Sign in to follow this  
Mtv

Can anyone tell me this.....

Mtv, werent you the dad of the morphsuit guy who got beaten up at Forest? It is that morphsuit gang that act EXACTLY like you have just described in the OP...

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Mtv, werent you the dad of the morphsuit guy who got beaten up at Forest? It is that morphsuit gang that act EXACTLY like you have just described in the OP...[/quote]lol

No I havnt been in the paper shock horror two at least in macclesfield NO WAY??? And it was mtv slating the norwich fans not fu(king I think if u read it again I was defending the majority against one person who can''t stand congers or fans who don''t wear shirts so don''t turn it round on me if you can''t read ok muppet

If you read mtv''s post again macclesfield canary you will see he was sticking up for the fans who were doing the conga.

Bit sad that some t wats who are Norwich followers should have a go at other Norwich fans!

OK not everyone wants to wear replica shirts!

Not everyone wants to go around acting "ard".

Not everyone wants to dance about like wallys!

In my lengthy experience those who go around giving of a hardman image in the safety of a group, probably aren''t. The quiet ones are the ones you should look out for, the ones who make all the noise normally aren''t - That is oh so true!

Ruddy hell we won at the s cum 5-1, after beating them 4-1 earlier in the season. I''ve never seen better in over 50 years and I probably won''t again. Lets all enjoy the moment, instead of all this bull!

Woah there! I am just asking why city fans of any persuasion need to tell fellow supporters that they are c***s and to f*** off. Fans can enjoy the game and the atmosphere how they like. I enjoy watching them tbh.

It''s been a long long time since I have enjoyed a day and a game like that. and nothing much could have spoilt that as others have said.

My point is what I have said above and just wondered why these people need to spoil.

Back to the game...I didnt miss any of the game so never saw any of the delay, we were held up at the end going out but that was everyone I think.

I would have slept in the road and not moaned after that display, we were untouchable, unbelievable and would have given most teams a beating playing like that.

Exactly!

As long as fans are not being intimidating, violent or commiting other illegal acts then they should be allowed to celebrate a great win however they like!

My pet hate is the guys who think their hard in a large group, most of whom wouldn''t say anything if they were on their own and having a pop at fans wearing shirts because they think its not masculine!

I know more than a few guys who wear replics shirts to games who you would not not want to get in the wrong side off!

Most guys who go around acting hard actually aren''t. If they were hard then wouldn''t feel the need to go around acting hard!

We are all agreed then?

Now what a cracking bloody game that was.....I have to admit to being a bit nervous leading up to the game. I thought if any team could and would mess it up for us, it would be them. But the team and the fans were outstanding. From kick off you could see the desire pouring out of our team. They just refused to be beaten (as they have many times under Lambert)

I am a very proud canary fan!

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]MTV, are you actually Gok Wan? Morph suits, replica shirts, fila and Burberry...How to look good at the Footy...[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="mtv"]I fully expect to get dogs abuse for what I am about to ask, from a ''section'' of the warriors that post on here here goes...

When I was travel down on the train to 1p5wich, after a great day in the City with a whole host of City fans, They singing and chanting carried on, on the train going down there, nothing it seemed could dampen the spirit of the boys and men who were in the same carriage as me.

Well that was untill some of them decided to do a ''conga'' down the train. Down one way they went singing and dancing and then on there way back they came through our carriage and onto the next one. However this one had ''the boys'' in it, you know the ones, they watch green street every prematch and shop oin sports direct. Never ever wear colours, Na thats way to much for ''the boys''.

That lot soon dampened the spirit. Why though? Who are they trying to intimidate? Who''s side are they on? Never saw any of them defending the father and son who stood up to the binners? Those two proudly wore their shirts (as do I?)

It seems very strange to me that a group (a very small group) of people think in a very strange way that they are the only supporters that count, when thousands upon thousand of City supporters proudly wear their clubs shirts and travel all over the country to support their team at a huge finacial cost to themselves only to get sneared upon by a bunch of people who firmly live in the 1970''s without the fear of the violence that was prevelent then.

