Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Howson agrrees personal terms, a medical, our player by teatime?

I thought the personal terms may have been the sticking point, i wouldn''t be surprised if Johnson had a part in it all? Good news and happy days.There is another thread on Howson, but this is breaking news.

I saw this as well. Can''t believe talks have gone so smoothly. The situation with Bates at Leeds must really be bad. I thought we would have to pull out all the stops to convince him to join. Brilliant news!

Lets just hope the knee reveals no complications. If it was just a tweak then I can''t see their being too many concerns. Its not like he has had to have reconstructive surgery and Pilkington has come back magnificently from his injury.

From The Independent:

Norwich manager Paul Lambert expects midfielder Jonny Howson to sign for the club later today.

Howson was undergoing a medical at Norwich this morning and finalising personal terms and Lambert did not foresee any last-minute hitches with the capture of the Leeds captain, who has been sidelined with a knee injury since last month.

Lambert said: "You never quite know until someone signs but I''m pretty sure it''s nearly there. We know the extent of the injury and there are no worries about it."

Lambert sees Howson, for whom Norwich have agreed a reported £2million fee, as the perfect addition to bring a midfield goalscoring threat to his team who have surprised many by establishing a place in the top half of the Barclays Premier League table this season.

Lambert said: "He''s been brilliant for Leeds and we need a goalscoring midfielder. If everything goes well he''ll be great for us. His rehab is going very well and he is not far away (from playing)."

It just goes to show, Lambert will continue to play his cards close to his chest, only a few days a go he said there was nothing doing, this has been in the pipeline for over a few days. I wouldn''t be surprised to see more surprise press releases before the month is out, still exciting times.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Whats the ketchup for this news?[/quote]

Lambert said it in this morning''s presser. He also seemed to suggest that Howson isn''t too far away from recovering from his injury.

[/quote]

Cheers Bethnal. [Y]

Leeds fans protested outside of elland road last - "We want Bates out!"  All to do with Howson coming down to Norwich.  Remind you of the Chase days? 

We are massive!!

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]It just goes to show, Lambert will continue to play his cards close to his chest, only a few days a go he said there was nothing doing, this has been in the pipeline for over a few days. I wouldn''t be surprised to see more surprise press releases before the month is out, still exciting times.
[/quote]....leeds released the transfer news then said they were unhappy this had got into the public domain. well, it didn''t come from lambert. anyone think they broke the news hoping for other clubs to come in and raise the price?

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]It just goes to show, Lambert will continue to play his cards close to his chest, only a few days a go he said there was nothing doing, this has been in the pipeline for over a few days. I wouldn''t be surprised to see more surprise press releases before the month is out, still exciting times.
[/quote]....leeds released the transfer news then said they were unhappy this had got into the public domain. well, it didn''t come from lambert. anyone think they broke the news hoping for other clubs to come in and raise the price?[/quote]

The news came out in The Sun before Leeds mentioned it, but they might have leaked it to The Sun. As Leeds had already accepted Norwich''s bid they wouldn''t have much chance getting another larger offer - if that was their plan they would have said something earlier to start a bidding war. Think they came out with the news to try and calm their fans and assure them that the reason they were selling was Howson refusing to sign a new contract.

I think the main reason Leeds were unhappy about it coming out is because they''d just posted out their season ticket renewal packs which featured a lovely A4 glossy photo of our new signing on the cover...

[quote user="shefcanary"]

Leeds fans protested outside of elland road last - "We want Bates out!"  All to do with Howson coming down to Norwich.  Remind you of the Chase days? 

We are massive!!

[/quote]

Also, and I must say I don''t believe a word of it but Leeds fans are saying Howson has told PL Snodgrass has urged him to get Paul to bid for him as he has also put in another transfere request, How would Leeds fans know this.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

I think the main reason Leeds were unhappy about it coming out is because they''d just posted out their season ticket renewal packs which featured a lovely A4 glossy photo of our new signing on the cover...

[/quote]

Now that is funny lmao.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="shefcanary"]

We are massive!!

[/quote]

Also, and I must say I don''t believe a word of it but Leeds fans are saying Howson has told PL Snodgrass has urged him to get Paul to bid for him as he has also put in another transfere request, How would Leeds fans know this.

[/quote]That would be double funny [;)]

Aint it strange that Norwich White hasn''t been on here lately running Norwich down and telling anyone who will listen how "big" Leeds are! Bet he is crying into his half empty glass.

brilliant news if he signs today. i was on twitter the day the news had broke and the leeds fans were gutted all moaning and a few tweets back to them and they soon got over the fact they were loosing him and convinced we had signed a cripple ha silly leeds fans OTBC

Leeds season ticket renewal pack:

http://touch.lockerz.com//s/175875234

Posting from iPhone so you might need to remove the ''touch'' part of that address when you copy and paste it.

