Sign in to follow this  
ca

Kevan Platt NCFC secretary resigns

What a sad loser to make random stuff up. McNally just owned you on twitter

contrary to a post from Pygmalion on Pinkun, I have not fallen out with Kevin Platt. He left for personal reasons. #ncfc @NorwichCityFC

[quote user="Duffman"]What a sad loser to make random stuff up. McNally just owned you on twitter contrary to a post from Pygmalion on Pinkun, I have not fallen out with Kevin Platt. He left for personal reasons. #ncfc @NorwichCityFC[/quote]

They might fall out if he keeps spelling his name wrong though!

To be honest employees leave businesses all the time. There may or may not have been a falling out but ultimately the only employees of Norwich i''m really bothered about keeping at the moment are Lambo, his backroom staff and the players. Mcnally would be a big loss as well.

[quote user="Duffman"]What a sad loser to make random stuff up. McNally just owned you on twitter contrary to a post from Pygmalion on Pinkun, I have not fallen out with Kevin Platt. He left for personal reasons. #ncfc @NorwichCityFC[/quote]

Guess Pygmalion made that up to get a little attention, well thats backfired on him bigtime hasn''t it, wonder if he''ll be back.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Guess Pygmalion made that up to get a little attention, well thats backfired on him bigtime hasn''t it, wonder if he''ll be back.

[/quote]

His posts certainly got removed sharpish that''s for sure. And as you''re reading this thread David...

CHAD EVANS please [;)]

Given he tweets most probably.  Wonder if he likes the reference to McNasty - how it about Mr McNally?  Feels a bit like being watched by the boss?

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]WE NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO SAY GOODBYE[:@][/quote][:D]I did actually ''lol'' when I read that.

The Club, management and the fans must move on!!

There will be sunshine after rain it has always been the same

David McNally just tweeted this about the article on the clubs statement about Kevan Platt''s departure that has appeared on the Pink'' Un site:

"The article suggests that he was treated shabbily. In the circumstances, our statement was wholly appropriate".

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

David McNally just tweeted this about the article on the clubs statement about Kevan Platt''s departure that has appeared on the Pink'' Un site:

"The article suggests that he was treated shabbily. In the circumstances, our statement was wholly appropriate".[/quote]

Think he is reffering to David Cuffleys article which I assume is in the EEN or EDP today ??

His latest tweet says ''''Wholly inaccurate piece today from D Cuffley. No dispute between club and Kevan.''''

"The article suggests that he was treated shabbily. In the circumstances, our statement was wholly appropriate".

[/quote]

Well that says alot really, whilst remaining very tactful. Not wishing to upset Kevan or his friends on here, and as a fellow NCFC supporter i wish him well, but i wouldn''t mind betting there are a few posters on here (and i''ll include myself in this) that do or did quietly wonder if there was actually a very good reason for the statement to be as blunt as it was - if you get my meaning...

[/quote]

Well that says alot really, whilst remaining very tactful. Not wishing to upset Kevan or his friends on here, and as a fellow NCFC supporter i wish him well, but i wouldn''t mind betting there are a few posters on here (and i''ll include myself in this) that do or did quietly wonder if there was actually a very good reason for the statement to be as blunt as it was - if you get my meaning...

Theres a nice bit in the EDP from which you can see all the jobs that Kevan has done for the club, didnt realise he had been here for 30 years.

[quote]

A former pupil of Blyth Jex School in Norwich, Platt had served City for virtually his entire working life – and has been a supporter for a lot longer than that, attending his first match at Carrow Road in September 1968.

He later met his wife Ann through their mutual love of the Canaries. Platt joined the club’s office staff as long ago as 1980, his first appointment being as a lotteries clerk. He also worked for City’s travel club alongside another club stalwart Duncan Forbes, quickly becoming a familiar figure to fans who regularly hit the road to support their team.

He also served as club shop manager before focusing on administrative duties as assistant secretary. Platt worked under three secretaries at Carrow Road – Bert Westwood, Nigel Pleasants and Andrew Neville – before taking on the important administrative role himself in December 1998, first as football secretary and then, from the 2000-2001 season onwards, as club secretary.

Before that he combined his office duties with the job of programme editor, overseeing its production from the mid-1980s until he took his new posititon. The programme won a number of awards during Platt’s lengthy spell in charge.

Another string to his bow was the role of the club’s press officer, while he was also a key member of the Norwich City Historical Trust, a charity dedicated to preserving all aspects of the club’s history for future generations.[/quote]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

"The article suggests that he was treated shabbily. In the circumstances, our statement was wholly appropriate".[/quote]

Think he is reffering to David Cuffleys article which I assume is in the EEN or EDP today ??

