Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Nicklas Bendtner?

Opened emails this morning with a friend from the capital emailed me, wishing City the best for the season but also to say that a rumour started yesterday that Hughton as enquired about Bendtner on loan with a view to permenant signing.

I''m not sure if this is a wind up, but no secret he wants away from Arsenal and no one come in for him yet!

Personally I wouldn''t go for him, but on loan for 6 month''s to prove himself might be worth a go.

We shall see.

Personally (and I know i''ll get slaughtered for this!) I have always thought he has some serious potential. He has all the attributes to be a top number 9 in my opinion and just needs to play regularly and for a side that plays to his strengths.

I feel he is just at the wrong club in Arsenal - who is the last "typical number 9" that has done well there? I think a move would be great for him just cant see him coming here as wages are a huge issue. Isnt he on £60k a week? Also - there have been question marks over his attitude for a while.

Its interesting but it would be a gamble.

If this is true then its a big signing...the lad is quality but just need a fresh start. He''s simply been a scapegoat/fans and red tops target of abuse for too long and it''s stuck.

I have to admit though, I''d be surprised if he did come here as wages along with a desire to play international cups means he''ll probably go abroad. I bet its one of the big clubs too.

I have my doubts but hey, no reason for Rob to email this if not true, so might well be doing the rounds in London.

Like I said I''m not too bothered as I think he''s not that good, never really set anywhere alight.

I''m not sure a big club abroad would want Bendtner, I do see him as Crouch when we signed hom on loan back in 2003! at a cross raods and needing to kick start his football again!

Like I said time will tell but not one that would excite me as much as some have said!

Wages are the thing for me too, I''m not sure what he''s on but 60K would be too much, Arsenal have a wage structure! I bet Garrido is on a good whack from Lazio!

First impressions are that Bendtner''s ego will see him shy away from any offer coming from us.

He is ambitious and does talk himself up-didn''t he say, not so long ago, that he wanted to be the "best player in the world"? Its good to see someone with such self belief and confidence, but it is a bit of burden if you don''t go about demonstrating it-though he hardly had a chance at Arsenal and might have seen Sunderland for what it was, a stop gap and adopted accordingly.

If he was to come here and see it as a real chance to put himself in the old shop window for January and show the world how good he can be for 5 months or so, then we could have enough points in the bag to be almost safe by then as, between tomorrow and the end of January, 15 plus goals should be possible in the Prem for any good striker. As has been said, a''la Crouch, he''s good for us, we''re good for him. It would be encouraging if he was to see it that way, rather than look down his nose at us.

So it sort of makes sense-until you get to that sticky subject of wages. And then, unless Arsenal are prepared to pay about 80% of them-I don''t see it happening. A shame because, in all other aspects, it does make sense-to them, to us, the player and to his future club.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

First impressions are that Bendtner''s ego will see him shy away from any offer coming from us.

He is ambitious and does talk himself up-didn''t he say, not so long ago, that he wanted to be the "best player in the world"? Its good to see someone with such self belief and confidence, but it is a bit of burden if you don''t go about demonstrating it-though he hardly had a chance at Arsenal and might have seen Sunderland for what it was, a stop gap and adopted accordingly.

If he was to come here and see it as a real chance to put himself in the old shop window for January and show the world how good he can be for 5 months or so, then we could have enough points in the bag to be almost safe by then as, between tomorrow and the end of January, 15 plus goals should be possible in the Prem for any good striker. As has been said, a''la Crouch, he''s good for us, we''re good for him. It would be encouraging if he was to see it that way, rather than look down his nose at us.

So it sort of makes sense-until you get to that sticky subject of wages. And then, unless Arsenal are prepared to pay about 80% of them-I don''t see it happening. A shame because, in all other aspects, it does make sense-to them, to us, the player and to his future club.

[/quote]

Agree with you on those points Shuck,

Wouldn''t expect him to want to come to unfashionable Norwich, unless he see''s it as a opportunity to put himself in the shop window, and the wages would be the biggest issue.

His best season at Arsenal was 08/09 with 15 goals followed by 9 in 09/10 and 8 last year for Sunderland, so he can still bang them in.

Think we''ve sorted defence and midfield, just need another man up front. Would like to see him here, but don''t think it will happen. 

But you never know...

I actually quite like Bendtner, both has the ability and effort to make it in this league if played in the right way. Not sure we could fit him upfront with Holt or Morison though, and his wages would probably be a stumbling block

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote].........totally a giant ego. he is also on more than 50K at arsenal and believes he is gods gift to football so will only look to join "top" clubs. in other words, no thanks, he would destroy the cameradrie in the dressing room.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]...I seem to remember BethnalY&G knows him...maybe he can put the record straight?[/quote]

I do know him from when I briefly worked at Arsenal, but haven''t spoken to him in quite a while. He told a Dannish paper he has three priorities when it comes to moving to a new club;

1: Champions League

2: Easy access to London so he can regulary see his son who lives with Nick''s ex-girlfriend there.

3: Regular football

I guess Norwich can provide 2 out of those 3. He claimed money isn''t an issue and that he has earnt a lot at Arsenal but it has never made him happy - this doesn''t sound like the guy I use to know, but maybe he''s finally growing up a bit.

I would welcome him to Norwich as he has proven himself a good goalscorer in the Premier Leauge and Hughton has a good track recorded with troubled players who need an arm round them and a bit of special attention (Barton, Carroll and Zigic).

Agree, i think he''d be a good signing on 6 monhts/ a year''s loan with an option to buy.

Whether he would agree to that is another matter.