Sign in to follow this  
Cappsy

Why do we hate Wolves?

Billy Wright''s haircut and the bimbo Beverley Sisters tart he married.

I don''t hate Wolves at all. I live 13 miles from Wolverhampton, my wife''s a Wolves fan and so is one of my twin boys (the other, fortunately, is a City fan).

Muscat, however, is a different proposition altogether. He was hated by plenty of fans of plenty of clubs - the man was a disgrace.

Personally, I hope Wolves survive. It''s certainly another local game for me next season.

Not just Muscat for me, their fans are [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/AttentionScum.png[/IMG] in January 1980 we played them at Molineux in the 4th Round of the FA Cup and there was a Football Special Train laid on for the game which started at Gt Yarmouth and then picked up in Norwich.The game ended in a 1-1 draw but this wasn''t good enough for them and they were waiting for us at the station spitting at and punching and kicking anyone wearing Norwich colours, I can look after myself but women and children can''t, when the train pulled out of the station they were gathered on the embankment and put the train windows through with bricks and iron bars resulting a lot of people getting hit by flying glass etc.As I said their Fans are [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/AttentionScum.png[/IMG]

All the animosity started from that game where Bellamy got injured. I still remember that very clearly even though it must have been about 12/13 years ago. Bellars took a slightly heavy touch and chased after the ball. Muscat made no attempt to win the ball and took him out. I think there were also some issues when we beat them in the playoffs in 2001/2 and their fans decided to take about on some of our away following. To be honest since then I think its died down a lot and I dont think its a live issue anymore. Although I did find it bizarre that the Wolves fans felt the need to boo Bellamy throughout the entire game at Molineux last season.

[quote user="The 12th Devine"]I don''t hate Wolves at all. I live 13 miles from Wolverhampton, my wife''s a Wolves fan and so is one of my twin boys (the other, fortunately, is a City fan).

Muscat, however, is a different proposition altogether. He was hated by plenty of fans of plenty of clubs - the man was a disgrace.

Personally, I hope Wolves survive. It''s certainly another local game for me next season.[/quote]You''ve certainly got an interesting family situation there, No 12..........This subject has been done to death on here many times but basically a high proportion of Wolves fans are neanderthals. This could be said to be true of other clubs, including Leeds, but there really is no excuse in these enlightened times seeing City supporting women and children abused and physically attacked by opposition fans which has happened at Wolves on more than one occasion recently.Personally I quite like Mick McCarthy and to be honest I feel a bit sorry for him being associated with Molineux. Molineux  is a very smart stadium but Woverhampton itself wouldn''t win a contest for prettiest place on the planet. The town and the vast majority of the people in it are all pretty depressing.If Norwich City never play Wolverhampton Wanderers again it won''t be a day too soon.......

If you went to Molineux in the 1980s to 2002 then you''ll fully understand why!

Neanderthal thug like fans, who look for easy targets (elderly people) to attack and they are like Leeds fans in having a way, way overinflated opinion of how big their club is!

he actually causes ligament damage to that lad. which could possibly make him less of the player he would of potentially been, because he seemed young. scum. i hope he joins an english team so he can get heavy abuse each week

Is shocking some of the challenges that bloke made during his ''career''. Came across that video looking for the Bella''s/Muscat incident some years ago but couldn''t find it. Did however find this pearler from Bella''s ;)....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW3knh5VQ60&feature=related

(Apologies, don''t know how to link it properly)

Agree about Muscatt but Harry and Smithy sum up my feelings. Molineux is still not a safe place to wear colours even in these enlightened times.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]If you went to Molineux in the 1980s to 2002 then you''ll fully understand why!

Neanderthal thug like fans, who look for easy targets (elderly people) to attack and they are like Leeds fans in having a way, way overinflated opinion of how big their club is![/quote]

I remember walking back to the cabbage bus after the away playoff game, there was me and a mate walking next to an old fella. Someone dressed in casuals smacked the old guy around the back of the head so he fell on his face then ran off before anyone had realised what had happened. Pure cowardice scum.

They are a shity club with a shity fanbase of animals...they think they are big because they have a large stadium...they aren''t, they are a club of animals...so annoyed Brum went down and they didn''t!

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"]They are a shity club with a shity fanbase of animals...they think they are big because they have a large stadium...they aren''t, they are a club of animals...so annoyed Brum went down and they didn''t![/quote]Here, here, Sir Humphrey..........it''s spoilt my Sunday seeing them escape like that.I''ll think I''ll pass on the forthcoming bleak trip to come to the depressing Black Country.

[quote user="Harry"]Not just Muscat for me, their fans are [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/AttentionScum.png[/IMG] in January 1980 we played them at Molineux in the 4th Round of the FA Cup and there was a Football Special Train laid on for the game which started at Gt Yarmouth and then picked up in Norwich.The game ended in a 1-1 draw but this wasn''t good enough for them and they were waiting for us at the station spitting at and punching and kicking anyone wearing Norwich colours, I can look after myself but women and children can''t, when the train pulled out of the station they were gathered on the embankment and put the train windows through with bricks and iron bars resulting a lot of people getting hit by flying glass etc.As I said their Fans are [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/AttentionScum.png[/IMG][/quote]Harry - I went to this game with Club Cabbage - and their lovely fans bricked the back window of the coach.  Only side benefit to this was I was travelling to the game with a rather attractive femaile friend who needed some comforting. [;)]

Here''s something to make everyone smile. That w*nker Muscat in pain!

There was also the game when i think Marton O''Neill was in charge and we won 3-1 (i think) at Molineux and Steve Bull got sent off in the last minute, i think for throwing a punch at Spencer Prior. The Wolves nutters were more angry about bull being sent off than they were about losing 3-1. ashley ward scored a cracker and a Neil Adams penalty as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdLw64d6rNU&feature=related

When I was 6 or 7, and the away fans were housed underneath a tier of Wolves thugs, I got coined. Their fans are absolute scum.

Me and my brother were both mascots way back when too, me at Birmingham away, and him at Wolves away... Blues couldn''t do enough for us, let my whole family come round with us, and gave us loads of extra bits and pieces, and just generally made the day really special...

Wolves for my brother was absolutely crap, and they just rushed through everything with very limited access and would only let one family member go with him.

Muscat''s tackle cost us promotion that season, we were flying til he took Bellamy out. We didn''t even get a free kick as far as I recall. I remember when he came to Carra Rud with Millwall I think a good few years later, and got sent off, and the cheering was as immense as if we''d scored a goal!!

No i don''t think we even got a free kick nor was Muscat even booked.

I do succintly remember Bruce Rioch having to be restrained from marching onto the pitch whilst the match was carrying on because he wanted to ''have words'' with Muscat!