What is that all about?[/quote]To be honest, I really struggle with this element of supporting a football team.  We all claim to support the same team yet we look for ways to find a hierarchy, like a little game of "who''s a bigger fan".  The Fila & Burberry lot you talk about probably think you''re not a real fan unless you act in a vaguely threatening manner because they got a boner on when watching Green Street.  Then you have the fans who think fans who don''t sing aren''t really fans.  Fans who go to away games who sneer at those who only go to home games  as "plastic fans", fans who go to games and sneer at those who can''t get to games as "armchair fans". Fans who think we shouldn''t go to games at all because only true fans are boycotting the club and the stadium''s full of "sheep" or "happy clappers", who in turn moan about those who don''t join in singing, or who sit in the Jarrold and complain if someone opens a bag of sweets because it disrupts their sleep.  And this is when we''re in a period of glorious and unexpected success.  I don''t need remind you what it was like either on here or at the ground when Roeder/Gunn were dragging us into League One.Everybody wants to be a bigger fan than everyone else.  F*cking live and let live, for god''s sake.  It''s not a competition.  There''s room for everyone.

As your son getting lamped at Forest for been an over excited child in a morph suit not taught you anything?

[quote user="yellowarmy"][quote user="merson_dim"]a grown man in a replica shirt is embarrassing in fairness.
[/quote] I am one of those grown men, and to be quite honest i don''t give a rats ar*e whether you think it is embrassing or not, that is your problem not mine, i wear my colours with pride. Next you will be telling me i should not be singing either.[/quote]

Spot on., It''s my Birthday tomorrow and I won''t be seeing 60 again, I wear my City shirt with the pride it deserves, (WHAT EVER THE SCORE) I sing and dance in the Lower  E Barclay, I travel round the Country wearing the colours, and have been for more years than some have been alive. Age does''nt come in to it, If by singing, dancing, shouting for the Canaries, And With  a little adjustment to my pacemaker before kickoff helps keep  (ME) feeling like an OAP Teenager then so be it, And I will go on untill, well  we don''t want to go there, but I will be ordering my new shirt very soon.

So in answer to the OP  COBBLERS

ps will be in the Nelson tomorrow having a birthday bash with my son and friends prior to Kick off, you won''t be able to miss me I''ll be the old bugger wearing the City shirt running up and down the Bar     

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="yellowarmy"][quote user="merson_dim"]a grown man in a replica shirt is embarrassing in fairness.
[/quote] I am one of those grown men, and to be quite honest i don''t give a rats ar*e whether you think it is embrassing or not, that is your problem not mine, i wear my colours with pride. Next you will be telling me i should not be singing either.[/quote]

Spot on., It''s my Birthday tomorrow and I won''t be seeing 60 again, I wear my City shirt with the pride it deserves, (WHAT EVER THE SCORE) I sing and dance in the Lower  E Barclay, I travel round the Country wearing the colours, and have been for more years than some have been alive. Age does''nt come in to it, If by singing, dancing, shouting for the Canaries, And With  a little adjustment to my pacemaker before kickoff helps keep  (ME) feeling like an OAP Teenager then so be it, And I will go on untill, well  we don''t want to go there, but I will be ordering my new shirt very soon.

ps will be in the Nelson tomorrow having a birthday bash with my son and friends prior to Kick off, you won''t be able to miss me I''ll be the old bugger wearing the City shirt running up and down the Bar     

[/quote] Happy birthday for tomorrow pete!!

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Happy Birthday for tomorrow, Pete - Let''s hope the lads get the 3 points for you! (and us of course!)

[quote user="pete_norw"]So in answer to the OP  COBBLERS[/quote]If you read the OP''s post again Pete you will see he was sticking up for fans like you and me who wear our shirts with pride and like to sing and dance.

It may not seem like that at first glance (others have read it differently as well) but he definitely was.

I don''t know mtv personally but have spoken to him on another message board and he is 100% in his support for Norwich.

