Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

So its allabout a 3 year contract

Holts agent on radio snorefolk almost tearfully explaining why Grant wants away, that Nasty Mr Mcnally wouldn`t give him a 3 year contract and then called him names!  Mr Mcnally strangly wanted to deal with the contracts of players that were nearing the end of theirs before speaking to big boots, no wonder he was so upset. Grow up Grant!

[quote user="Smokebomb"]Holts agent on radio snorefolk almost tearfully explaining why Grant wants away, that Nasty Mr Mcnally wouldn`t give him a 3 year contract and then called him names!  Mr Mcnally strangly wanted to deal with the contracts of players that were nearing the end of theirs before speaking to big boots, no wonder he was so upset. Grow up Grant!
[/quote]

Just post thoughts on a new thread at the same time.

This is ridiculous really isn''t it.  Absolutly seething about this.  What a bellend, both of them...

i dont care about Holt.. 1 season in the sun for an old man who probably wont cut it anywhere else....blew your big chance Holty...

[quote user="cityislife"]Im sorry but Grant will never ever be an idle after this..... He will never be Darren Huckerby.
[/quote]

Holt''s not fit to polish Hux''s boots...

And to think we thought we didn''t have any primadonna''s at NCFC [:$]

[quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="cityislife"]Im sorry but Grant will never ever be an idle after this..... He will never be Darren Huckerby.[/quote]

[/quote]

It`s all very sad, and to think his agent thought he was defending Holt`s position, what a tosser, if he has any other pro`s on his books they would be well advised to get shot of him! I fear that Holty has been lead astray by a Cretin! 

Throwing his toys about is a bit feeble, this agent is probably to blame for the whole thing: should have any clauses embedded in a contract. I imagine Holt would want both a third year and improved terms, something we perhaps can''t commit to right now. Surely that is reasonably fair...but to start throwing toys around again right now when we are in ''looking-for-new-manager'' mode really is making the pair look like a couple of grade one a-holes: iMO very few will sympathise however much they feel they are ''right''.

[quote user="Smokebomb"][quote user="jed exodous"]

[quote user="cityislife"]Im sorry but Grant will never ever be an idle after this..... He will never be Darren Huckerby.[/quote]

[/quote]

agreed.. I dont mean this in a detrimental way but Holty doesnt seem the sharpest tool in the box and i wonder if he has been let down badly by his agent here.

It`s all very sad, and to think his agent thought he was defending Holt`s position, what a tosser, if he has any other pro`s on his books they would be well advised to get shot of him! I fear that Holty has been lead astray by a Cretin!  [/quote]

Holt has discovered the club is bigger than him.  Is he really that stupid to think it''s any other way?  Let''s have intelligent players.  Oh, and no Tories.Onwards and upwards.

Wow. This all seems ridiculous doesn''t it. I don''t think either party have handle this particularly well.

I do think it''s a little unreasonable of Holt''s party to expect the Club to commit to, what is for us, a very high paying contract for a player that will in all likelihood be well passed his best by the time it ends. Not to mention the fact that we may well find ourselves back in the Championship by that time.

Surely there could have been some middle ground here though. Sign a new 2 year deal with a couple of K a week increase, and a better appearance and goal bonus, with the option of another year if he''s still producing the goods. It surely didn''t have to go down like this did it?

[quote user="way out west"] Let''s have intelligent players.  Oh, and no Tories.Onwards and upwards.[/quote]
You just moved on to my personal shortlist for the managerial vacancy.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Wow. This all seems ridiculous doesn''t it. I don''t think either party have handle this particularly well.

I do think it''s a little unreasonable of Holt''s party to expect the Club to commit to, what is for us, a very high paying contract for a player that will in all likelihood be well passed his best by the time it ends. Not to mention the fact that we may well find ourselves back in the Championship by that time.

Surely there could have been some middle ground here though. Sign a new 2 year deal with a couple of K a week increase, and a better appearance and goal bonus, with the option of another year if he''s still producing the goods. It surely didn''t have to go down like this did it?

[/quote]

I dont think Mcnally is one for massaging ego`s, it seems to me he has established a culture in the club where players are respected but also know their place, good on him as far as I`m concerned, it couldn`t be better!

