Sign in to follow this  
buzz_uk

premiership teams worse then use

Id say we are better than QPR and Blackburn (once samba gets sold)And are capable of matching or bettering the seasons of Swansea, Wigan, West Brom, Wolves, Newcastle, Villa

I can''t see us finishing above West Brom, mainly because they have the prolific Odemwinge, or Villa because they have just signed N''Zogbia but also have Bent. Injuries may change that, however.   

On paper the only team I see us better than is Swansea. QPR at a push. But it depends how much Lambert can get out of the lads this season!

[quote user="buzz_uk"]so who do you think will be worse then us, i think it will be blackburn swans qpr newcastle wigan[/quote]

Arsenal!

Well, I reckon we will finish 14th with the following finishing below us:

West Brom

Blackburn

Wigan

QPR

Wolves

Swansea

...in roughly that order.

The mess that Newcastle seem to be in could put them in that bracket too, and I dont see Stoke or Villa having great seasons - for me after the top 7/8 it is up for grabs.

N''Zogbia is as much a liability as an asset. Sure he does a lot of dribbling but his completion rate is pretty bad, like 1 in 3 if I remember correctly. Fun to watch but if you are struggling against relegation that''s not necessarily what you need.

[quote user="Mahogany"]N''Zogbia is as much a liability as an asset. Sure he does a lot of dribbling but his completion rate is pretty bad, like 1 in 3 if I remember correctly. Fun to watch but if you are struggling against relegation that''s not necessarily what you need.[/quote]

You should tell that to McLeish, who has just spent 9.5m on him. Seriously though, N''Zogbia had a great season last time out, sored plenty of goals and that''s why Villa have invested in him and sold Downing. I don''t see any way Villa will struggle this season as long as Bent stays fit.

We won''t be better than Villa, they won''t be as good as they have been for a long time but they have an almost guarenteed 15-20 goals a season striker in Darren Bent and a player in Nzogbia who can be a match winner on his day.

Newcastle I''m pretty certain will be the suprise strugglers.  I can see them being in a real scrap.  I''m not sure why everyone is tipping West Brom to be bad because I think they have a relitively good squad and a great manager in Roy Hodgson.  Other srugglers will be ourselves, Swansea, QPR, Wolves, Blackburn and Wigan.  I think we will stay up but it will be another tight season at the bottom.

[quote user="Largey"]On paper the only team I see us better than is Swansea. QPR at a push. But it depends how much Lambert can get out of the lads this season![/quote]

So basically what you''re saying is all three promoted teams will get relegated this season?!

I think the Premier League will split into the usual "mini-leagues" this season: The big three - United, City and ChelseaFourth place contenders - Arsenal, Liverpool, SpursEuropa League possibles - Villa, Everton, Fulham, BoltonThen all the rest - any of the other ten could be in for a relegation battle, and I don''t see any of them being significantly better or worse than NCFC. The relegation places could be down to the usual unpredictable factors - injuries, suspensions, player unrest during the January window, managerial changes, boardroom changes, etc. Therefore we could finish anywhere from 20th to 11th. Not much of a prediction, I know, but I really do think the bottom half of the league could be that open this season.

Sorry but this is my opinion. Swansea, Norwich and Blackburn to go down for me.

I say Swansea to be only team worse :( Hope I am wrong!!

Who knows what the season will bring - sackings, injuries and misfortune will play a strong role.

However, posters thinking that we are definitely stronger than some/all of Wolves, Blackburn, Wigan, Newcastle, Villa and the Baggies need a reality check in my opinion! These are established sides with lots of cash and deep / talented squads.

I predict that we will be in the relegation dogfight but hopefully Lambert''s guile and our spirit will lift our heads just above the water level next May.

I expect Villa to play 4-2-3-1 with Given, Young, Warnock, Dunne, Collins, Petrov, Delph, Albrighton, Nzgobia, Ireland, Bent in the team. If you honestly believe Norwich are a better side I would say you are pretty deluded. Realistically for me the relegation candidates are Norwich, Wigan, Blackburn, Swansea and QPR. Are we better than three of those? Time will tell, but I reckon we will be.