Oh and happy birthday you old buggar, if I spot you in the Nelson I will get you a beer.  [;)]

[To be honest, I really struggle with this element of supporting a football team.  We all claim to support the same team yet we look for ways to find a hierarchy, like a little game of "who''s a bigger fan".  The Fila & Burberry lot you talk about probably think you''re not a real fan unless you act in a vaguely threatening manner because they got a boner on when watching Green Street.  Then you have the fans who think fans who don''t sing aren''t really fans.  Fans who go to away games who sneer at those who only go to home games  as "plastic fans", fans who go to games and sneer at those who can''t get to games as "armchair fans". Fans who think we shouldn''t go to games at all because only true fans are boycotting the club and the stadium''s full of "sheep" or "happy clappers", who in turn moan about those who don''t join in singing, or who sit in the Jarrold and complain if someone opens a bag of sweets because it disrupts their sleep.  And this is when we''re in a period of glorious and unexpected success.  I don''t need remind you what it was like either on here or at the ground when Roeder/Gunn were dragging us into League One.Everybody wants to be a bigger fan than everyone else.  F*cking live and let live, for god''s sake.  It''s not a competition.  There''s room for everyone

Brilliant post and oh so true!

P ricks who think their hard and have a go at others for no good reason, I''ve absolutely no time for!

Everyone has different reasons for the amount of games they go to!

We''re still all more of a supporter than the gloryhunters who support one of the big 4 yet never go to games - we all know the sort I''m describing!

"No we''re not all agreed. I very much doubt I would ever agree with you about anything!"

Well thats ok, I sometimes disagree with myself!

Mullins....perhaps you would like to explain to everyone on here exactly what lesson I am supposed to have learned from my son getting thumped by three grown men? Please explain fully so everyone can workout just whats sort of a man you are (I already have btw!)

And as for the origanl post I have read it and re read it and it is quite plain to me what it says but let me explain what I mean......

I dont care who wears what to football, it is up to the individual,

I dont give a damn how many games a fan goes to, its not for me to judge anyone. I am lucky enough to be able to afford a home season ticket and some away games. there was a time when I couldnt...like many many others.

I think it is up to each person what they do and when they do it but I sure as hell dont go to football to fight anyone, banter...sure, all day long but I am there for the football as I have been for over 4 decades. I love it, my sons love it and now my grandsons love it. thats it

Anybody that wants to spoil that, and I sure there are plenty who do, well that says everything about them does it?

How can you work out what kind of man I am by me asking if youve not learnt anything from your son getting lamped at Forest, I''m not saying its right and im not condoning the actions of the kids at Forest that slapped your lad or the chaps on the train.

But, what you fail to accept is that not everyone wants to do the conga after a win, or go to the game dressed in a morph suit. These chaps on the train obviously didnt want to do the Conga and obviously couldnt be arsed with the lads doing the conga. you might say the conga do-ers were spoiling the other lads day!

The incident at Forest could have been prevented. Your lad was acting the fool before the game and giving Forest stick during the game and when your dressed in a bright green condom your are going to get picked on afterwards.

Why you have brought up how many games you have been to and how much money you have spent watching City is totally irrelavant to this argument.

Just because some kids wearing a Norwich shirt doesnt mean he''s automatically OK. Had a problem at Oldham with some kid sat at side of me who spent all game looking accross me and shouting obsenities at their fans, giving it the cut throat sign, then at Preston some dad got chucked out leaving his 2 yound kids in there on their own, got crushed at Elland Road after we equalised. All clubs have some arseholes, and everyone perception of what is an arsehole is different, I genuinley prefer the ''Hooligans'' that in general keep themself to themselves than the kids in the morph suits and the 14 year ols that use the C word in everyother sentance because therir mummies and daddies have let them go on their own.

Soooo....What you have failed to learn is attention seekers get picked on!!

Thats quite an intelligent reply for a person who fails to see the whole picture.......

You obviously havent read the whole thread or you would have asked why I wrote what I did!

As for anyone dressing up to go yo a football game, this has been going on for as long as football itself and is no reason for anyone getting picked or hit (and it was men not boys).

