Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Bennett scores a cracker !!! 0-3

Sounds like one of those from his compilation video - we will need 1 or 2 players who can score several from long range efforts like that.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Sounds like one of those from his compilation video.[/quote]

---

Indeed. He seemed to score quite a few with very accurate, low shots from distance, and that was how Michael Bailey described this one.

[quote user="Give Peas to a Wizard "]The other two capable of scoring from long range would be: Hoolahan Pilkington[/quote]

+Chris Martin!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Even Cody Macdonald?[/quote]

Indeed... he scored from the half-way line last season only for it to be disallowed. A shame because it would have looked excellent on his compilation video with his other 25, and would have shut up a few more doubters. 

Francomb, crofts, r. Martin, have all scored from outside the area, as you say it just takes balls because if you spoon it the inevitable... YOU #ANKER comes screaming from the opposition supporters

I was at the game today and the ting that surprised me most about the goal was with how ordinary his attitude was when he struck the ball. It looked like he had been doing that everyday day for a year and knew exactly what was going to happen.

It was a cracker and if he can score a few more like that and produce crosses like he did for Morrison''s goal on a regular basis he will be worth a fortune by the end of next season and a possible England contender.

However it was only a 20 minute cameo against a Cov team that weren''t giving maximum effort so we shall see.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]I was at the game today and the ting that surprised me most about the goal was with how ordinary his attitude was when he struck the ball. It looked like he had been doing that everyday day for a year and knew exactly what was going to happen. It was a cracker and if he can score a few more like that and produce crosses like he did for Morrison''s goal on a regular basis he will be worth a fortune by the end of next season and a possible England contender. However it was only a 20 minute cameo against a Cov team that weren''t giving maximum effort so we shall see. Davo[/quote]

A bold statement indeed Davo!!!

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[quote user="Davo"]I was at the game today and the ting that surprised me most about the goal was with how ordinary his attitude was when he struck the ball. It looked like he had been doing that everyday day for a year and knew exactly what was going to happen. It was a cracker and if he can score a few more like that and produce crosses like he did for Morrison''s goal on a regular basis he will be worth a fortune by the end of next season and a possible England contender. However it was only a 20 minute cameo against a Cov team that weren''t giving maximum effort so we shall see. Davo[/quote]

[/quote]

It is indeed a bold statement but it was based on the pure quality of two moments. IF he can reproduce that in the premiership this season, and it is a BIG IF, then there''s no reason why he can''t play for England. England lack a right winger who can actually play the ball, Wallcott and Lennon are players who relay on pace, Bennett showed he has a final product.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote] It is indeed a bold statement but it was based on the pure quality of two moments. IF he can reproduce that in the premiership this season, and it is a BIG IF, then there''s no reason why he can''t play for England. England lack a right winger who can actually play the ball, Wallcott and Lennon are players who relay on pace, Bennett showed he has a final product. Davo[/quote]

Walcott isn''t a right winger. The sooner he is played in a striking role the better. Him and Holt would do well. [;)]

laps may shoot from distance but will he ever score again?  ther are city season ticket holders who wern''t even born the last time he scored, or at least it feels like that.

Having seen the highlights on Canary Player, both his cross for Morison''s excellent header and his own goal were pure class. Yes, both will be much harder to replicate in the Premiership, but the potential is there. I also like his positioning and tracking back which give him an all-round ability rare in wingers. He will certainly be one to watch!

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Having seen the highlights on Canary Player, both his cross for Morison''s excellent header and his own goal were pure class. Yes, both will be much harder to replicate in the Premiership, but the potential is there. I also like his positioning and tracking back which give him an all-round ability rare in wingers. He will certainly be one to watch![/quote]

For a second there I thought you meant Bennett scored an official OG!