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"][quote user="Largey"]On paper the only team I see us better than is Swansea. QPR at a push. But it depends how much Lambert can get out of the lads this season![/quote]

So basically what you''re saying is all three promoted teams will get relegated this season?![/quote]

I''m pretty sure you''ll find that the 3 promoted teams will be the 3 favourites for relegation, for the simple reason that our squads are currently no better than the other 17 teams in the Premier League. However as the season progresses and January transfer window comes and goes, this may (and hopefully will) change.

Only Swansea that''s for sure FACT.  This coming season is about whether our rag bag group of wannabes from the lower leagues can perform better as a team than many individual premiership show ponies.  That''s what this season is about.

"our rag bag group of wannabes from the lower leagues "

ragbag, wannabes ?

a snide and cretinous dig at Lambert, the players and the club

[quote user="Power Hamster"]I think the Premier League will split into the usual "mini-leagues" this season: The big three - United, City and ChelseaFourth place contenders - Arsenal, Liverpool, SpursEuropa League possibles - Villa, Everton, Fulham, BoltonThen all the rest - any of the other ten could be in for a relegation battle, and I don''t see any of them being significantly better or worse than NCFC. The relegation places could be down to the usual unpredictable factors - injuries, suspensions, player unrest during the January window, managerial changes, boardroom changes, etc. Therefore we could finish anywhere from 20th to 11th. Not much of a prediction, I know, but I really do think the bottom half of the league could be that open this season.[/quote]Spot on there Power Hamster.

Gene Tierney"]Only Swansea that''s for sure FACT.  This coming season is about whether our rag bag group of wannabes from the lower leagues can perform better as a team than many individual premiership show ponies.  That''s what this season is about.

Possibly very true!

Like last season we aren''t being predicted to do much by pundits and even a lot of Norwich fans but games are won on the pitch not on paper and names don''t mean b ugger all. I wouldn''t swap any of our new signings for QPRs ridiculous new signing "big name" Keiron Dyer!

I certainly think we''re capable of finishing above 3-6 other teams in the Premiership! 

Villa will be fine this season, they had an anomaly last year due to appointing a man that sadly due to health reasons cannot manage anymore. Under Mcleish they will finish mid-table, a team with a proven goal-scorer (Darren Bent) will not get relegated.

Wigan - Look doomed, just survived last year but without Nzogbia will finish bottom.

Swansea - The best team last year at home but losing key players and without a No. 1 Keeper will struggle.

QPR - Who knows? Lose Warnock, injuries to prone players (gabbidon/dyer) and taarabat sulking and they will be relegated. New Ownership and injury-free they can finish mid-table.

West Brom, Blackburn, Stoke and Wolves could easily be involved. Kean to be sacked first.

15) West Brom

16) QPR

17) Norwich

18) Blackburn

19) Swansea

20) Wigan

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Gene Tierney"]Only Swansea that''s for sure FACT.  This coming season is about whether our rag bag group of wannabes from the lower leagues can perform better as a team than many individual premiership show ponies.  That''s what this season is about.

Possibly very true!

Like last season we aren''t being predicted to do much by pundits and even a lot of Norwich fans but games are won on the pitch not on paper and names don''t mean b ugger all. I wouldn''t swap any of our new signings for QPRs ridiculous new signing "big name" Keiron Dyer!

I certainly think we''re capable of finishing above 3-6 other teams in the Premiership! 

[/quote]

True but would you swap any of them for Jay Bothroyd or DJ Campbell?

Crikey, some people on here are deluded - Villa and Stoke will finish above the relegation scrap no problems.

The general consensus being that we will be better than Wigan - well we don''t have to wait too long to see if that one is true, do we.

I think Swansea, QPR, Norwich & Wigan will be right down there, possibly/probably along with Blackburn and less so Wolves. It wouldn''t surprise me to see Wolves finish just above the mad relegation scrap.

The Premiership IMHO will be split into the following 4 groups - top 3/4, 4-8, 9-15, 16-20.

So the 16-20 group containing - Norwich, Wigan, Swansea, QPR & Blackburn.

I know everyone has to play everyone else over the course of the season, but our final 6 games do concern me -

Mon Apr 9

Tottenham Hotspur

A

Sat Apr 14

Manchester City

H

Sat Apr 21

Blackburn Rovers

A

Sat Apr 28

Liverpool

H

Sat May 5

Arsenal

A

Sun May 13

Aston Villa

H

We will most probably not be safe with 6 games left, which will mean that a win against only Blackburn from the final 6 games is unlikely to be enough for survival.