Sign in to follow this  
The acolyte

Just got back from the game

A great victory against the mighty arse! They sure were quiet in the second half, thats for damn sure. I have to admit that we played brilliantly in the defense, perhaps these negative MIGHT get us somewhere! Carzola was certainly kept under control which is good news. My only complaints are the fact that the midfield was TERRIBLE off the ball, the arse just had it all the time. Holt should of SMASHED that chance away (you know what i mean) and Morison was...well Morison. OTBC. Hopefully we will going like this but can we score more plzkthxbai.

LOL terrible off the ball ?ok then ........... I would argue to say that the positioning and off ball play was actually one of the main strengths but maybe that was not apparent on the radio.....

They were though. One of my few complaints is that the arse had the ball for too long, we didn''t pressure them down enough. Especially in the first half, the second was better.

Brave man posting on here tonight. If I were you son I''d lay low until we lose again.

Acolyte.

We were playing Arsenal, they were ALWAYS going to have the ball more. We pressured them just enough. They never had enough time or space to do anything wonderful.

Of course the midfield did well, if they weren''t keeping pressure Arsenal we would have lost.

I don''t want to have a go at you, but if you don''t realise that, then i''m afraid you must be lacking an fundamental understanding of football.

[quote user="dpit"]Brave man posting on here tonight.[/quote]Yeah, nothing screams ''brave'' like sitting in your mum''s basement posting anonymously on an internet forum.

The one and only time that tettey or Johnson were caught in the wrong position, hughton gave tettey such an earful, it didn''t happen again.

The midfield were superb off the ball. Wingers who tracked back, holding mids who broke up play time and time again and holt and wes who gave their defence little time on the ball

I''m also just back from the game and I have to say that we were immense to a man. Ignore any of the crap that the pundits come out with on motd, Arsenal were poor because we made them look poor - end of. Bassong motm for me, he is the best defender we''ve had for many years.Big well done to Chris Hughton who got his tactics spot on, well deserved victory for a thouroughly decent man after all the stick he''s been getting in recent weeks.

[quote user="Dusk1983"]Me neither, GP. We never stopped closing down, harrying and denying them space. In short, we strangled them.[/quote]

Precisely, and the commentators remark on my stream that we were "The footballing equivalent of a Boa Constrictor," summed it up perfectly for me.

Hughton''s finest moment at the Carra so far. I am delighted for him. I like him.

I thought the midfield was magnificent tonight. Keeping their sharp throughout the match. We won most of loose balls in midfield.Only hairy moment was when Hoolahan was subbed leaving us no one to play it out to. Johnson was absolutely awesome tonight ! There were a lot of heros tonight - Johnson was my MOM - above Holt & Hoolahan

Wow, just wow. You watched the game when you were there right? The midfield was immense across the board off the ball.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Acolyte.

We were playing Arsenal, they were ALWAYS going to have the ball more. We pressured them just enough. They never had enough time or space to do anything wonderful.

Of course the midfield did well, if they weren''t keeping pressure Arsenal we would have lost.

I don''t want to have a go at you, but if you don''t realise that, then i''m afraid you must be lacking an fundamental understanding of football.[/quote]

What he said.....

Wasn''t there and followed on twitter, but surely to stop then scoring we must have good in the middle of the park. Plus Ginge has a great football eye, not often wrong.

Well done city, lets go and smash Ville!

This thread proves the OP is an arse.  We closed them down so they could not get forward, they had possession but not in areas they could damage us. It was a superb display of how to win a match off the ball.You are an idiot.

Some on here amaze me, why can you just simply accept that people have different views and opinions of matches and if they do that you dont need to slag them off or call them names! 

I too disagree with the OP in this instance, that''s all, simply disagree, have a different opinion, as I thought that tactically we got it 100% correct and one of the main components to our win was the way the midfield worked together, battled and protected the defence and supported going forward when required. I too am of the opinion that this wasnt a poor Arsenal performance, it was simply an exceptional performance by a City side who didnt allow, what is a great footballing team, a chance to settle or play there own game 

Mark, I think that most of the people on here doubt that The Acolyte was at the game or is a Norwich fan. Of course we all have different opinions one way or another but most of his comments (and Mungo Bumpkin''s and Steady On''s) seem designed purely to wind people up.