-------------howson-------sdondgrass---------

----------------------holt-----------------------

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

---------------------ruddy---------------------

martin-----barnett---------bassong------garrido

-----bennett---------tettey----------pilkington--

-------------howson-------sdondgrass---------

----------------------holt-----------------------

[/quote]I''d expect more of a 4-2-3-1 with Howson deeper alongside Tettey and Bennett, Snodgrass and Pilkington forming a hopefully fluid 3.

Ruddy

Martin   Barnett  Bassong  Garrido

Fox   Tettey

Bennett      Snodgrass       Pilkington

Morison

Would be my pick if all fit;   suspect Howson to be at the back with Fox and Holt to start up front instead of Morison.

It is a team that could win - if the attitude is right

Is Bennett fit?

Assuming he''s not I''d go:

Ruddy

R. Martin      Barnett       Bassong        Garrido

Howson      Johnson

Snodgrass            Hoolahan              Pilkington

Holt(C)

Rudd, R. Bennett, Tierney, Tettey, Surman, Morison, Jackson

I think that Johnson''s strength and left foot will be a valuable assets, particularly against teams that play five in the middle and would expect him to start regularly as long as he keeps his form. I have not seen Tettey play, however, so he might fulfil the former function.

Forgot Foxy was fit!

Try and fit him, Butterfield, Bennett, Whittaker, Kane and Turner into that and it shows you just what a good job Houghton and the board have done this summer. Good options everywhere.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I''d go:                               RuddyR. Martin      Barnett       Bassong        Garrido                    Howson      JohnsonSnodgrass            Hoolahan              Pilkington                               Holt(C) Rudd, R. Bennett, Tierney, Tettey, Surman, Morison, Jackson[/quote]Spot on, although I''d rather have CM on the bench than Jackson tbh.

I think Tettey will start. 

Ruddy

Martin Barnett Bassong Garrido

Howson Tettey

Bennett  Snodgrass Pilkington

Jackson

You need your pacier players out there to give  the opposition something to think about.  Holt to come on and score the winner. 

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I''d go:                               RuddyR. Martin      Barnett       Bassong        Garrido                    Howson      JohnsonSnodgrass            Hoolahan              Pilkington                               Holt(C) Rudd, R. Bennett, Tierney, Tettey, Surman, Morison, Jackson[/quote]Spot on, although I''d rather have CM on the bench than Jackson tbh.[/quote]And I''d forgotten about Turner who might handle Adebayor better than Barnett, but would take R.Bennett''s place on the bench tbh.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Is Bennett fit?

Assuming he''s not I''d go:

Ruddy

R. Martin      Barnett       Bassong        Garrido

Howson      Johnson

Snodgrass            Hoolahan              Pilkington

Holt(C)

Rudd, R. Bennett, Tierney, Tettey, Surman, Morison, Jackson

[/quote]
Yep that''d be my pick too. Only thing I''d consider is Tettey for Johnson, mainly because I''m interested to see what he''s like lol

Tettey has been brought in for that role and I cant see him not starting;   fox ahead of Johnson all last season and howson is better going forward rather than sitting back.

if Fox not yet match then howson alongside Tettey; if bennett not fit I would have a 3 of snod, howson & pilkington,  if bennett & fox not ready then lets see howson in the middle and johnson deep.  

I''d put young Ryan on the bench as he can cover CB and RB if needed as Whittaker and Elliott Bennett are unavailable.

It''s nice to be talking about on the pitch stuff again rather than the bloody transfer window!

Come on City!

[quote user="baldyboy"]Indy you would rather have Martin on the bench than a guy who SCORED last week? Jeez man!![/quote]Yep, because I honestly think that any half decent player would have scored the header that Jackson did (and that includes CM), but I think CM is a bigger threat in regards to shooting and is better technically even if he doesn''t run as much as Jackson does.

i suspect we will adopt the fashionable 4231 formation

--------ruddy-------------

martin barnett bassong garrido

------johnson---tettey--------------

snodgrass howson pilkington

------------holt------------------

Although I am not a great lover of Simeon Jackson''s game the one big asset he has is pace. Against a team that has a manager who insists on playing a ''high line'' pace is needed to exploit the space behind that ''high line'' and for that reason, perhaps more than against any other team, I feel Jackson could be an important player today.

I would like to see the same team as last week, but I don''t think we will. I bet it''s just Holt upfront and Tettey comes in to make it 5 in midfield.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="baldyboy"]Indy you would rather have Martin on the bench than a guy who SCORED last week? Jeez man!![/quote]
Yep, because I honestly think that any half decent player would have scored the header that Jackson did (and that includes CM), but I think CM is a bigger threat in regards to shooting and is better technically even if he doesn''t run as much as Jackson does.
[/quote]

Did you see Martin play Tuesday, He couldn''t handle the Lg1 Scunney he is Lg 1 at best and thats on a Sunny day 

We beat Spurs by pressing their defence and West Brom, when they finally went onto the front foot, got back into the game.

I expect us to bypass the centre of the pitch with long balls to a pressing front three from two deep midfielders bolstering the defence.

Spurs like their wing back play and this would counter that.

As for one up front, if away from home and against top sides at home this means not always having to come from a goal down then fine. I always believe 0-0 is a good half time score for Norwich City as we do best when building into a match.

It is interesting that Leon is a pick in most selections - prior to last week most wanted shot of him! Is this ''needs must'' or because we now think he has had a new lease of life under CH...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="baldyboy"]Indy you would rather have Martin on the bench than a guy who SCORED last week? Jeez man!![/quote]Yep, because I honestly think that any half decent player would have scored the header that Jackson did (and that includes CM), but I think CM is a bigger threat in regards to shooting and is better technically even if he doesn''t run as much as Jackson does.[/quote]i''ve always found this topic of ''certain headers being a formality'' to be a dubious argument. Jackson put himself in the right position and needed a few strides of his pace to beat his man to the line. you get more than your fair share of whinging in on Jackson, i''m calling bullsh*t this time.

It is interesting that Leon is a pick in most selections - prior to last week most wanted shot of him! Is this ''needs must'' or because we now think he has had a new lease of life under CH

I sawa the signs of a partnership Branston and for me thatis the most important thing - I thought Leon did well, better than Turner and Bennett in their games so let the partnership develop with Bassong as I think most of the centrebacks beyond bassong are pretty similar.

My changes in the middle are based on hoping tettey is better defensively - we need less BJ and more dembele - fingers crossed thats what tettey can bring!!

[quote user="cloak"]you get more than your fair share of whinging in on Jackson, i''m calling bullsh*t this time.[/quote]Not sure how you can call BS on someone''s opinion, you might not agree with it, but it doesn''t make it BS.Even after today''s game I stand by my statement, Jackson is all running but very little end product, today when in a great position to break and have a crack he couldn''t make his mind up and they were able to deal easily with what should have been at least a shot on target, Holt wouldn''t have been in two minds, Moro wouldn''t and neither would CM, at least they''re confident enough to have a crack instead of dithering when a chance comes around...