Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

The Doc.....

...has just scored in his debut for Wycombe. God, I still miss him! Would have been a lethal combination up front with Holty.....

Worst decision ever by Lambert letting him go, we''d have kept clean sheets every game with him at the back...

Seriously though, good on him, was pretty good for us in League One (and for at least one season in the Champ, he seemed to have an off season, then an on season) so i''m sure he''ll serve Wycombe well for the rest of this season at least. Cross by MacNamee wasn''t it?

Doc could still have done a job for us last season, his biggest problems were (a) he couldn''t play up front and in defence at the same time without being cloned, so we''d always be weak in one area and (b) Lambert didn''t rate him for some reason completely unrelated to his obvious ability.  The fact that Lambert preferred Nelson over Doc is clear evidence that Lambert''s just been lucky up to this point and will get found out next season.

He had his time with us but he gave away too many free kicks and penalties. He was like an octopus at times over the forwards. I don''t miss him. I doubt Spurs do either.

[quote user="lappinitup"]...has just scored in his debut for Wycombe.[/quote]Aren''t you missing ''with a shocking own goal after manhandling the opposing striker''?Poor defender who was at fault for a number of goals when with us, was so glad to see the back of him and funny how he''s not gone beyond League 1 since we released him - despite those on here claiming he was a Championship quality defender - I guess nobody else thinks so...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Cody Mac didn''t even make the pitch for Coventry, anyone (Mr. Paul Moy) still think Lambert was wrong to let him go?[/quote]

Yes.....could have been a future great for us!

[quote user="Mister Chops"] The fact that Lambert preferred Nelson over Doc is clear evidence that Lambert''s just been lucky up to this point and will get found out next season.[/quote]lol

My favorite Doc move was when he got sent off against Burnley after letting their striker through only to bring him down by diving in between his legs and tripping him with his head...one of the best / worst pieces of defending I have ever seen!

[quote user="K Lo"]He had his time with us but he gave away too many free kicks and penalties. He was like an octopus at times over the forwards. I don''t miss him. I doubt Spurs do either.[/quote]I believe he only gave away 2 penalties in his whole time with us, and one of them was a bad decision where he got his Red card rescinded, Shackell gave away more penalties. Just one of the many myths the boo boys on here created about the Doc, alongside the "he''s far to slow" comment, although even Huckerby said that the Doc was actually the second quickest player at the club behind him. If you watch back the season we got relegated from the Championship, I think you''ll find that Jon Otsemobor was at fault for a lot of goals, worst defender I''ve seen in the Yellow shirt, I also never rated Shackell (although he was pretty decent to be fair when he came back on loan)

To the comment about Cody Mac not playing; he''s only just coming back from injury

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="K Lo"]He had his time with us but he gave away too many free kicks and penalties. He was like an octopus at times over the forwards. I don''t miss him. I doubt Spurs do either.[/quote]I believe he only gave away 2 penalties in his whole time with us, and one of them was a bad decision where he got his Red card rescinded, Shackell gave away more penalties. Just one of the many myths the boo boys on here created about the Doc, alongside the "he''s far to slow" comment, although even Huckerby said that the Doc was actually the second quickest player at the club behind him. If you watch back the season we got relegated from the Championship, I think you''ll find that Jon Otsemobor was at fault for a lot of goals, worst defender I''ve seen in the Yellow shirt, I also never rated Shackell (although he was pretty decent to be fair when he came back on loan) [/quote]Doherty DID give away a lot of free kicks just outside the penalty box.

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="K Lo"]He had his time with us but he gave away too many free kicks and penalties. He was like an octopus at times over the forwards. I don''t miss him. I doubt Spurs do either.
[/quote]

I believe he only gave away 2 penalties in his whole time with us, and one of them was a bad decision where he got his Red card rescinded, Shackell gave away more penalties. Just one of the many myths the boo boys on here created about the Doc, alongside the "he''s far to slow" comment, although even Huckerby said that the Doc was actually the second quickest player at the club behind him.
If you watch back the season we got relegated from the Championship, I think you''ll find that Jon Otsemobor was at fault for a lot of goals, worst defender I''ve seen in the Yellow shirt, I also never rated Shackell (although he was pretty decent to be fair when he came back on loan)
[/quote]

Doherty DID give away a lot of free kicks just outside the penalty box.
[/quote]

Probably not as many as you think K lo. But when the Doc had a mishap it was usually a memeorable one. The Doc always marked the strong forwards. His battles with Alan Lee against scum were epic.  I remember being at Portaloo one season and The Doc had a great game against Lee. I should think 75% of the fouls were given in his favour. The binners were going mental and when I looked on here after I got home posters were saying he was forever fouling Lee and should have been sent off!!! Our posters berating the referee for not sending our player off! Work that one out!! But that''s what The Doc had to contend with the entire time he was here.

Anyway, Doc never gave anything less than 100% for us. When i met him he had to dash off to do some hospital visitng. He is 100% a good guy. When I saw what happened today it made me smile. I''m pleased for him and I hope he plays the rest of his games somewhere where the fans are on his side.