Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twenty eight of the Rays Funds for FONCY season. We have another of our top PUPs from the hall of fame this week because Norfolkchance1 is in charge and making the final selections. Now Craig has been with us since the very start and has always been a supportive and helpful member of our Rays Funds family. This season has been Craig’s worst for his personal stats but believe me he’s still made a great contribution to our winnings. Because this season Craig has only selected away wins. Now away wins are the hardest result to call but Craig went on a run of 11 consecutive correct away wins. It was during this time that Lapp had his win and Lapp asked me “who was the poster who had picked so many correct away wins?” He then included Craig’s away selection on his winning line. Sometimes you pickers and your stats contribute to our wins without you even knowing. Those stats, current form and our own league table are as useful as all the form guide sites we visit. Craig, who has picked 174 times on these threads, is also immortalized on Ray’s signature for suggesting that very signature should be written and for his win in the 2009/10 season.

Now all us PUPs need to be at our best to help Craig get x2 by his name. Don’t forget for your selection to be eligible for the final six it must be listed on Bet365 website. You can also check this on odds checker. There is no other criteria. We just ask for your very best nap wherever that may be.

Now on to our rota for April. Provisionally I have the following: -

April 7th   Shack Attack

April 14th GMF

April 21st 1st Wazzock

April 28th Yankee Canary

As usual I’m quite happy to change this if any dates aren’t suitable.

If you missed it last week two of our top PUPs, Mandie and Beaus, are running for charity this spring. They are both running for two very good causes namely East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (Quidenham) and the Darren Huckerby Trust. Here are the links to their fundraising pages : -

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=RobinSainty

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=MandieThorpe

So now Ill hand the thread over to Norfolkchance1. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get that 2 by your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Craig ... the free bet is yours.......[:)]......

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, yes Norfolkchance1 £1509 for the Academy,so far.

Huddersfield dropped me back below the dreaded "dotted line" last week, so I''m heading to Belgium this week.

In the spirit of Norfolkchance1 and all his away win picks here comes an away win suggestion for you.

St Truidense sit 2nd bottom with a home record of W2 D5 L7 F18 A27 and have 1 win in their last 8. Anderlecht are top and have W7 D4 L3 F15 A11 away, with 6 wins and 2 draws in the last 8.

St Truidense v Anderlecht - Away Win

Best of luck Norfolkchance1, and all you PUPs.

Good evening Nutty,very good luck to you NC1 and to all you other PUPs out there.

Off to Spain and a HOME WIN please for REAL MADRID v Malaga.

Everyone is welcome on these threads. But it does help when compiling the stats if they keep to their original username.

I''ll go for a Man utd away win at Wolves

Man utd look on course for another title after City''s slip up and should be way too strong for a poor Wolves team

and if they''re not i''m sure one of the old boys will pop up with a late goal to save them

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Everyone is welcome on these threads. But it does help when compiling the stats if they keep to their original username.

[/quote]Excellent. But how does it work and how do I get my name carved in to something? Who will do the carving?

Off to Ireland for me this week:

LINFIELD 13-1-1 (35-4) -v- Donegal Celtic 8-2-5 (23-27)    HOME WIN

Good Luck NorfCh1 and all you Lovely PUPs[:)]

AZ Alkmaar to beat NAC BredaAlkmaar are 10-2-0 at home, Breda are 1-1-10 away. Alkmaar play on Thursday in the Europa which is a bit of a worry but they should still win.

Off to Holland and on Sunday I am fairly confident in my prediction of AZ ALKMAAR (top of the league. 10-2-0 at home) to beat NAC (away record 1-1-10).Good luck you lovely Pups.

Anyone want to make my pick for me? I would just go for Almaria to win, but there playing away to a higher team and have lost or drawn in all of the last three...

Using the sacred Banana technique, i''m going for 3PM England, Sheff Utd to win. They are 2nd, Tranmere are lower down, I don''t really care about form any more it means nothing.

Sheffield United vs Tranmere- Home win

Good Luck :)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Anyone want to make my pick for me? I would just go for Almaria to win, but there playing away to a higher team and have lost or drawn in all of the last three... Using the sacred Banana technique, i''m going for 3PM England, Sheff Utd to win. They are 2nd, Tranmere are lower down, I don''t really care about form any more it means nothing. Sheffield United vs Tranmere- Home win Good Luck :)[/quote]

I have noticed that you are having a bad run just now buddy. It''s happened to me in the past too. (More than once!). Just keep doing what served you so well in the past and your luck will change soon[Y]

DicTaTor.