Remember how gracefully Iwan took not being given the extra year?  Another true NCFC hero who stuck by us during some very tough times and then when the glory days came and he was shown the door, he dealt with it like a man...

Football changes so quickly... :sigh:

Grant Holt will be just turned 33 when his current deal expires. Just turned 34 with a year extension.

Considering Drogba is 34, Henry 35, Shearer retired at 35, Kevin Davies is 35 and signed a year extension.

If this really is over a single year extension then McNally is being extremely short sighted.

I''m with you CJF. If he stays fit he will be an asset at 34. Just ask Iwan! But that extra year means a lot to him at this time.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Grant Holt will be just turned 33 when his current deal expires. Just turned 34 with a year extension.

Considering Drogba is 34, Henry 35, Shearer retired at 35, Kevin Davies is 35 and signed a year extension.

If this really is over a single year extension then McNally is being extremely short sighted.[/quote]

I think it`s more about an attitude problem and I dont mean Mcnally`s.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m with you CJF. If he stays fit he will be an asset at 34. Just ask Iwan! But that extra year means a lot to him at this time.[/quote]But thats if he stays fit, for another 3 years though!Its a gamble and I think McNally did the right thing, specially seeing as he still has 2 years left on his current contract anyway.One good season in the Prem has gone to Grant''s head and started £ signs flashing in his agents eyes!

If Holty had been a shrinking violet he would never have been the player he is.I won''t turn my back on him after everything he''s done for NCFC.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m with you CJF. If he stays fit he will be an asset at 34. Just ask Iwan! But that extra year means a lot to him at this time.[/quote]

He has been something of a late bloomer as well. His fitness levels seem to be improving with each year. He definitely has the fire and drive. Also he would be 33 for all but 2 months of that final extra year.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]If Holty had been a shrinking violet he would never have been the player he is.I won''t turn my back on him after everything he''s done for NCFC.[/quote]
He''s already turned his back on you and all of us.

The way I see it the guy is looking after his future whilst his stock is high. I''m more than happy to have that future sewn up with us. The last three years gets him a lot of good will from me. I find it incredible that he''s getting so much stick for something off the pitch! have a look at his record. It''s phenomenal. Better than Ron Davies.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The way I see it the guy is looking after his future whilst his stock is high. I''m more than happy to have that future sewn up with us. The last three years gets him a lot of good will from me. I find it incredible that he''s getting so much stick for something off the pitch! have a look at his record. It''s phenomenal. Better than Ron Davies.

[/quote]Yes I agree, mostly.But can we afford to have a player maybe in his final crocked off, more often than not? Yes I know none of us can predict the future, but the older a player gets the more likely this could happen.If it was YOUR money would you give him another year?Oh and you can be safe in the knowledge he wanted more money too.

[/quote]

This whole situation really isn''t sitting well with me. Both parties are being stubborn. Surely there can be compromise here and the situation can be salvaged?

[/quote]

It takes some doing for such a hero to turn some fans against him doesnt it, his agent needs to take a look at himself. It will all be forgotten when he runs out at the beginning of next season, as long as it`s in yellow and green!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Yes I agree, mostly.But can we afford to have a player maybe in his final crocked off, more often than not? Yes I know none of us can predict the future, but the older a player gets the more likely this could happen.If it was YOUR money would you give him another year?Oh and you can be safe in the knowledge he wanted more money too.[/quote]

Very sensible, some on here thinks oh it''s just another yr give it to him, get it could be the undoing of us financially, sure £1,760,000 over the next 2 yrs is enough for anyone, unless you are greedy ummmmmmmmmmm

This whole situation would never arise if it wasn''t for Bloody agents . Parasites the lot of em .

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Grant Holt will be just turned 33 when his current deal expires. Just turned 34 with a year extension.

If this really is over a single year extension then McNally is being extremely short sighted.[/quote]

Mmm no. He''s not being short sighted at all, far from it infact, he''s being incredibly long sighted. He quite rightly doesn''t want the club to get stuck with a 34 year old, costing us close to a million a year, with fading fitness, who is no longer banging in the goals in a Norwich team that could potentially be plying it''s trade back in the Championship.

If Holt is still banging them in in 2 years time and his fitness is still there, there is no problem sitting down with him and signing a year extension is there?

The way Holt and his agent have gone about this has been very poor to say the least...