You assumption that they are asking for it is as neanderthal as saying women who dress in short skirts ask to be raped!

I am not going over and over what happened at forest, it is people like you that seem to want to keep dragging that up. It is in the past, it is done, it has been dealt with. So take a tip from me, get over it and move on, you are the one one who is interested in it know. I am as bored with it as everyone else is.

Moving on to the reason for the thread. I am just saying that whatever happened there is not need to tell fellow supporters to f**k off or call them c***s, just because they want to enjoy themselves.

If they had been in a carriage with a whole lot of non football fans then I could understand it.

Soooo if its ok to pick on fans that stand out perhaps we should just let the ''prats'' call the shots at football and move back to the 70''s.

I wonder if any of the ''hooligans'' will go up and smack that big lump at portsmouth who rings that bell and ''shows off'' by not wearing his shirt all match?

Or isnt he a good enough example of an ''attention seeker''?

I suggest you wake up and realise this is 2011 not 1970......oh and try and let your fettish for morph suits go.......it is obviously in your mind far to much!

Haha, did you just put words that I wrote into a sentence to suit you?

�You assumption that they are asking for it is as neanderthal as saying women who dress in short skirts ask to be raped!� - Cant you read, I said its not right to hit people because of what they are wearing, but unfortunately it happens. And the way to prevent it is by dressing normally.

The chap at Pompy is a character everyone loves him regardless of who they support. Young people wearing weird clothes (tut-tuts, morph suits etc.) and acting the fool are ten-a-penny.

�Moving on to the reason for the thread. I am just saying that whatever happened there is not need to tell fellow supporters to f**k off or call them c***s, just because they want to enjoy themselves� � Don�t agree, I wouldn�t accept people doing the conga when I was on the train home from work or going shopping with the Mrs, why should I accept it just because they are �fellow supporters� again what you fail to accept is that not everyone wants to do the Conga. Using a ridiculous example, (as you did with the rape scenario) If Ian Huntley was a �fellow supporter� would you want your son doing the Conga with him? Or would you be entitled to tell him to F-Off and call him a C?

These �hooligans� don�t really exist, there is very little trouble between opposing fans at games now. So these guys wearing the Burberry hats and Fila trackies whilst chewing a toothpick are doing no harm to anyone!

So in answer to my question No, you have not learnt anything from your son getting lamped at Forest.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="pete_norw"]So in answer to the OP  COBBLERS[/quote]

If you read the OP''s post again Pete you will see he was sticking up for fans like you and me who wear our shirts with pride and like to sing and dance.

It may not seem like that at first glance (others have read it differently as well) but he definitely was.

I don''t know mtv personally but have spoken to him on another message board and he is 100% in his support for Norwich.

Oh and happy birthday you old buggar, if I spot you in the Nelson I will get you a beer.  [;)]
[/quote]

Hands up, I never read it in full, just reacting to the thread, just shows one should put brain into gear before putting gob in motion, I''ll wear an over coat now   

half of these "boys" would wet themselves if they were on their own.. the try and act hard in a group out of of fear "what are they going to think of me if i don''t do this....if i don''t large it up.... I want these guys to accept me, will they do that if i sit on my hands or will i be the top man if i large it up to the conga crew"? You get the idea....I used to know a chap who was one of the "boys" I wont name names... he is a friend of a relative... He used to large it up and act hard when with his mates but on his own he was a softie, as soon as he joined that group of "top boys" it was an act.. trying to fit in... trying to find acceptance...When he was away from them i very much doubt he''d have been able to look someone in the eye without messing himself.. let alone act "ard".Its very easy to be the big man when you have 6 or 7 others to hide behind isn''t it? Relative of mine is in the police force, he tells me that when he deals with gangs of youths etc the loudest, gobbiest and "Hardest" one is always the one who retreats to the back when trouble starts... when his mates are getting a kicking from the other gang of youths he will be the one who wont pile in and will only fight if someone goes near him.. "hard" or "scared"? what do you think...