Feel free to disrupt and mock any thread you like, but this is something we do for the academy and in memory of a very special man who meant a lot to a lot of people on here.

Everyone who regularly posts would happily see you post your "nap" for the weekend, the more the merrier.

Hi everyone, looking forward to picking the six selections on Friday afternoon/evening some good ones so far. Hopefully we can club together and get another great win for the academy. Due to some of my away picks going off the boil in recent weeks I have dropped out of the top 40 leaderboard so it may be a while before I get to be picker again so I will enjoy this week even more. But hopefully next season that will give another one of our great new pickers a chance to carve their name into Rays great hall of winners and to get the same buzz as I did when they win for the first time.

Thanks to Nutty as always for keeping this thread going and the organisation of everything.

Good luck!

I''m off to Turkey again this week[H]

Bursaspor current form (last 8) W5 D2 L1 F14 A5 are at home to bottom club Ankaragucu who''s last 8 read W0 D0 L8 F4 A23.

Bursaspor              v               Ankaragucu               Home Win

Good luck Norfolkchance1 and all you PUPs.

Watford Vs Coventry.

I''m following GingerPele''s Saturday 3pm tactic this week.

Watford are having a steady season, and with an unexperianced manager incharge its probably the best they can hope for. They also lost their cheif ''goal getter'' to Bolton in January.

Coventry are rubbish. Even though they have got Cody Mac - But he''s injured.

Watford have won 2 and lost 1 of their last 3 at home scoring 6 and conceeding just 1.

Coventry have lost 3 of their last 3 away scoring a total of 0 goals and conceeding 6!

Looks to me like it will be all one way traffic and Watford will win 2/3-0!

Watford vs Coventry Home win.

Sorry for the lack of pictures this week. Just enjoying watching Man Utd getting thumped! [y]

Right i''m goingbto do what i don''t think i''ve done on here before and go for a draw.

Saint-Etienne v Lyon .....just has draw written all over it.

All the best to Norfolkchance1 and all this weeks pickers.

Despite grave misgivings of my own, and dire warnings from those who know best, I went to Scotland last week and got away with it. So I''m off back there again this week where I believe Cowdenbath will beat Stenhousemuir. Good luck NFC!

Now my lovelies, I''ve scanned every league in the world this week looking for some fresh meat, and I have found you a right old beauty.

http://uk.soccerway.com/national/paraguay/division-profesional/2012/regular-season/

In the Paraguayan Professional League on Sunday at around 21:30 Paraguay time, which is obviously quite late over there in Blighty, as we used to call it, the top team Olimpia will beat the bottom team Tacaury.  My name is Bore Bore Bor, and I would not lie to you.

x x x

I''m not fond of picking FA Cup games, but have been prevaricating about Spurs or Chelsea. I think the old folks at the Bridge may be a bit knackered after Wednesday''s efforts, so I''ll go for;

SPURS v Bolton HOME win.

Good luck Norfolk and all you lovely Pups!Hopefully I''ll see some of you at St James Park (oops, I mean the Sports Direct Arena) on Sunday![Y]

In a desperate attempt to get myself away from the relegation zone, I''m going to be boring this week and also opt for Tottenham to beat Bolton in the FA Cup.Best of luck NFC and all PUPs!

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]DicTaTor.

Feel free to disrupt and mock any thread you like, but this is something we do for the academy and in memory of a very special man who meant a lot to a lot of people on here.

Everyone who regularly posts would happily see you post your "nap" for the weekend, the more the merrier.[/quote]Ok then, Real Madrid v Malaga away win please.When can I get my name adorned on something?

I''m still reeling from my feeble attempt last week. I didn''t even look to see how many came in, it was that bad. [:''(]But I''m here to pull myself off the ropes, and to predict that Man Yoo will look to restore some pride after their humbling by Athletic Club of Bilbao. Wolves meanwhile, look rudderless.Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Manchester United - away winGood luck everyone! [:)]

I''ll have Spurs to beat Bolton please.

Good luck to everyone this week [:)]

After West Ham let me down last week, i''ve decided to try & play safe this week and go for Chelsea to beat Leicester in the FA Cup, good luck all[<:o)]