Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Starting Strikers

Start Pacheco for me, let see what he has against scunny. I would play him as a second striker too. That would mean dropping Lansbury i think. Would prefer to drop Surman but he gives us more natural width, Lansbury could spot some killer balls through for Pacheco though

Agree, save the Spanish wizard mainly for Portman Road. Let him accliumatize ''til then.

Their defence is immobile to say the least.

I would play Pachecho up with Holt for this one. We know Nelson struggles against pace and players with good movement who run at him. I think Pachecho with Hooly playing behind him could be a real handful. Its a game we should be winning and therefore probably an ideal game to give him a run out from the start.

That said Lambert doesn''t always chuck players straight in so hard to predict what he will go with.

Id imagine Vokes will be given the start just because he has been seeing first team football recently, but then I also wouldnt be suprised to see Holt, hoolahan and Lansbury.

mmmmm.... dfficult one this.

None of Holt''s strike partners have set the world on fire, but Martin, Jackson and Wilbraham have each had their moments.

Holt himself has looked a little jaded in the last game, but the break could be the respite he needed.

I think Lambert will likely go with a Holt & Pacheco partnership and keep Vokes as a reserve if Holt is looking tired.

He will want to see what his new strikers can do quickly as he only has 8 games left in the season.

Didn''t Hucks, Crouch and that guy from Portsmouth (Kevin Harper?) start pretty soon in the season we went up, when they came in on loan? Not saying we now have the same issues, the same types of players or the same type of loanees, but I''d get ''em in quick to see what they can do, as our attack (Holt excepted) have not been the sharpest blades in the draw.

Its great having so many options now.

From what i''ve heard and seen about Pacheco, he''s pretty similar to our Wes in that he likes to play in the pockets of space between the opposition back 4 and midfield. It will be very interesting to see if we can play a front 3 of Holt with Wes & Pacheco roaming in behind.

Holt and Martin PMSL, Martin hasn''t got a hope in hell of playing, he might just squeeze on the bench.

He will start with Holt and Jackon/Vokes, he will use Pacheco as an impact player bringing him on with 20 mins to go.

I think PL is much more likely to go with Holt and Vokes up front against Scunthorpe. Vokes seems a good signing to me.

Dani Pancheco will come off the bench.

starting with jackson or martin would be stupid. the records from both of them have been pretty rubbish and there is nothing to suggest that it is going to change in coming weeks.

pacheco is a talent and has a little bit unknown about him, i would definatly start with him. hes obviously fit or wouldnt be playing for spain under 21s.

i see vokes as the main sub with jackson/wilbraham/martin fighting for the last sub spot.

Holt and Martin (if Fit) or Jackson - these guys now know that they are under pressure but we must give them a chance A) beacuse they''re ours B) it was this pair that have helped us into second place.

If this doesn''t bring the required results then it would be fair to blood the newbies.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Holt and Martin (if Fit) or Jackson - these guys now know that they are under pressure but we must give them a chance A) beacuse they''re ours B) it was this pair that have helped us into second place.

If this doesn''t bring the required results then it would be fair to blood the newbies.

[/quote]

Sorry but there is no point in bringing in loan players if regardless of how good they are you are then not going to play them because other players "are ours." If Martin was fit then I agree I would start with him but he won''t be anywhere near fit. He hasn''t played for 2 months for a start. Jackson has done some good things in recent games but has shown in recent games that we cannot rely on him to take those crucial chances as and when they arise. I would be amazed if one of Vokes and Pacheco does not start alongside Holt ahead of Jackson. As I am much more excited about seeing the Assasin play and (although admittedly i''ve not seen him play before) think he will fit in well alongside Holt then i hope its Pacheco.

Go with the Xmas tree formation Ancelotti used to play at Milan.

----------------------Fox------------------------

Crofts------------------------------------Surman

----------Pacheco------------Hoolahan----------

----------------------Holt-------------------------

Holt and Jackson.

I think Jackson has been much improved in recent weeks and deserves the opportunity. Sounds obvious but he just needs a goal. I want to see him do well as he is still likely to be around next season. Does anyone know if he played for Canada at the weekend?

I would be surprised if Vokes or Pacheco start as I think Lambert will stick with the guys who have got us to 2nd in the table. If it aint broke, don''t fix it. He has added strength in depth and options and whoever he goes with, our subs bench is going to look very impressive!

[quote user="Clint"]Holt and Jackson. I think Jackson has been much improved in recent weeks and deserves the opportunity. Sounds obvious but he just needs a goal. I want to see him do well as he is still likely to be around next season. Does anyone know if he played for Canada at the weekend? I would be surprised if Vokes or Pacheco start as I think Lambert will stick with the guys who have got us to 2nd in the table. If it aint broke, don''t fix it. He has added strength in depth and options and whoever he goes with, our subs bench is going to look very impressive![/quote]

I hope you are right with Jackson (in that he just needs a goal). I agree his movement was good but his inability to finish nearly cost us the game against Bristol City. To say he has "got us to second in the table" is pushing it a bit given his contribution this season. None of our second strikers have really individually made a substantial contribution. Martin has arguably done the most as he at least played half a season up there.

I dont think it really matters who plays up front as long as they score goals. Jackson and Martin may be ours, but they havent delivered the goods. We are not at the stage of the season (or position) where we can sit and wait for someone to turn good, we need goals fast. Therefore the new guys need to be given a chance, because if not whats the point of bringing them in and wasting money on loan fees etc?

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]I think Holt with Pacheco and Hoolahan sitting behind him.[/quote]

Too much of a luxury to have two small guys in the middle of the park. Danger of being outgunned in the centre. I see Jackson starting with Holt and then Pacheco as sub. Depending how we are doing I''m sure he''ll try and get Holt off asap and give Vokes a good run.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="YellowLittle1"]I think Holt with Pacheco and Hoolahan sitting behind him.[/quote]

Too much of a luxury to have two small guys in the middle of the park. Danger of being outgunned in the centre. I see Jackson starting with Holt and then Pacheco as sub. Depending how we are doing I''m sure he''ll try and get Holt off asap and give Vokes a good run.[/quote]

Not going to be outgunned if we have Fox, Crofts and Lansbury behind them.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[/quote]

Sorry but there is no point in bringing in loan players if regardless of how good they are you are then not going to play them because other players "are ours." If Martin was fit then I agree I would start with him but he won''t be anywhere near fit. He hasn''t played for 2 months for a start. Jackson has done some good things in recent games but has shown in recent games that we cannot rely on him to take those crucial chances as and when they arise. I would be amazed if one of Vokes and Pacheco does not start alongside Holt ahead of Jackson. As I am much more excited about seeing the Assasin play and (although admittedly i''ve not seen him play before) think he will fit in well alongside Holt then i hope its Pacheco.

[/quote]

It''s a fair point Jim but I think it says to our boys you''re not good enough rather than you need to be good enough. - Taking yourpoint on board who are you leaving out Zak or Wardy as Edwards is here on loan?[*-)]

If I was the gaffer it would be Holt and Vokes starting with Pacheco coming on at about 60-70 minutes [Y]