Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Arsenal ballot in Group 3

[quote user="bringbackandyhughes"]Were tickets £35 each as have had just over £70 taken out my account so assume that is for the two tickets plus a small admin fee?[/quote]

Yes....I had £111.50 taken out of mine - that''s two match tickets, two coach tickets + an admin. fee

£36.50 just come out of my account overnight. Delighted having been unsucessful in the previous three ballot application I''ve entrered!

My tickets came through the door this morning. [:)] They''re tiny in comparison to the giant Spurs ones.

I havent got them but I''m not fussed.I''m lucky enough to be a home season ticket holder so have attended every home game so far this season and I''ve been to about 15 away games this season. Have fun everybody who is going!

[quote user="Northluck C."]My tickets came through the door this morning. [:)] They''re tiny in comparison to the giant Spurs ones.
[/quote]

Handle them with care as they''ve got a chip embedded in them that will need to be read to get through the turnstile.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Blimey Pete. 17 mates. Nobody could call you Billy[;)]

[/quote]

You''ll have to read between the lines Nutty, as Pete is actually saying he has ''12 mates, so now thats 18 going''. That''s like saying I''m going with 2 mates,and so that''s 60,000 of us going to the Emirates!!;)

Just phoned club. They have just finished processing all of the tickets.

If the money hasn''t gone from your account you have been unsuccesful, like me. Boo

Same for us too.  The current Group 3 is way to big.  There are over 20,000 people eligible for Group 3, it''s a very poorly thought out system. 

Agreed that the club need to look into changing the system. We have far too many season ticket holders for it to work, add in the fact that there are only 19 away league games now as opposed to 23 and say a third of those go to group 3 ballot it''s actually quite difficult for a fan in group 3 to build up enough stubs even if they were willing to go to 10 games - they might not be successful in enough ballots.

Our system of handing in paper forms to apply for tickets is completely archaic compared to most clubs not only in the PL but down the leagues too. By all means keep some kind of option of a paper application system for those who can''t or don''t want to do it online, but the vast majority of fans I think would appreciate an electronic system. If anything it would make economic sense given the amount of ticket office administration time it must take up dealing with these applications.

I''m a STH with 10+ stubs and an Arsenal ticket so it doesn''t affect me in terms of losing out in ballots but I just can''t understand why we continue to drag on with this system.

When I phoned later this afternoon the office said the ballot will not be finalised until tomorrow,although we are talking last knockings but still an outside chance.

Would a points system really be that much better?I''m just playing devils advocate with that question by the way. I have no idea how it''ll work.I do agree that it needs to change.I''m a group 2er but I drop down into group 3 as I go to away games with my brother. The only issue I have is that my brother goes to (or aims to) get to around 13/14 away games a season but because he doesnt have a home season ticket we always have a chance of missing out.Why cant those who go to loads of away games get precedent over home season ticket holders? If one goes to around 15 games the money given to the club is roughly the same. How much are away season tickets?

Like with ST''s there''s nothing to stop sharing. So if two ST holder''s get to 10 different away games between them you are better off taking it in turns to be certain rather than both of you being in the ballot each time.

Just a thought.

Shaker Maker - the money you pay for your away tickets, other than the £1.50 admin fee, goes to the home i.e. opposition club, so the point about the club getting the same amount of money from those who either attend lots of away games or lots of home games isn''t right. I can understand why the club give home season ticket holders a certain amount of priority - they are after all the ''bread and butter'' of the fanbase (I''m not after a ''you have to have a season ticket to be the best fan'' argument here - I''m looking at it from the club''s perspective).

A points system would at least get rid of the current huge gulf between a season ticket holder with no stubs and one with 9 stubs. It could also be used for home ticket priority to show a purchase history, which would help solve the complaints we''ve had of local fans of the big clubs buying a supermembership and buying up tickets for those games. By moving the system online it would also make it far more efficient. Obviously there''d be a certain amount of initial registration of paper ticket stubs involved to kick off a points tally from scratch, but you have to do that every year anyway to get in group 2.

Away season tickets are the price of each individual ticket added up, plus each booking fee, plus the £20 admin fee. I worked it out a couple of months ago based on this season''s prices and it was about £700 all in (obviously not including travel).

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Shaker Maker - the money you pay for your away tickets, other than the £1.50 admin fee, goes to the home i.e. opposition club, so the point about the club getting the same amount of money from those who either attend lots of away games or lots of home games isn''t right. I can understand why the club give home season ticket holders a certain amount of priority - they are after all the ''bread and butter'' of the fanbase (I''m not after a ''you have to have a season ticket to be the best fan'' argument here - I''m looking at it from the club''s perspective).

A points system would at least get rid of the current huge gulf between a season ticket holder with no stubs and one with 9 stubs. It could also be used for home ticket priority to show a purchase history, which would help solve the complaints we''ve had of local fans of the big clubs buying a supermembership and buying up tickets for those games. By moving the system online it would also make it far more efficient. Obviously there''d be a certain amount of initial registration of paper ticket stubs involved to kick off a points tally from scratch, but you have to do that every year anyway to get in group 2.

Away season tickets are the price of each individual ticket added up, plus each booking fee, plus the £20 admin fee. I worked it out a couple of months ago based on this season''s prices and it was about £700 all in (obviously not including travel).[/quote]I might look into getting a pair of away season tickets.You make a lot  of excellent points there mate and I do totally agree with the point that home season ticket holders give more to the club than away ticket holders.I guess I should be thankful that Arsenal is the only game we''ve missed out on this season.

Check down the board the ''NCFC ticketing policy/online shop'' thread, spencer 1970 has just posted a report of an interesting discussion with the club regarding changing the system.

Sounds like the club aren''t aware that some fans might like the system changed.

I wouldn''t be too sure of that Shaker. The current system  was was set up by consulting fans. There is no consultation now. I agree it''s probably outdated given that so many people want to go at the moment. In the past it would only be used for the scum game and the odd cup game. But I''d still back the current system over anything we had before it when the club dictated what happened.

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]Just out of interest how were away tickets allocated before?

[/quote]

A long wait in a queue outside Carrow Road...

Just to clarify, you don''t pay any admin charges on away season tickets, just the one off £20. You always get great tickets and can recommend having one so you can tick off all the grounds without the hassle of getting into ballots and the unknown.......however back to reality next season but at least I will be in group 2 .

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Just to clarify, you don''t pay any admin charges on away season tickets, just the one off £20. You always get great tickets and can recommend having one so you can tick off all the grounds without the hassle of getting into ballots and the unknown.......however back to reality next season but at least I will be in group 2 .[/quote]You''ve tempted me! I''m going to go down to the club tomorrow armed with questions [;)]

[:(] Just got an email from the club saying I''ve missed out on the ballot.  Can''t complain as I was successful for Spurs and Fulham.  But I think I''ll apply for an away season ticket for next year.

If you''re successful they just post the tickets, so no email from the club = good news, although I don''t know how long it takes them to send out the emails !

Just had e mail from club to say I was unlucky in ballot and really wanted to go to the Emirates. Have submitted 10 away stubs since applying so should be guaranteed in group 2 next season.

Matt you have a valid point, not sure exactly when the current system came into play, but P3 now has circa 20,000 and that means most fans within the group will be disappointed when there is a ballot for P3