His latest tweet says ''''Wholly inaccurate piece today from D Cuffley. No dispute between club and Kevan.''''

[/quote]Something about this doesn''t quite add up. First NcNally is tweeting there was no dispute between club and Kevan. Fine. So, why then did the club only put out a two line statement about a guy who worked at the club for 30 years? And then say it was completely appropriate "in the circumstances"? And react so defensively when Cuffley criticised the club for not paying greater tribute?To me, David Cuffley''s article didn''t imply that the club had treated Platt shabbily, other than it could have made a greater tribute to someone who had worked hard for the club for 30 years. If there was no dispute between the club as McNally says (and we have to believe) why couldn''t they have made that tribute?There is obviously more to this sudden departure than has been said publicly, and McNally''s statement that the Club''s statement was wholly appropriate might be completely on the mark, but I find NcNally''s tweets criticising David Cuffley rather bemusing to say the least.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Someone told me he''d got involved with a lap-dancer.....

.....or was that David Platt? [:^)]

[/quote]Or Splatt the cat?

[quote user="alysha canary_girl"]I guess this proves that Mcnally reads this messageboard then?[/quote]That Mr McNally is a really nice guy, super bloke,top geezer, smashing,super. I love to have a chat with him over lunch

before a game, in the directors lounge prior to taking up my seat in the directors box with drinky poos at half time.[;)]

[quote user="Mike Abram"]To me, David Cuffley''s article didn''t imply that the club had treated Platt shabbily, other than it could have made a greater tribute to someone who had worked hard for the club for 30 years. If there was no dispute between the club as McNally says (and we have to believe) why couldn''t they have made that tribute?

[/quote]

Is there a link to David Cuffley''s article please as I cant find it.

[quote user="Mike Abram"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

Something about this doesn''t quite add up. First NcNally is tweeting there was no dispute between club and Kevan. Fine. So, why then did the club only put out a two line statement about a guy who worked at the club for 30 years? And then say it was completely appropriate "in the circumstances"? And react so defensively when Cuffley criticised the club for not paying greater tribute?

To me, David Cuffley''s article didn''t imply that the club had treated Platt shabbily, other than it could have made a greater tribute to someone who had worked hard for the club for 30 years. If there was no dispute between the club as McNally says (and we have to believe) why couldn''t they have made that tribute?

There is obviously more to this sudden departure than has been said publicly, and McNally''s statement that the Club''s statement was wholly appropriate might be completely on the mark, but I find NcNally''s tweets criticising David Cuffley rather bemusing to say the least.

[/quote]

Does anyone ultimately really give a t**s? Do they have to put out a press statement every time a club employee (because thats all he was however nice a bloke he might have been or however long he might have supported Norwich) leaves the club. They didn''t actually have to put anything out at all. As far as i can see it won;''t make a blind bit of difference to the performance of the team on the pitch or my Carrow Road experience as a supporter.

Lets all get over it and get one with seeing if we can secure a double promotion.

Its getting cr*p over things like this that will ultimately drive people like Mcnally and Lambert away from our club if we are not careful.

[quote user="Mike Abram"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

Something about this doesn''t quite add up. First NcNally is tweeting there was no dispute between club and Kevan. Fine. So, why then did the club only put out a two line statement about a guy who worked at the club for 30 years? And then say it was completely appropriate "in the circumstances"? And react so defensively when Cuffley criticised the club for not paying greater tribute?

To me, David Cuffley''s article didn''t imply that the club had treated Platt shabbily, other than it could have made a greater tribute to someone who had worked hard for the club for 30 years. If there was no dispute between the club as McNally says (and we have to believe) why couldn''t they have made that tribute?

There is obviously more to this sudden departure than has been said publicly, and McNally''s statement that the Club''s statement was wholly appropriate might be completely on the mark, but I find NcNally''s tweets criticising David Cuffley rather bemusing to say the least.

[/quote]

I am not for one minute defending the guy but had all this been said by Doomcaster and not Mr McNally people would have been accusing the Club of spin.

People take jobs and leave jobs all the time... so why the conspiracy theories? NCFC is just another workplace and not the sugar coated wonderland some ''fans'' believe it to be.Move on.  He''s just another employee and will be easily replaced.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I am not for one minute defending the guy but had all this been said by Doomcaster and not Mr McNally people would have been accusing the Club of spin.

[/quote]

Absolutely agree Tilly. Ultimately people don''t really hate spin. What they hate is spin that they don''t agree with [;)]