Sign in to follow this  
thenorthstand

Talk Sport reporter: Villa Approach for Lambert

Just seen one of the Talk Sport presenters/reporters on Twitter saying that Villa have made an approach for Lambert, but he''s not sure if they''ve been granted permission to talk to him...

Doesn''t really matter whether we grant permission or not. It''s all down to whether he wants to go or not. If he wants to go he''ll go.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Doesn''t really matter whether we grant permission or not. It''s all down to whether he wants to go or not. If he wants to go he''ll go.[/quote]

I agree, jus'' quoting. I think it matters in that we can offer Lambert a better deal/bigger budget, but as you say if he wants it he''ll take it...

Just show him the ''93 Bayern Munich Vs Norwich game and say "That''s what where we''re aiming.".

Spot on. Ultimately Colchester said no. He resigned anyway and left to manage us. What can you do in that kind of situation. You live by the sword you die by it as well. But I haven''t given up hope yet. I think he might stay!

[quote user="Jacko"]Spot on. Ultimately Colchester said no. He resigned anyway and left to manage us. What can you do in that kind of situation. You live by the sword you die by it as well. But I haven''t given up hope yet. I think he might stay![/quote]

That wasn''t quite it. Colchester gave Norwich permission to talk to Lambert. Which was tantamount to accepting Lambert was going to become the Norwich manager. But Colchester said they wouldn''t let him (and Culverhouse and Karsa) go until compensation had been agreed. We offered peanuts, as the tribunal verdict showed. Colchester, quite rightly, refused to let the three go until we had made a sensible offer. But the three jumped ship without waiting for that. It wasn''t that Colchester were refusing to let Lambert go full stop. They had effectively acknowledged he was going. They were just refusing to let him go without adequate compensation.

[quote user="Jacko"]Spot on. Ultimately Colchester said no. He resigned anyway and left to manage us. What can you do in that kind of situation. You live by the sword you die by it as well. But I haven''t given up hope yet. I think he might stay![/quote]

That wasn''t quite it. Colchester gave Norwich permission to talk to Lambert. Which was tantamount to accepting Lambert was going to become the Norwich manager. But Colchester said they wouldn''t let him (and Culverhouse and Karsa) go until compensation had been agreed. We offered peanuts, as the tribunal verdict showed. Colchester, quite rightly, refused to let the three go until we had made a sensible offer. But the three jumped ship without waiting for that. It wasn''t that Colchester were refusing to let Lambert go full stop. They had effectively acknowledged he was going. They were just refusing to let him go without adequate compensation.

[quote user="London Canary"]K LO is spot on, them days will be returning to Carrow Road![/quote]Don''t let anyone accuse me of having "Little Ole Club" syndrome !!

Oops, and please forgive my "where" "we''re" mix up as I normally chastise those others that do !

I suspect McNally was approached yesterday for permission to talk to him which is why he has come out today saying he will fight tooth and nail to keep him and probably why Lambert was a bit non-committal last night.

McNally could hardly say ''yes'' to Villa without being tarred as the villain who let him go without a fight. He would be slaughtered, especially if PL''s replacement bombs next season.The CR propaganda machine will be in over-drive over this... so don''t expect any honesty or clarity on the matter any time soon.

Randy Lerner:  "Hi, Paul.  We''d like you to be our new boss."

Paul Lambert: "And what''s in it for me?"Randy Lerner:  "£30k a week and £50 million for players."Paul Lambert: "David?  In here a minute please."McNasty: "You''ve got to be f**king kidding me, son.  Remember Burnley two years ago?  You can have £20k a week and £30 million for players."Paul Lambert: "Um... let me think about it...."McNasty: "Oh for f**king f**k''s sake, £27.5k a week and £35 million for players."Paul Lambert: "Randy?  Hi, yeah.  Look, I think I''ll stay. Yeah.  It''s not you, it''s me.  Cheers."

My only source of comfort at the moment is that everyone had Harry Rednap odds on to be England boss and it turned out to be Hodgeson.

Hopefully they players and the club are begging Lambert not to do a "Mike Walker"...stay where you are treated as a king Paul !!

[quote user="Nr Yarmouth Yella"]

My only source of comfort at the moment is that everyone had Harry Rednap odds on to be England boss and it turned out to be Hodgeson.

Hopefully they players and the club are begging Lambert not to do a "Mike Walker"...stay where you are treated as a king Paul !!

[/quote]Not that I want to burst that bubble, but Roberto Martinez is odds-on, Lambert is 2nd favourite.

Martinez has just been asked about the Villa job and his response wasn''t to far off what Lamberts was.

We can only hope that Lambert''s obvious affection for his old mentor Martin o''neill will help us out here as im sure Villa board told o''neill he would have x amount of funds available each season to improve squad and push for top 6 but then back tracked hence why he eventually left... i bet they wished they had given him a few more million now though!!

I suspect McNally knows Lambert''s been tapped up and Villa have now gone through the official channels. You don''t sack a manager without a fair idea of who you want to replace him with.

There is no point in the club refusing permission for Lambert to speak to Villa, because Lambert would just resign anyway. The best hope is that, like Martinez last year, is that he talks to them and declines, but I fear Lambert''s mind was made up at least two weeks ago when I bet Villa made advances.

Ultimately all Norwich can do is offer Lambert more money and a bigger transfer kitty, but if he wants to go, let him go. He has earn the right even though it may be the wrong decision for him.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Randy Lerner:  "Hi, Paul.  We''d like you to be our new boss."
Paul Lambert: "And what''s in it for me?"
Randy Lerner:  "£30k a week and £50 million for players."
Paul Lambert: "David?  In here a minute please."
McNasty: "You''ve got to be f**king kidding me, son.  Remember Burnley two years ago?  You can have £20k a week and £30 million for players."
Paul Lambert: "Um... let me think about it...."
McNasty: "Oh for f**king f**k''s sake, £27.5k a week and £35 million for players."
Paul Lambert: "Randy?  Hi, yeah.  Look, I think I''ll stay. Yeah.  It''s not you, it''s me.  Cheers."

[/quote]

lmfao

They can approach, and McNally will reject..just like Burnley