Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

What positives?

I challenge all the 100% optimists on here to give us some positives to take from this home game...I''m sorry...I couldn''t find any...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I challenge all the 100% optimists on here to give us some positives to take from this home game...I''m sorry...I couldn''t find any...[/quote]We are in 14th place in the premier league.Three years ago we were being relegated to league 1.We are safe (Not mathematically, but we may as well be.On todays game? Well Im not a 100% optimist, we were dire. Thought Naughton had a good game, that was about it.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I challenge all the 100% optimists on here to give us some positives to take from this home game...I''m sorry...I couldn''t find any...
[/quote]

There are none, didn''t compete, could have been 6 or 7. Embarrassing.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We were playing in a Premiership game.

Grant Holt.[/quote]Did you go and watch City in the late eighties..nineties.we were a top tier side for years and years. Wtf! I and most of the City fans wanna stay here and we''re not staying up next season with this team I am very sorry to say...

[quote user="jermy118"]Elliot Ward won''t be wearing the Captains armband again ...[/quote]It would have been more positive if you had said Elliot Ward won''t be wearing a City shirt again

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="jermy118"]Elliot Ward won''t be wearing the Captains armband again ...[/quote]It would have been more positive if you had said Elliot Ward won''t be wearing a City shirt again[/quote]completely agree

the main positive that we is still +16 GD from Bolton that make me little bit more relaxed but this days we simply look like league one team...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"][quote user="Gingerpele"]We were playing in a Premiership game.

Grant Holt.[/quote]Did you go and watch City in the late eighties..nineties.we were a top tier side for years and years. Wtf! I and most of the City fans wanna stay here and we''re not staying up next season with this team I am very sorry to say...[/quote]

Was quite hard for me to make it in the 80s and early 90s, due to me not being born until 1992...

And why after two games, are this team suddenly not good enough? Every team has poor patches, why do you think Man.C looked like losing the title, now Man.U look like they could give it back? Why are Liverpool in their position? Why have Spurs fallen from a title race to a place unlikely to get CL football? BBurn went from looking almost safe, to right back in it. Villa went from mid table to right in a the relegation battle.

Every team has poor patches. This team has gained 43 points this season, and there is no reason why they can''t do the same next season.

that says enough then... I saw Goss scoring in Munich and City in the semi-finals of the FA Cup... I want our club to be a settled first tier team again and it doesn''t look like that''s going to happen at the moment

[quote user="Gingerpele"]And why after two games, are this team suddenly not good enough? Every team has poor patches, why do you think Man.C looked like losing the title, now Man.U look like they could give it back? Why are Liverpool in their position? Why have Spurs fallen from a title race to a place unlikely to get CL football? BBurn went from looking almost safe, to right back in it. Villa went from mid table to right in a the relegation battle.

Every team has poor patches. This team has gained 43 points this season, and there is no reason why they can''t do the same next season.[/quote]I saw enough reasons today and last week

So before the last three games, or when we were 9th. Did you think we were going to be an established top half team?

How on earth can you base your opinion on a whole season, based on two games?

Blip. Its a bloody blip. For goodness sake, why do people have to overreact so much? We have 43 points, we should have been relegated. The players we have, got us those 43 points. They haven''t forgotten how to play football.

We now are under no illusions how hard next season will be and it''s pretty clear how much strenghtening we will need in the summer. Just because we''ve tailed off doesnt mean we havent done well this season, though. Who knows it might actually help us avoid second season syndrome.

The reality is that we have done amazingly to survive this season, but it looks as though we are going to need major reinforcements with quality to go again next season. I do worry that it may be to much to ask of this squad to do it again.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]We now are under no illusions how hard next season will be and it''s pretty clear how much strenghtening we will need in the summer. Just because we''ve tailed off doesnt mean we havent done well this season, though. Who knows it might actually help us avoid second season syndrome.[/quote]simply we look bad with this players against top 5 teams when they are 1 up or so that not mean this players all need to be released but sure we have some very week spots in deffence espcialy

The job has been done but lets be honest we have been on the slide for a while now and if this form had started a month before we might be looking at going down.

We have dont the job well this season but the positive is thus...we are not as good as we thought we are we are beatable and we need new players even if its to stay the same standard.

The best defence I saw for us was Naughton (not here next season?), Ayala, Whitbread (maybe not here next season and Tierny (hardly played).

This is a big worry I note we have a big problem with pace at the back when these guys dont play.

Up front Hollt is good for another season surely but Morrison is off the boil and Vaughn does not look like a world beater to me. Where is our plan B?

All over the pitch we need an injection of pace period.

We need this investment just to stay where we are as i feel we have over achieved and maybe our last few results are more of an indication of what the following season might hold if we dont progress.

Your making judgements on Vaughan?

For goodness sake, he''s missed most of the season. I thought he looked like he''s going to be very good when fully fit.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"][quote user="Gingerpele"]We were playing in a Premiership game.

Grant Holt.[/quote]Did you go and watch City in the late eighties..nineties.we were a top tier side for years and years. Wtf! I and most of the City fans wanna stay here and we''re not staying up next season with this team I am very sorry to say...[/quote]Robfleck - I think we need to walk before we can run. Times are different from the eighties/nineties, we can''t expect to become an automatic top tier side overnight.The objective at the start of the season was 17th, we have achieved that (Barring mathematical miracles) - next season is when we need to push on with some key signings to take us into mid-table. As we said on another thread, I am concerned that next season we will struggle now the euphoria of consecutive promotions has worn off, lets see what Lambert does in the Summer and start again in August.

He might very well look good and down the line be good I am not "judging him" he is injured a lot and his place in the team as the "paceman" is too important to be left just for him.

Also no goals as yet so he has to be in the unproven category thus far on what I have seen and I would not want to bet our survival next season on him.

Thought Johnson did his job very well today. Was everywhere on that pitch, must have ran miles, closing down everything; a task made much harder when we went to 4 in the middle because we were so stretched.Our problem atm is our passing is quite nice, but we really don''t seem to be getting anywhere, we cannot handle teams pressing us either, we are forced into making to many mistakes. I think sometimes our style of play is our own downfall because the players are not individually wonderful players, so they are always going to make the odd mistake, atm we are just making way to many

Let''s face it the last few weeks (bar tottenham, which maybe makes it even more frustrating) have been poor. Living a long way away from norfolk i sat there in a pub feeling a bit embarressed about the team today. For the first time in a long time. Against Man c we were in it for 70 mins then class took over. Today we looked disinterested and out of ideas. I do think Vaughan had some fight about him which was about the only positive I could take. Obviously we have done very well this season. Having supported us since we were relegated in 95 i''ve kind of got used to failure so these last few years have been amazing! Anyone walking away today cant have felt good though, we are starting to limp our way to the end of the season...all the fans want to see is some bottle.

There were a couple

Ward will hopefully now be released and

Lambert will release we need to rip out the squad not

tinker ie I would get rid of a good 14 players and bring in 6-7.

Also if its not being perverse re tinkering, tinker with the squad not the f...ing team please