Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Watford v Norwich City match thread

[quote user="scrapy33"]We can''t afford to get Holt sent off. maybe send on Jackson???[/quote]

Holt is an outstanding player but he''s missed 2 he should of scored in the last 2 games, 1 to put us 2-0 up 1 to level us. Just saying.

I remember recently when none of us on here would batter an eyelid when we went one goal behind, because it was NORMAL! Nearly every match! But we always came back super strong in the second half and turned it around...

A genuine test of the lads metal now, folk. Bring back the 94th minute winners ;)

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Hell it wouldn''t be Norwich doing things the easy way would it?

If things stay as they are we drop to 4th

[/quote]

Exactly what i was thinking. It''s just not us to win games when we really need to lol.

I rarely make predictions, and I hope this isn''t setting a precedent for picking later in the week, BUT....we''re going to win this 4-2.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]What a shi te time of the season this would be to finally lose two games in a row. Bloody hell. Why now?![/quote]

Haaa it happens when everyone has there hopes up, not many people would have been bothered if we were mid table.

Lambert needs to lift the lads now, come out get an early goal and then keep the ball and have a good spell of possesion before killing the game off.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]What a shi te time of the season this would be to finally lose two games in a row. Bloody hell. Why now?![/quote]Pressure has got to them , plus we always concede .

We''ve been on the ropes many times before and a relief to get to half time only one down. If we can salvage a draw from this and get Wes back for Friday then it''s still game on.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I rarely make predictions, and I hope this isn''t setting a precedent for picking later in the week, BUT....we''re going to win this 4-2.[/quote]

I can''t even imagine how mental chris goreham will go on commentary if this comes true!

Spoke to my Uncle, he made an obvious but very fair point ''We will be promoted if we deserve to be promoted''.

Obviously this doesn''t make the tension any easier, but if we falter now and another team carries on gets the necessary points for 2nd then good luck to them.

[quote user="G"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Hell it wouldn''t be Norwich doing things the easy way would it?

If things stay as they are we drop to 4th

[/quote]

Exactly what i was thinking. It''s just not us to win games when we really need to lol.

[/quote]

It''s true though isn''t it [:)]  It''s not the NCFC way im afraid. 

[quote user="Tao of Lambert"]We''ve been on the ropes many times before and a relief to get to half time only one down. If we can salvage a draw from this and get Wes back for Friday then it''s still game on.[/quote]

I don''t think wes is going to be back for the rest of this season

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ron obvious"]Not looking good. Something missing at the mo.[/quote]Wes???Midfield looking too lightweight yet again?[/quote]

Not only Wes missing but our defence is missing too lol

[/quote]Not so much our defence missing, but it can''t cope when the balance in midfield is wrong.We have been struggling with the balance between creativity and winning enough ball and the defensive positioning of players in midfield when our attacks break down all season.  Hope that the "we will score one more than the opposition" way of playing is not going to be our achilles heel come the end of a long season.Still think that we can pull this back, but hope that we make changes in the next few minutes.

Will Malky be the first to do the double over us this season?...ironic if  so

At the end of the day as frustrated and angry as I get with the team at times, whatever happens this season the team and PL have worked their butts off this season.  I would have happily settled for mid table at the start of the season.

It''s matches like the the last game and this that have kept me grounded, and realise football really is a strange game.

Whatever happens I will be a very proud NCFC fan.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]we lack barnetts pace in the middle of our defence![/quote]Why?  Were our defence outpaced on Saturday, or in the first half tonight??Dont show Graham a yellow card ref, show him a red one!!!

At the end of the day as frustrated and angry as I get with the team at times, whatever happens this season the team and PL have worked their butts off this season.  I would have happily settled for mid table at the start of the season.

It''s matches like the the last game and this that have kept me grounded, and realise football really is a strange game.

[/quote]

Really fair comment, WAY. I do wonder if we''ve ejaculated a season too soon myself. But it''s funny how many of us, including myself, are talking with 30 minutes to go as though we''ve lost!. Long WAY to go yet mate.

[/quote]

Although i agree with what your saying, expectations can change. I certainly hope that the team will be gutted if they miss out on promotion this season, not because i think they will have underachieved just because thats the attitude to have. I certainly will because now i think we have the quality to do it.

If we made no changes during the close season would you be satisfied with staying up via a relegation battle next season? (what was predicted this season)