Sign in to follow this  
ca

Rob Butler v Jake Humprey

Who heard Rob Butler having a right ole go at Jake on canary call, went on and on about something Jake had put on twitter about us.

Eventually towards the end of canary call he backtracked a bit (must have had a word in his ear) and said he liked him really etc etc and invited hin to call him in the McVeigh & Butler show. Funny thing was Flem said that Jake is a good friend of his and Norwich City through and through.

What was that all about?

I''m not a fan of Butler I must say. Humphrey never misses an opportunity to work a Norwich mention in whenever he''s presenting F1.

Is Butler the Butler who used to post on here? If so we need the Friday joke thread back.

"It''s days like today that the result isn''t important. Man U are at Carrow Road, & for a team of our size that''s special. NCFC fans-savour it"

This is what Jake said. I''m not a fan of Butler much really, I find him a bit irritating. I think he''s trying to blow something up far more than it is, I can fully see what Jake is saying there. Don''t think he''s actually calling us tinpot, as Butler claimed he was.

Jake Humphrey tweeted

"It''s days like today that the result isn''t

important. Man U are at Carrow Road, & for a team of our size that''s

special. NCFC fans-savour it"

Rob Butler''s right, Jake Humphrey is a horse''s arse.  There are two things in that tweet that are frankly ridiculous. (A) The result isn''t important, (B) "For a team of our size".  F**k off Jake Humphrey.

Rob Butler is awful, he thinks he''s something special and is simply trying to draw attention to himself and make a name for himself by having a go at Jake.

Sooner radio Norfolk get rid of him the better.

Jake''s like little Norwich......We''ve come a long way in a few years as a football club.....He''s come a long way in a few years since being a kid''s TV presenter.

Seems like a noice blerk.....But I think Formula 1 is a load of pump....

Jake''s comment was a little patronising. However, Rob Butler is nothing more than a loud mouth. I used to enjoy listening to Neil Adams on canary call, but now try and listen to as little of the show as possible.

I find it crazy that someone like Rob Butler most probably gets a free ticket to all away games (maybe home games too) so he can do his "job" on radio norfolk. Surely the money they pay him can be better spent on someone with a bit of actual knowledge, not just some loud mouth fan who loves the sound of his own voice.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I''m not a fan of Butler I must say. Humphrey never misses an opportunity to work a Norwich mention in whenever he''s presenting F1.

Is Butler the Butler who used to post on here? If so we need the Friday joke thread back.[/quote]No we ''kin don''t

[quote user="bringbackandyhughes"]Rob Butler is awful, he thinks he''s something special and is simply trying to draw attention to himself and make a name for himself by having a go at Jake.

Sooner radio Norfolk get rid of him the better.[/quote]Is he heck, he''s there to stir a debate that''s what Radio Norfolk put him there for.  Pre Rob Butler sometimes CC was a morgue, some games nobody bothered texting or calling.As for the point about Jake Humphrey, he''s correct imo.  Many fans have still got a little ol'' Norwich mentality.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]
Is he heck, he''s there to stir a debate that''s what Radio Norfolk put him there for.  [/quote]

Problem with Rob Butler is that he interupts the footballing expert too much and they are the ones people ring up to talk to.

Really miss Neil Adams. [:''(]

I’m still undecided on Rob Butler, but I thought he made a very valid point about JH on Canary Call, although he did go on about it a bit. That sort of “pleased to be here” attitude was exactly the one we had last time in the Prem and it got us relegated.

He’s also in credit as my tweet was read out about how Morison will respond after spending 90 minutes watch from the sidelines today. Holty did not get on the pitch at Old Trafford after a very indifferent performance as a sub vs Sunderland in the Monday night game before Man U and responded brilliantly.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]Is he heck, he''s there to stir a debate that''s what Radio Norfolk put him there for.  [/quote]

Problem with Rob Butler is that he interupts the footballing expert too much and they are the ones people ring up to talk to.

Really miss Neil Adams. [:''(]

[/quote]Admittedly he does do that

I don''t know R Butler personally and I''m sure that he''s a nice guy but he really gets up my nose as a radio presenter on Canary call and as for the Thursday night Scrimmage well why bother to be honest.

Radio Norfolk need to get rid quickly.

I''ve never disliked a presenter on the radio like I do this Rob fella! He thinks he knows as much as the guest presenter(normally an ex pro) and he doesn''t. If he just answered the call and passed them onto the ex pro he would be fine.

Just because he is a SnakePit fan!

Sometimes Rob sounds a bit like a typical British lout. I''m embarrassed listening to him at times, which more often than not leads to the radio being turned off. Used to take a pocket radio to games to hear Neil Adams after, don''t bother now.