Any news on the medical? I''m sure it''s just Leeds fans being bitter but there are a few rumours on Twitter that he failed it.

[quote user="shefcanary"]

We are massive!!

[/quote]

You think it''s to do with the Howson move?

Nah.

It''s to do with 7 years of lies and mockery. When Ken arrived 7 years ago we were mid table in the championship 7 years later we are mid table in the championship with the 5th highest season ticket in the country and the cheapest side in the division.

That''s why we''re protesting, not because an average Championship midfielder has left for Norwich!

funny how these players become "average" once they leave Leeds?!........well , if he is average ,playing with better players each week under a superior coaching staff will soon turn him into the class player he clearly didnt think he could become at your club?

[quote user="WW"][quote user="shefcanary"]

We are massive!!

[/quote]

You think it''s to do with the Howson move?

Nah.

It''s to do with 7 years of lies and mockery. When Ken arrived 7 years ago we were mid table in the championship 7 years later we are mid table in the championship with the 5th highest season ticket in the country and the cheapest side in the division.

That''s why we''re protesting, not because an average Championship midfielder has left for Norwich![/quote]Just like a lemon...........bitter!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]funny how these players become "average" once they leave Leeds?!........well , if he is average ,playing with better players each week under a superior coaching staff will soon turn him into the class player he clearly didnt think he could become at your club?[/quote]

Funny how you, a Norwich fan, think you know how Leeds fans feel about him? You a Leeds fan aswell then? If you''re not, how do you know he isn''t average? Oh yes, you''re signing him so he must be effin'' brilliant, right? Stop being childish and enter into some reasoned discussion.

Average Championship central midfielder, the weakest captain we''ve ever had. He''s excellent in a free role behind the front man though. But I agree with the latter part of your post, he''ll be better in your setup with less pressure.

[quote user="JF"]Aint it strange that Norwich White hasn''t been on here lately running Norwich down and telling anyone who will listen how "big" Leeds are! Bet he is crying into his half empty glass.[/quote]

Depends how you define "big".

Does the premiership mean you are a "bigger" club? Are Wigan or Swansea a "bigger" club than West Ham?

You are clearly the better side with the more ambitious set up and a better manager.

But as far as Norwich being "bigger" than Leeds United? Ask every fan of a Premiership side in the country "who would you rather play twice a season in the Premiership, Leeds or Norwich" and I think you''d get the answer.

I could talk to you about our fanbase, our catchment area, our city, our history, our ground, our academy, our notoriety, our potential etc and I could make a convincing case for us being the "bigger side" in every once.

But....

It means nothing if the people running the club don''t have the ambition does it? And your board has the ambition and a top manager and you''re in the Premiership so who bloody cares about who is the bigger club? I know which one I''d be happiest supporting at the moment.

WW, we''ve taken League one players and turned them into respectful premiership players. Don''t get mad at us cause we''ve got a good thing going here right now.

With you, and your attitudes that he''s an average championship player i can see why he''s decided to move on. We can see his quality, it''s a pity the leeds supporters can''t. (I presume you are the voice of the majority with your post?)

Watch how he blossoms at a club who knows how to treat its staff.

[quote user="WW"][quote user="shefcanary"]

We are massive!!

[/quote] You think it''s to do with the Howson move? Nah. It''s to do with 7 years of lies and mockery. When Ken arrived 7 years ago we were mid table in the championship 7 years later we are mid table in the championship with the 5th highest season ticket in the country and the cheapest side in the division. That''s why we''re protesting, not because an average Championship midfielder has left for Norwich![/quote]

You should be happy then WW. You are mainaining your level.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="WW"][quote user="shefcanary"]

We are massive!!

[/quote] You think it''s to do with the Howson move? Nah. It''s to do with 7 years of lies and mockery. When Ken arrived 7 years ago we were mid table in the championship 7 years later we are mid table in the championship with the 5th highest season ticket in the country and the cheapest side in the division. That''s why we''re protesting, not because an average Championship midfielder has left for Norwich![/quote]

You should be happy then WW. You are maintaining your level.

[/quote]

WW, only just read your post about whether most clubs would want to play us or Leeds twice a season.

Bigger clubs aside, i think most supporters like to visit and be visited by clubs who have men that look after the younger supporters around the ground, not attack and spit on them.

So that''s a poor example really.

Bottom line is that you''re definetly a bigger club, no-one can argue that. I think the point being argued here is that it doesnt give you any divine right to play with the big boys. So why don''t you go play with the Peterboroughs for a season more, let Ken Bates retire with most of the clubs transfer kitty and enjoy the next adminstration.

Because, like it or not Sonny jim, thats where your future is heading right now.