Sign in to follow this  
Harry

If Norwich...

... were to fold for any reason would you still go and watch live football and who would you support?

Personally I would go along and support Gorleston at Emerald Park, I have always followed their fortunes as they were the first team I ever watched live, I still went and watched them play when Norwich were away and I wasn''t old enough to travel away by myself.

I lived in Gorleston for many years Harry but was schooled in Gt Yarmouth. In those days the Greens were a great side and had terrific local derbies with Yarmouth and Lowestoft.

Having lived in Bury St Edmunds for 40 years, they are my local team and I love going down to Ram meadow to support them when I can. I love the local football scene.

Despite all that, I bleed yellow and green. My mother thought I was jaundiced when I popped out!!

[quote user="Harry"]... were to fold for any reason would you still go and watch live football and who would you support?

Personally I would go along and support Gorleston at Emerald Park, I have always followed their fortunes as they were the first team I ever watched live, I still went and watched them play when Norwich were away and I wasn''t old enough to travel away by myself.[/quote]Probably Gorleston too !!Norwich United?

Definitely not another league side-but would enjoy watching football and matches as a complete neutral with no pressure.

Would make an effort to get to the Walks and see the Linnets play, although, as I don''t think their "hardcore" are particularly welcoming of strangers, so to speak, would probably be Gorleston as well.

I would probably venture along to my local non league teams Norwich United and Wroxham more than I have in recent years but my intake of going to live football would drop substantially I suspect!

But I think I''d have more chance of getting 6 numbers tonight in the lotto than Norwich City ceasing to exist in some form or another!

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="Harry"]... were to fold for any reason would you still go and watch live football and who would you support? Personally I would go along and support Gorleston at Emerald Park, I have always followed their fortunes as they were the first team I ever watched live, I still went and watched them play when Norwich were away and I wasn''t old enough to travel away by myself.[/quote]

Probably Gorleston too !!

Norwich United?
[/quote]

Norwich United... you''re having a giraffe - Nomad United more like.  Didn''t they originate in Poringland then play at Heartsease Lane before getting the move to their purpose built ground at Plantation Park.  Exemplified by the fact that Blofield United get significantly larger gates than the Nomads.  Can''t wait until Blofield Utd draw Norwich United away in the Norfolk Senior Cup and all the locals can sing ''We Support Our Local Team!''

I would wait for a Phoenix club to be formed

Afc Norwich city

Norwich Canaries

Or something like that

[quote user="Lord Horn"]No reason left to live therefore I would top myself.....  [:D][/quote]What happened to Ebbsfleet Utd your Lordship?

["Dave"]I would wait for a Phoenix club to be formed

Afc Norwich city

Norwich Canaries

Or something like that.

Like I said earlier and you''ve touched on, if the current club folded then another AFC Wimbledon like version would probably be formed!

Was gonna say the same. An afc Norwich would form and I would still go to as many games as I do now even living 7 hours round trip away. I don''t care what league will always follow, follow, follow....

[quote user="Harry"]... were to fold for any reason would you still go and watch live football and who would you support? Personally I would go along and support Gorleston at Emerald Park, I have always followed their fortunes as they were the first team I ever watched live, I still went and watched them play when Norwich were away and I wasn''t old enough to travel away by myself.[/quote]

Down the ''rec Harry, before the days of Emerald Park ??, some good games (and some rather naughty violence) against the likes of Lowestoft then.

Mark .Y.

Yes Mark.Y it was down the Rec, been watching Norwich since 1970 so saw most Gorleston games in the late 1960''s

Harry, watching Gorleston in the 60s, do you remember the bloke who used to pretend to be the lino? I want to say we called him mad Willy, but I''m not sure. Good memories of the old Rec. Was a tanner to get in but five minutes after the start of the game you could stroll in for free and spend your ill-gotten sixpence on a half time Bovril. Happy days.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Lord Horn"]No reason left to live therefore I would top myself.....  [:D][/quote]What happened to Ebbsfleet Utd your Lordship?[/quote]I would bequeath them a small fortune from my estate so that they could mount a creditable march up the football pyramid (or at least get to a Johnsons Paint Regional Semi-Final).

[quote user="Lord Horn"]I would bequeath them a small fortune from my estate so that they could mount a creditable march up the football pyramid (or at least get to a Johnsons Paint Regional Semi-Final).[/quote]Would your estate be in Horning my Lord?

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"][quote user="Lord Horn"]I would bequeath them a small fortune from my estate so that they could mount a creditable march up the football pyramid (or at least get to a Johnsons Paint Regional Semi-Final).[/quote]Would your estate be in Horning my Lord?[/quote]No, that is just my alternative pastime!

He was called Willy NP and he had his own flag if I remember correctly.

He was as mad as a bag of frogs but harmless, I think he lived in sheltered housing and helped direct outside when he wasn''t running the line.

He was called Willy NP and he had his own flag if I remember correctly.

He was as mad as a bag of frogs but harmless, I think he lived in sheltered housing and helped direct outside when he wasn''t running the line.

I watched a lot of games at Gorleston Rec NP. I well remember Willy. I think he was just called Willy dear old boy, harmless and he enjoyed himself.

I''m ashamed to admit I can remember(just) Sailor Brown in his latter years for the Greens. I played for Gorleston Minors at right back and once with Dave Stringer at left back. My only claim to fame as I was a lightweight !!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Manchester United, or Manchester City.  Norwich United if I was really bored and my Sky dish was playing up.[/quote]The Mancs yes but not The Planters MC!!!!