Sign in to follow this  
Adam NCFC

£3.5m bid rejected for Snodgrass.

seems that he can play on either wing so right wing seems a good shout with surman on the left hoolahan up top and crofts at the bottom unless lamberts wanting to get another in. Im not totally convinced surman will be able to completely cut it in the prem so snodgrass could go on the left with a possible new signing on the right.

This would have been my 1st choice signing!! Please please let this happen, I will be a good boy from now on I promise, just let this be!!

If this does go through Id be a lot more optimistic about us staying up next year where as before I was skeptical I know one player doesnt make the difference but our midfield and strike force would be very strong IMO just need to get some defenders in now and keeper

[quote user="Mervmeister"]This would have been my 1st choice signing!! Please please let this happen, I will be a good boy from now on I promise, just let this be!![/quote]

I reckon you might just get your wish. No way a little old club like Leeds can hang on to a player of this quality when the mighty Norwich come calling! :oP

[quote user="Mervmeister"]This would have been my 1st choice signing!! Please please let this happen, I will be a good boy from now on I promise, just let this be!![/quote]

Agreed, have admired Snoddy for a long time, what a great signing he would be!

I would love for this to happen, think he would be a massive signing for us. Not only is he still young but oozes class without being lightweight and has a cracking left foot, plus he could also play in a variety of positions which gives us added cover and flexibility as well as just having a great player on our hands. Ticks all the boxes for me

Anybody who thinks he''s being signed to give competition to Surman and/or Crofts is clueless!He''s being signed as an alternative to the diamond as he''s can give us width on both wings, but also would be able to play the Hoolahan role well, so will offer competition to Wes. I think that''s why Lambert is trying to get a winger like Snodgrass instead of say a pacey winger like Kebe. Snodgrass can play either wing and in the Hoolahan role, while Kebe would only be able to play on the wing.If this signing comes off, I''d be very surprised if we also try to get Pacheco again.

I think Lambert will go for another winger even if this comes off. We do need an alternative to the diamond especially on some of the big Premiership pitches, the option of stretching the play will be valuable, especially with the big striking options we will have next year.I would love to see Snodgrass at City, he was Leeds stand out player in League One and was their main creative influence last year, lots of competition going forward can only be good.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Silence from City 1st who took the pee at me weeks ago...........he''s coming here,  believe it oh shallow one. [;)]

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/leeds_reported_to_have_rejected_3_5m_bid_for_snodgrass_from_norwich_city_1_910815

[/quote]

Cant see Lambert offering more than £3.5m. That would upset the balance of the squad. Personally, I wouldnt pay any more than £2.5m. Good player, yes, but no where near Leeds'' valuation of £5m!

Based on this I cant see Lambert making an improved offer.

I think it''s his age that gives him a higher valuation. I honestly thought he was 27 for some reason (must be looking at the Morison transfer thread too many times) but now I realise he''s only 23 that is very exciting indeed. Hopefully plenty more to come from him and I''d love to get him here. Plenty of Leeds-supporting mates here bang on about him all the time and would be gutted to lose him, but they recognise he''ll move on without them if they don''t go up because he''s destined for bigger things. I don''t think £3.5m is too ridiculous for a young British player like him. Anyone with half an ounce of potential these days is £5m plus if they''re British unless you can get a real steal like Taarabt or Sinclair but they were unproven at any level really before they went to their clubs

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Silence from City 1st who took the pee at me weeks ago...........he''s coming here,  believe it oh shallow one. [;)]

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/leeds_reported_to_have_rejected_3_5m_bid_for_snodgrass_from_norwich_city_1_910815

[/quote]

Cant see Lambert offering more than £3.5m. That would upset the balance of the squad. Personally, I wouldnt pay any more than £2.5m. Good player, yes, but no where near Leeds'' valuation of £5m!

[/quote]He just has according to sky sports.

23, full of potential. Strong on the ball and tore us to shreds at Carrow road this season in the first half. I would have no problem at all with the club pushing the boat out to 4million for him. Very versitiale and skill full, yet can take and give a tackle. If we sign him as well as the current signings and a decent centre back, right back for cover and keeper for compitition I would fancy our chances against most of the bottom half clubs and a few of the middle to top 6. I think he would truely blossom with Lamberts dirrection.

