Sign in to follow this  
Brighton Yellow

FLARE

[quote user="lake district canary"]MrC, If you look at the thread it says "we couldn''t see anything or breathe for about 4 minutes after Pilkington scored"

I think that would amount to spoiling someones enjoyment don''t you?[/quote]I''m pretty sure that if somebody couldn''t breathe for four minutes yesterday they would have been carried out on a stretcher. Are flares and smoke really that bad?

Flare or smoke bomb both are banned from grounds and whoever set it off is lucky in this current climate that they don''t get a ban.

For me I wasn''t there and can''t comment directly but having been lucky enough to have been at a number of games in Germany, I can say it doesn''t add to the atmosphere, just pointless and irritating.

It''s like kids playing with fireworks. What is the fascination with wanting to do something which isn''t really safe to do in a crowded public place?

I presume it''s all down to consumption of a few pints of lager.

Yes I do smoke zema. I wish I didn''t as it doesn''t help with my health problems, I have tried to stop but have failed, but I can assure you after the smoke bomb that affected me in the snakepit I didn''t have one for a couple of days.

As you seem to know who I am why don''t you let me know who you are at the Arsenal game or do you prefer to hide behind your keyboard?

Nobody has yet been able to tell me how these smoke bombs improve the atmosphere.

OK, Will do Harry, i only noticed it was you, in front of us, coming out of Villa''s ground, if it was''nt for trying to fight the up-stream traffic, i was going to say hi then!

That is a very good point norfolkchance.I bet the plonkers who let these smoke bombs off haven''t even considered that we could all suffer if some severe punishment is forced upon us.I guess they''d be first to moan if they couldn''t get an away ticket if we were made to have a smaller allocation, or worse still no away fans at a game at all.Extreme I know but this sort of thing could happen if the smoke bombs were to become a regular occurence.

Agreed barclay stand but wait for it ...........we will be branded kill joys and such like for being sensible............but what would you expect from kids?[^o)]

I am and my kids are grown up and pretty much adults themselves pal

[quote user="BW"]After one last year im sure there was a big thing about it from the club and paper saying they are looking for who done it and will ban them. However they seem to keep getting away with it. Good on them finally beating those Gestapo secret police within our ground it seems.[/quote]

So as a parent you think its a good idea to let this sort of stuff off in a confined area. What would you have thought if one of these things had hit a kid (anybody) in the face?

Just my thought on it.. Absolutely pointless thing to do. As their is a risk of being banned surely these people arent big enough fans to dare take the risk?! I would be absolutely devastated if I was banned from even 1 match let alone more... is it really worth the risk? Plus the fact its doesnt bring anything extra apart from impaired vision of the pitch!!

Pal? dont flatter urself!  if you think its such a great thing for the atmosphere then why dont you let one off at carrow road and let the stewards know it was u bw????? then u can observe the so called "atmosphere" from the nick ............Just saying! [:D]   

In reply to Tangible, I don''t think anyone would find it funny if a kid was hit by a flare, a smoke bomb or even an over zealous parent.

However, there are a few posters who could do with a rocket up the proverbial, unfortunately most of them would be very difficult to find anywhere near a football stadium when Norwich are playing.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]However, there are a few posters who could do with a rocket up the proverbial, unfortunately most of them would be very difficult to find anywhere near a football stadium when Norwich are playing.[/quote]

[:)][:)]

If it hit one of my kids i would expect them to chin the guy who done it. However they have never been hit by a smokebomb and to be honest its not going to do much even if it did but maybe stain the clothes they were wearing. It''s not a flare remember

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]However, there are a few posters who could do with a rocket up the proverbial, unfortunately most of them would be very difficult to find anywhere near a football stadium when Norwich are playing.[/quote]

[:)][:)]

[/quote]

Well if you find it funny CA it looks as though it is safe to comment so.......[Y]

Sarcasm doesn''t suit you Mr Tilly [:)] but as you''re here whats your thoughts on flares and smoke bombs ?

I should imagine Tilly is a fan of flares now he''s found his sea legs. A flare could be Captain Birdseye''s best friend if his boat got into trouble on the way to the game[st]

In May 2006 during an Australian Football League match

between North Melbourne and St Kilda, a North Melbourne fan had a

provocative confrontation with coach Dean

Laidley
, to which Laidley responded with a verbal barrage, inviting

the fan to the club rooms to see how badly the players were feeling due

to their consistently poor on-field performance. The incident was

captured on Australian national television. The fan committed suicide by

throwing himself in the path of an oncoming train the next morning.       " Blimey"     Thanks Wiki...I don''t follow football that much but a supporter was killed by a flare some years ago..Possibly from a heart attack.Reading the Wiki pages was a bit of a shock. There was a short story years ago where everyone went to a football matchwith a mirror, and when the referee gave a disputed decision they all shone the mirror, and he was set on fire by the sun.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sarcasm doesn''t suit you Mr Tilly [:)] but as you''re here whats your thoughts on flares and smoke bombs ?

[/quote]

Bloody dangerous unless handled by people who know what they are doing and who have received professional training in how to discharge them.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I should imagine Tilly is a fan of flares now he''s found his sea legs. A flare could be Captain Birdseye''s best friend if his boat got into trouble on the way to the game[st]

[/quote]

I thought you were talking about the Lionels you wear at the Bayer discos to start with Nutty but if the boat ever got into trouble it would be women overboard first of all to lighten the load if there was a danger of it sinking.[:D]

Back on topic:Smoke bombs are classed as pyrotechnics (fireworks) and have to be lit to generate the smoke, this is why they are banned from Football Grounds, most of them also come with a warning to use in well ventilated areas only and to avoid inhaling the smoke.