent neutral lovers of football.....was of a woeful standard.

THAT is what I was commenting on after 30 minutes on the original post, and subsequently at half-time. It had nothing to do with the final result (disappointing), or the second-half performance (improved, but frustrating).

As most supporters know by now, relegation this season will be the most costly since the Premier League began. There will not be a better opportunity playing away this season to take all three points - not any old three points, but three points against a fellow struggler....and struggle we shall if we lack the firepower to overturn the second worst goal-difference in the division. Poor goal-difference, more often than not, being a good indication of the teams that will end up near the bottom of the league.

What concerns me most is not Norwich''s survival, as their fate sits firmly in their own hands.....no what concerns me most is city1st coming out with the statement:-

"But then he does appear to have quite a downer on the club and the team"

He doesn''t use the terms ''our'' club and ''our'' team....

It would appear that city1st may well be masquerading as a Norwich fan when in all truth he is just a half-witted ''closet binner''. Maybe he isn''t even a binner....maybe hei s just a half-wit....

Who knows?....suffice to say he appears to be a bit of a keyboard stalker who spouts garbage on a regular basis......

....and by the way city1st, once you''ve read this, you''d better re-evaluate your ''meaningless drivel'' of a post ''15 points by xmas'' as you had Norwich down for three points against Aston Villa.........

oh dear, perhaps I hit a raw nerve

though it does seem strange that the same names (are they friends?) keep obsessing about being called a binner when they have not been called as such ... I wonder why (as might others) ?

"as you had Norwich down for three points against Aston Villa........."

er, no what I had was  - "those listed are what I think are the most likely points"  and I qualified it further with "but as last Sat showed points can come from almost anywhere"

So well done for reading my posts, so many others don''t. So many in fact that you may well be in a minority on here. However (there''s always a however) might I suggest, as I did with your ''friend'' above, that you actually read the post, rather than over excite yourself and end up looking silly. Or even worse end up sounding like .... your friend.

ps can you let us all know when ''Blackburn, Blackpool and Brighton are leading the Championship race'' as apparently we are supposed to be watching

Unique''s my friend. City 1st is my friend. Everybody''s my friend. And like all good friends every now and then an arm round the shoulder and a quiet ''stop being such a ''d..k'' is a good thing.

That''s the problem with rattling the stick in the swill bin too loudly, they all come trotting over

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.