Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Marc Tierney

Rumours about earlier today that he could be called up to the Republic of Ireland squad. Now I don''t now how Irish he feels but if he''s just using them for a chance to get international football then I would advise him to wait. Keep playing like he is at the moment and he could find himself in an England squad by the end of the year.Our player of the season so far without a doubt [Y]

Simply fantastic tonight.I was just saying to Mrs Shirt that he could be inline to get a chance to step up for England if he can keep these performances up.We have to stay up to keep him next year for sure!

Totally agree with that, he is a way behind Ashley Cole but shouldn''t be too far away from Baines or Warnock, got a great chance of making the euros next summer.

One of the most passionate players to wear the Norwich shirt - he has taken the baton from Russell Martin of last season.

His crossing is nothing short of superb. A frontrunner for player of the season.

[quote user="Europe_93"]Totally agree with that, he is a way behind Ashley Cole but shouldn''t be too far away from Baines or Warnock, got a great chance of making the euros next summer.[/quote]

To be fair Leighton Baines is a very, very good player.

Warnock isn''t anything special though.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Europe_93"]Totally agree with that, he is a way behind Ashley Cole but shouldn''t be too far away from Baines or Warnock, got a great chance of making the euros next summer.[/quote]

To be fair Leighton Baines is a very, very good player.

Warnock isn''t anything special though.

[/quote]Yes- but playing like this so is Tierney and in a couple of years it won''t be just the backup spot up for grabs!

An astounding bargain and in a way exemplifies everything we`re about this season. Frankly, from the word go we looked like we knew we could do the Mackems and that level of confidence is so encouraging for the season to come.

He''s going to start catching the eyes of others with his fantastic performances this season so far.

Both him and Johnson have been surprise stars, playing very important roles. Lambert certainly knows how to put a team together!

If he keeps playing so far up the field I''ll have to describe him as a true left winger. Time and again he was storming past their right back and pumping crosses in. I didn''t notice his defensive performance as much, but if he defended half as well as he attackde it was an amazing display and he must have covered HUGE amounts of turf.....one of best performances I''ve seen from a Norwich player for some time.....

All round excellent performance,

Where do you stop....... everyone had a great game, Hoolahan tireless running, creativity full of passion, same goes for Tierney a constant overlapping threat.

Martin looked comfortable last night at the back, Barnett and Morison got much needed goals and Fox and Johnson solid holding the midfield together.

Naughton looks a prize, lets hope we can keep him!!

Tierney for me has been an absolutely top notch player for us, roll on Utd!!!!

[quote user="Kevin Keelan"]If he keeps playing so far up the field I''ll have to describe him as a true left winger. Time and again he was storming past their right back and pumping crosses in. I didn''t notice his defensive performance as much, but if he defended half as well as he attackde it was an amazing display and he must have covered HUGE amounts of turf.....one of best performances I''ve seen from a Norwich player for some time.....[/quote]It was excellent IMHO - the commentary on Sky pointed out how we had kept Elmohady quiet (although I think they named Pilkington?!) - and I do remember a crunching block which stopped a worrying break from Sunderland. He''s made the move from Colchester to Premier League look effortless, so it''s possible he could step up again to international level.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Rumours about earlier today that he could be called up to the Republic of Ireland squad. Now I don''t now how Irish he feels but if he''s just using them for a chance to get international football then I would advise him to wait. Keep playing like he is at the moment and he could find himself in an England squad by the end of the year.

Our player of the season so far without a doubt [Y]
[/quote]Completely agree, he''s been fantastic, along with Fox the best player for City this season imo!

Tierney is the picture of why I love Lambert''s "Shopping" style so much. Sheer Brilliance. Without a doubt one of our best performers this season.

*Theatrical dive aside*

I love Marc Tierney! His passion for the game and the way he plays - pure class.

Lambert is a pure genious... you can have the best players in the world but if they arent given the encouragement they wont perform...

Tierney has certainly shown himself premiership quality, as have half the team - Ruddy, Naughton, Bennett, Pilikington,. The others are learning fast and will be of the quality soon - Wes, Foxy, Morison, Johnson, Crofts, Martin?, Barnett, Whitbread, De Laet?, and we are establishing that PL''s signings have nearly all been seen as bargains.

(Could the manager possibly find a couple of strikers with his criteria and at a price we can afford in January, and we could make an impact.)

Whether others can join Morison and Crofts on the international stage, time will tell, but with a shortage of good left backs generally Tierney is probably the best prospect.

He said cheers guys. he''s in bed wearing his bulldog briefs so I think he''d prefer England over ROI. he said if he''s not picked for the euros, he''ll headbutt postman pat

Marc has really stepped up a level - playing in the prem really suits him and he has been far more impressive this season that at any time last year.

keep it going.