Sign in to follow this  
Albion fan

Craig Mackail Smith

I think if you read my post again I said to play up front on his own OR with someone with pace and finishing ability ie with two different systems., Mickail-Smith has reasonable pace but is more known for harrying defenders into errors and picking up the pieces. The Manager is making noises about playing 1 up front in some matches but simply hasn''t got the personnel to do it.

Perhaps if you read posts before getting nasty it may help, you obnoxious fool.

And the singing of Bunn is just a total waste of money or do you think having 4 keepers is a great idea??? Rudd and Steer are both good backups and can cover a few games. If one was to go on loan we would still have 2 keepers and could use the emergency loan system. 1.1M for a backup keeper is frankly stupid as we perhaps need the money for a new striker or do people think that the current 4 will do the job, give me strength

Haven´t read every word of this thread so apologies if I´m repeating what´s been said before. Realistically, as it came closer to the closure of the transfer window, and believing that the sqad needs at least one more striker, I hoped we would sign either jordan rhodes or Craig Mackall-Smith. I´ve seen both play - JR is almost invisible but has the knack of scoring goals, CMS is a livewire who never lets defenders rests and scores goals. i would rather have CMS, I believe he is the perfect signing for us &, obviously, I hope we manage to sign him 

[quote user="Trawlerboy"]A poor mans Steve Morison.Please don''t let this happen.

[/quote]
Lmao Have you ever seen him play?
I don''t care if you''re for him or against him but at least have a look on youtube before condemning him. 
Comparing CMS and Morison is like saying a goat is a poor man''s dolphin. It''s ridiculous and makes no sense whatsoever, and betrays the fact that you have not got a clue what kind of player he is, so jump back off the bandwagon and try getting some information, or watching him play before forming opinions.
My god. This is what is so frustrating about this board, I don''t actually care if you''re slating the club/player based on an informed opinion, but when people start spouting ridiculous $hit like this, when they clearly know less than Fcuk all about the player in question, it''s just beyond pathetic.

He has got reasonable pace yes but isn''t express and I am not sure will leave too many people for dead

Finishing ability -

9 Goals in the Championship last year...enough said surely

Chris Martin has got finishing ability, Vaughan has got pace, both are rightly down our pecking order.

We need some real quality up front and in my opinion will probably have to go abroad to get it

[quote user="militantcanary"]I think if you read my post again I said to play up front on his own OR with someone with pace and finishing ability ie with two different systems., Mickail-Smith has reasonable pace but is more known for harrying defenders into errors and picking up the pieces. The Manager is making noises about playing 1 up front in some matches but simply hasn''t got the personnel to do it.

Perhaps if you read posts before getting nasty it may help, you obnoxious fool.

And the singing of Bunn is just a total waste of money or do you think having 4 keepers is a great idea??? Rudd and Steer are both good backups and can cover a few games. If one was to go on loan we would still have 2 keepers and could use the emergency loan system. 1.1M for a backup keeper is frankly stupid as we perhaps need the money for a new striker or do people think that the current 4 will do the job, give me strength[/quote]

I''m not even going to bother replying as clearly you can''t grasp simple concepts. Perhaps if you wrote in a literate manner, people wouldn''t misunderstand your posts, and to be honest, even after your "explanation" I''m none the wiser as to what you were trying to say because it doesn''t make any sense.

"Rudd and Steer are both good backups and can cover a few games. If one was to go on loan we would still have 2 keepers and could use the emergency loan system. 1.1M for a backup keeper is frankly stupid"

This is clearly not Hughton''s or the England goalkeeping coach''s view.

Steer and/or Rudd need to go on loan, to help them develop.

We could not use the emergency loan system if Ruddy suddenly got injured.

1.1 million? Where does that figure come from? I read figures of between 300,000 and "nearer one million", whatever that meant.

Please try to refrain from calling our fellow poster "an obnoxious fool", when he made valid points and that description is worthier of you.

