Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

Howson Deal

He was supposedly at the game saturday as well. I''d expect this to be announced early this week.

Everything is done and dusted, except his final decision, I think.

I suspect that he asked for, or was given, the week-end to think things over, discuss with family, etc. We know that he was brought up in Leeds and has always been a supporter, so it''s a big decision for him.

I hope that he says "yes" today, but you never know...

It could even be a possibility that we have got somone else in, maybe a loan signing after De Laet was sent back, and they are just waiting to announce the deals at the same time and just do one press conference, set of interviews etc. Wishful thinking, I know.

Knowing the way David McNally works I would be amazed if we had gone through the whole process of agreeing terms and a medical only to give him time to decide if he wants to come. If he wasn''t committed I would expect discussions to have been terminated at an early stage.

I''m guessing there my have been some delay on the final medical report which made it impossible to announce the signing on Friday. If so it would have then made sense to leave it until after the weekend when the Media Department were back at work. I would stress that that''s just my opinion!

Prefer Alysha''s thoughts to my own and hoping that they are spot on!

Mine are...

Howson calls Leeds bluff by not agreeing new contract.

Leeds call it back by accepting our bid.

Howson further plays the game by accepting terms....

....and then you would expect something, if it is going to happen, occur between Howson and Leeds....thus he will stay and agree a new deal, each side having played a little bit of brinksmanship with the other with us as the tool of their craft. Verging on paranoia, absolutely, but it defers disappointment a little, if there is, or was, any to come.

In anycase, Messrs McNally and Lambert would spot any sign of non committment or desire a light year away and would have pulled the plug then and there. So, all in all, hope today is a "welcome to Carra'' Rud Jonny" and yes, who knows, maybe there''ll be a little surprise on the loan scene.

Well judging by that it sounds as if its just the last bits of paper work, he is happy with what we are offering, we are happy with his medical and Leeds are happy with the fee... likely just doting the I''s and crossing the T''s now

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]£750k the fee apparently.[/quote]

Could you please enlighten me as to why you think the fee is £750k.

Thanks.

[/quote]Why not just ask Mr Bowkett Tangy when he next asks you to discuss contracts? [^o)]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Canaryonthe Trent"]£750k the fee apparently.[/quote]

Thanks.

[/quote]A newspaper in Abu Dhabi http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/robert-snodgrass-ends-contract-negotiations-with-leeds

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Thanks.

[/quote]

Why not just ask Mr Bowkett Tangy when he next asks you to discuss contracts? [^o)]
[/quote]

Surely the last thing we need Lapp is Tangible poking his nose into this and asking his bestest mate Mr Bowkett about the fee because then he will not be at liberty to discuss it on a public forum.[;)]

i know there are plenty of threads already but most of these are just idle gossip or rumours so here goes simple ? yes or no will howson sign i personally hope he does but wont be overly worried if he doesnt as i think the current team have mor than enough to keep us in the premiership.

OTBC

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Thanks.

[/quote]

Why not just ask Mr Bowkett Tangy when he next asks you to discuss contracts? [^o)]
[/quote]

Surely the last thing we need Lapp is Tangible poking his nose into this and asking his bestest mate Mr Bowkett about the fee because then he will not be at liberty to discuss it on a public forum.[;)]

[/quote]

Anybody who knows what they are talking about (unlike you Plod) will know that there are certain contracts that can be seen and others that cannot. It is out of respect for the person concerned that I do not discuss the terms of their contract with the company, i.e., NCFC Plc.

[quote user="farmer jim"]

i know there are plenty of threads already but most of these are just idle gossip or rumours so here goes simple ? yes or no will howson sign i personally hope he does but wont be overly worried if he doesnt as i think the current team have mor than enough to keep us in the premiership.

OTBC

[/quote]

So a simple yes or no?