[quote user="Tony from southrepps"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]He just has according to sky sports.[/quote]why? what has been said?

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]You think £2.5mil will sign one of the Championship''s best young players from a team who don''t want to sell him and still has a few years left on a current contract? In a year we are in a recession and money is tight anyway?I think that''s rather optimistic to say the least!

splash out and get him. we have the money and a player like snodgrass could be the difference to staying up or going down next season. he''s a level headed guy so I highly doubt money will upset the team morale as they all know how good the man is anyway. if it''s 5 million, what the heck just get the man in!

If the roles were reversed and Leeds were trying to sign Snodgrass of us we would want at least 5m for him, if not more. He''s a very talented young British football and in today''s market anything less than 5m would be a steal IMO. I''m really excited about this potential signing but fear other clubs may beat us to the punch if they decide to start a bidding war.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Tony from southrepps"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
He just has according to sky sports.
[/quote]why? what has been said?
[/quote]

so have we upped our offer?

no, sky were running a ticker line saying "improved £3.5m bid" so it seems the £3.5 m IS our improved bid.The guy on sky sports now says we''ve upped it to £5m, but that''s probably just because of this ridiculous story, in which the title says we''ve upped our bid, but the article disagrees with ithttp://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Leeds-Norwich-raise-bid-for-Robert-Snodgrass-to-5million-article744081.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Silence from City 1st who took the pee at me weeks ago" wiz

So lets look at what was said, as you say,'' taking the pee''.

Weeks ago you claimed we were ''Now in talks with Snodgrass" and very shortly after further claimed

" well he is at our training ground ..........................Thats my understanding "

When challenged on this by me and others you quickly backtracked by claiming " I wasn''t sure of this signing and didn''t claim, or suggest, otherwise"

despite you writing on Leeds mad and Norwich mad that Snodgrass WAS at Colney.

It was that spin. twisting of words and double talk that i and others were taking the pee out of. The fact that you (wiz) as well as anyone else would have known that Snodgrass could not be in talks with the club nor at Colney without the express permission of the club that holds his registration - Leeds Utd it didn''t stop you posting that lie on here, as well as on numerous other outlets.

At some point (wiz) you may post up something concrete and have the principle to stand by what you post, not throw a strop and run away at the first challenge as you usually do.

Whilst I usually defend the mirror stories and they are usually accurate (different journo this time though) what a dreadful bit of writing/headline writing. The headline and the story do not say the same thing at all and the net result is I am completely unclear whether we have upped our bid to £5m or alternatively if this is Leeds saying we will have to stump up £5m if we want him. Clearly there is a big difference between the two positions.

on the leeds forum, they reckon he''ll go if we offer a tad more. they are content with the money we are offering because they can invest in a few players in different positions. plus IMO snodgrass is a more valuable player than morison and look how determined lambert was to get morison, 3 bids i think, or 4? correct me if im wrong. but yeah, i cant see lambert calling twice and being rejected and leaving it. he would add the final piece of quality in our attack. if we want him, its there for the taking i believe.

"£5m is probably Leeds price.....

May be we could offer McNamee in part exchange?"

A couple of them are saying that they have heard we are offering Hoolahan as part of the deal. You have to admire their optimism or pity how deluded they are

I would absolutely love Snoddy here!! Hopefully Lambert has made his purchase a ''must'' and will wrangle his negotiations!

[quote user="alysha"]"£5m is probably Leeds price.....

May be we could offer McNamee in part exchange?"

A couple of them are saying that they have heard we are offering Hoolahan as part of the deal. You have to admire their optimism or pity how deluded they are

[/quote]And they think we would still owe them cash as part of the deal! Bless ''em.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Ridiculous believing we''d offer Hoolahan as part of the deal, although he''s older he''s worth more than Snodgrass surely.[/quote]

I wouldn''t say he is worth more than Snodgrass, I doubt we would find anyone offering us 3.5 million for Hoolahan, but to us he is an integral member of our squad and is worth far more than to be just used as bait to entice other clubs to sell

Can''t see us letting Hoolahan go! I think we''ll just have to give them the money if we want him that badly.