[quote user="militantcanary"]Finishing ability -

9 Goals in the Championship last year...enough said [/quote]
IN A TEAM THAT PLAYED A SYSTEM THAT DOESN''T SUIT HIS GAME. 
This really isn''t difficult. Holt scored 25 goals in 108 games in LEAGUE ONE for Forest. A strike rate barely better than CMS did in the championship last season. You know why? BECAUSE HE WAS PLAYED IN A SYSTEM THAT DOESN''T SUIT HIS GAME.
Seriously, are you capable of logical thought?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Last week Biglia, this week CMS. Says it all. The fact is we are the least ambitious club in the premiership. The club have only themselves to blame if we go down. There''s plenty of good value strikers out there, unfortunately we seem to be playing fair too safe.[/quote]

*far

Yes I have seen him play Kick it Off. He is a very average Championship Striker at best who will add absolutely nothing to what we currently have in the squad. We already have better options than him at the club and there are far better options available elsewhere.  If we do want to spend some money on another striker.Of course, I forgot though, we love to praise people to the hilt who have done relatively little - James Vaughan a recent example - but enjoy knocking players who have scored for us on a fairly consistent basis.You may feel needy for another very average striker at best, I don''t and would much rather go with what we have got if this is the best option on the table.

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]

"Comparing CMS and Morison is like saying a goat is a poor man''s dolphin."

LMAO!

[/quote]Is CMS the goat or the Dolphin? [:^)]

you would rather go with Martin than CMS? What a joke!!!! You obviously havent seen either of them lately!!!

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="militantcanary"]Finishing ability - 9 Goals in the Championship last year...enough said [/quote]

IN A TEAM THAT PLAYED A SYSTEM THAT DOESN''T SUIT HIS GAME. 

This really isn''t difficult. Holt scored 25 goals in 108 games in LEAGUE ONE for Forest. A strike rate barely better than CMS did in the championship last season. You know why? BECAUSE HE WAS PLAYED IN A SYSTEM THAT DOESN''T SUIT HIS GAME.

Seriously, are you capable of logical thought?

[/quote]

oh look who''s back!!!.........what a complete tool you really are, how do you know that nobody else in the whole world other than seemingly YOU has seen Mackail-Smith play and are therefore capable of forming there own opinions of him.....even if they dare differ from your own?!?!?

"This really isn''t difficult. Holt scored 25 goals in 108 games in LEAGUE ONE for Forest. A strike rate barely better than CMS did in the championship last season. You know why? BECAUSE HE WAS PLAYED IN A SYSTEM THAT DOESN''T SUIT HIS GAME."

Precisely, Holt was played as a winger by Calderwood. Which would have made him a poor man''s Cody.

Hughton may well have seen that he can get more out of CMS than Brighton have so far done, or that he could have got out of Vaughan.

Hughton at least seems capable of reasoned thought, so I''m willing to trust him on this one. Better than delusionally thinking he is missing a trick by not signing some sh1t-hot Brazilian international on impossible wages.

What frustrates me is when people keep saying "We need a quality striker", "He isn''t good enough", "No ambition" etc, but then when asked cannot name one of these strikers. The fact is there are very few available - unless we took a big gamble abroad - it''s nothing to do with ambition.

Ok

I will make it simple

There are two main alternatives open either 442 or one with a diamond formation and he won''t fit into either and hasn''t the pedigree or ability to make a difference

Is that ok for you now?

This is a dreadful prospective signing and you are a dreadful poster, you have a problem engaging with other posters in a rational manner as I see from other replies. You frankly need to behave in a less obnoxious manner or keep off this Board

[quote user="Excited Canary"]What frustrates me is when people keep saying "We need a quality striker", "He isn''t good enough", "No ambition" etc, but then when asked cannot name one of these strikers. The fact is there are very few available - unless we took a big gamble abroad - it''s nothing to do with ambition.[/quote]

Spot on. You ask them for a name and they say nothing!

All people want is a ''proven, pacy striker''. But cannot provide names.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Last week Biglia, this week CMS. Says it all. The fact is we are the least ambitious club in the premiership. The club have only themselves to blame if we go down. There''s plenty of good value strikers out there, unfortunately we seem to be playing fair too safe.[/quote]

Names?

Didn''t think so...

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

oh look who''s back!!!.........what a complete tool you really are, how do you know that nobody else in the whole world other than seemingly YOU has seen Mackail-Smith play and are therefore capable of forming there own opinions of him.....even if they dare differ from your own?!?!?