[:@][quote user="Mister Chops"]Jake Humphrey tweeted

"It''s days like today that the result isn''t

important. Man U are at Carrow Road, & for a team of our size that''s

special. NCFC fans-savour it"

Rob Butler''s right, Jake Humphrey is a horse''s arse.  There are two things in that tweet that are frankly ridiculous. (A) The result isn''t important, (B) "For a team of our size".  F**k off Jake Humphrey.

[/quote]

What he said [:@]

Rob Butler is a total knob with zero knowledge of the great game. He is also a patronising, rude individual who disagrees and insults people who have a view that is not held by the vast majority.  That is what it is all about City Angel. Radio Norfolk should really have nothing to do with the man.

Radio Norfolk/BBC seem to be blind to the fact that Butler isn''t very popular and is considered unprofessional by many.

I get the impression that they all think he''s great. I''m guessing they will stick with him for remainder of the season, but hopefully after that they will get rid of him.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

I''ve never disliked a presenter on the radio like I do this Rob fella! He thinks he knows as much as the guest presenter(normally an ex pro) and he doesn''t. If he just answered the call and passed them onto the ex pro he would be fine.

Just because he is a SnakePit fan!

[/quote]

Just like a lot of the posters on here who think they know as much as our Manager.

[quote user="The Gruffalo"]Rob Butler is a total knob with zero knowledge of the great game. He is also a patronising, rude individual who disagrees and insults people who have a view that is not held by the vast majority.  That is what it is all about City Angel. Radio Norfolk should really have nothing to do with the man.
[/quote]

Just like a lot of the posters on here who think they know more about the game than our Manager.

[quote user="The Gruffalo"]Rob Butler is a total knob with zero knowledge of the great game. He is also a patronising, rude individual who disagrees and insults people who have a view that is not held by the vast majority.  That is what it is all about City Angel. Radio Norfolk should really have nothing to do with the man.[/quote]

How exactly has he been patronising and rude or insulted anyone on Canary Call?

Ok he occasionally says something controversial as a talking point or to try and stir up the debate but thats no bad thing with a radio phone in show. For a long time now Canary Call has been pretty dull and just consisted of a series of calls from people not at the game with nothing very interesting to say.

The love in for Adams on here makes me laugh. Most people hated him for sitting on the fence too much for the first couple of years he was doing the phone in. Now Butler gets slated for being a bit controversial.

I think Butler is a bit too self-opinionated for his own good, but he did have a point about Humphrey. I think he needs to calm himself down and be a lot more tactful in what he has to say. I tend to switch the radio off after about 2 or 3 minutes of his self-regarding rantings. He should remember that when he''s on radio the focus is on Norwich City - not him. I have the feeling that Paul McVeigh finds him a bit annoying at times, too.

It seems like Jake Humphrey is the latest to get the "I''m a better fan than you" treatment. I don''t think that anyone can doubt that he''s City through and through and promotes us wherever he can. I happened to be standing behind him at Loftus Road and he was as passionate as any of us.

I think we should all ring Canary Call and refer to the "great man" as Ron or Reg or something similar, as the fact that one caller got his name wrong seemed to irk him somewhat. HA HA.

[quote user="Julius Sieze-Her"]I think we should all ring Canary Call and refer to the "great man" as Ron or Reg or something similar, as the fact that one caller got his name wrong seemed to irk him somewhat. HA HA.[/quote]See the BBC has got it right.  Rob has instigated debate and attempted to persuade fans to call in [;)]

Certainly has been more debate of canary call on here than i can recall for some time. One can only assume that those moaning about it are still listening every week as well!

I''ve stopped listening to Canary Call since Knob Butler took over and started to dominate the airways with his highly irritating voice and brainless, boorish rantings. You might regard that as stimulating debate, but I wouldn''t be surprise if a number of City fans have done the same as me and switched the radio off as soon as that twerp starts shouting!

Take the rough with the smooth to be honest.  He''s a tad annoying every now and again, but at least he stirs up a bit of debate, something which Canary Call has lacked for YEARS (if it ever had any).  I find it boring listening to the same old idiots ring up week in week out ''I weren''t at the game Neyul but I think this this and this''.Rob Butler was right to point out Jake Humphrey''s negativity about yesterday.  I don''t doubt for one second that he is a big NCFC fan, but why glorify this image of us being a, as City1st would say, ever so ''umble club.  We''re here because we deserve to be, and we deserve to compete with the big boys.  Lambert is going into the dressing room saying "Don''t worry lads, it''s all about looking at Man U today, look how amazing they are" he is going out with the mentality that we can compete with them.  Fair play to Rob Butler on this, maybe he went slightly over the top but the sooner we realise behaving like a small club is negative, the better.