[/quote]
I''m not saying that, but I have seen him play a number of times, and I''m merely pointing out where people are making idiotic statement based on nothing except a quick look at the goals tally from last year. People are welcome to differing opinions to my own if they''re informed, I have no issue with that, I just take exception to absolute nonsense when people have formed moronic opinions that have no grounding in reality, something you would know all about.
As for me being a "complete tool", well if that''s the name you want to give someone capable of reasoned thought and logic, then that''s your prerogative - there''s a few of us "complete tools" on here. I''m not really fussed whatever name you choose to select though, as I am more interested in what those with an IQ above single digits think.

[quote user="militantcanary"]Ok I will make it simple There are two main alternatives open either 442 or one with a diamond formation and he won''t fit into either and hasn''t the pedigree or ability to make a difference Is that ok for you now? This is a dreadful prospective signing and you are a dreadful poster, you have a problem engaging with other posters in a rational manner as I see from other replies. You frankly need to behave in a less obnoxious manner or keep off this Board[/quote]

think we''ve all got the drift we''ve "kick it off"....anyone that differs in opinion (whichever way the wind happens to be blowing), would appear to be incapable of rational thought/stupid/thick *delete as applicable and anything of that ilk..........card well and truly marked.

"This is a dreadful prospective signing and you are a dreadful poster, you have a problem engaging with other posters in a rational manner as I see from other replies. You frankly need to behave in a less obnoxious manner or keep off this Board."

Actually, I find that Kick it off has talked nothing but complete sense on this thread.

Just sign the floosie up, I can''t remember the last time we had a double-barrel on the books. I just hope he doesn''t count as two towards the twenty five.

1.1 M source - Transfer Markt

Its clearly not £300,000 as we would not have made 3 bids.

I think if re read his reply to my original post, he questioned maths, logic and understanding of the world so clearly "obnoxious" was quite mild.

So my view is not Hughton''s so what, its bizarre and very very odd and most people would agree once the blinkers are removed.

Time will tell

I would be very surprised if CMS is the 1 main transfer target we are after, if in fact we are after him. just because SSN reports it, doesnt make it true. If we are after him, and if we did buy him, he would undoubtedly improve our forward line, if only by chasing lost causes and unsettling the oppositions defence, which is a big improovement on Martin and morison.

There have been so many rumours and names mentioned that no one really knows whats true or not so why do people get so worked up about it. I desperately want us to sign a proven big name but it isnt going to happen. I love NCFC but people have to realise that to most top players we are not a big attraction, Im sure we will be putting in numerous calls and i have faith that hughton will do all he can to get the right players in, but we are only going to be able to sign players that see us as a step up, top players will not step down to play for us.

I cant wait until 11pm tomorrow when the window closes, hopefully we would have signed 1-2 top players but if not, im sure it isnt for the wnt of trying

[quote user="militantcanary"]Ok

I will make it simple

There are two main alternatives open either 442 or one with a diamond formation and he won''t fit into either and hasn''t the pedigree or ability to make a difference

Is that ok for you now?

This is a dreadful prospective signing and you are a dreadful poster, you have a problem engaging with other posters in a rational manner as I see from other replies. You frankly need to behave in a less obnoxious manner or keep off this Board[/quote]
Oh right, well that''s funny because 442 is the formation/role he excelled in previously. You have no idea if he has the ability, just as I don''t, because he hasn''t played at this level before, and he hasn''t played in a situation he is comfortable with in the Championship. I''m not saying he will be amazing for us, it''s impossible to know, just as it is impossible to say he is a terrible signing.
No, I engage morons in an obnoxious manner, I engage perfectly reasonably with those who are even slightly competent. You fall into the former category.
Thanks for trying to tell me what to do, but I''m perfectly capable of deciding my own course of action, and if I were to take direction on how to live my life, then it certainly wouldn''t be from someone who lacks basic literacy skills. If you are intent on playing that game though, you frankly need to actually be capable of having a thought process or keep off this board.
Well done for condemning a prospective signing before he''s even kicked a ball for us, really sensible, rational logic in that, particularly when you don''t seem to know anything about him.

Ok

On loan - Park or Guidetti would be acceptable

Permanents -Ameobi, Emnes or even Owen

Abroad is more difficult but how about Ollic possibly available from Bayern Munich, the two young strikers from Caen and the Norwegian we have been linked with?