Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

McNally: No rush to spend money!

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Or Wiz, if you had maybe have noticed our league position, and the fact we are still picking up quite a few points without our strikers scoring.... And Also, WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO do you expect to be signed on loan, that will be good enough? It seems quite obvious their isn''t anyone Lambert wants.[/quote]

As to whom? honestly? search me, but I''m not the manager with a list as to who''s availible.

[/quote]

Typical cop out shite from First Wiz then.

Ignoring my question for any particular reason?

[/quote]

Only in the sense that I refuse to answer these sort of questions YB.

However, as a one off I will for you, I''m only a member as I''m now retired so in affording games I have to be selective. I last parked my bum at Carrow Road on a Saturday afternoon in October last year, I then had tea at my sons who lives in the City and has a one eyed black cat. 

Now does that suffice.

The important thing is our league position at the end of the season, yes we are doing well now, but we need to "kick on" and we need to have strength in depth. Should we be without say Grant Holt for any length of time, who have we got to to replace him? I am not saying we should rush to spend the money but a couple of decent loan signings could be the difference between promotion to the Premiership and all the riches that would bring (even if we got relegated in the first season) and staying in the Championship. What needs to be borne in mind is that this season may be our best opportunity to get promoted for a while as the teams that come down from the Premiership will have even larger parachute payments than before.......

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]The important thing is our league position at the end of the season, yes we are doing well now, but we need to "kick on" and we need to have strength in depth. Should we be without say Grant Holt for any length of time, who have we got to to replace him? I am not saying we should rush to spend the money but a couple of decent loan signings could be the difference between promotion to the Premiership and all the riches that would bring (even if we got relegated in the first season) and staying in the Championship. What needs to be borne in mind is that this season may be our best opportunity to get promoted for a while as the teams that come down from the Premiership will have even larger parachute payments than before.......[/quote]

[Y][Y]

I agree with SOB that this year could be our best opportunity because of the increased parachute payments in the future. Basically going foward you would expect two out of three relgated teams to take the automatic spots. Otherwise it leaves you with a few clubs with richer owners and a few clubs from league one who can''t compete financially otherwise most teams are much of a muchness financially leaving us with a 1roughly  in 20 chance of getting promoted each year so best to go for it whilst we have better odds.

However, all the critícism of prudence with ambition is absolutely ridiculous nonsense. The first responsibility of the directors which is also a legal obligation is that the club is financially sustainable. If aynthing the new directors are even more prudent with the increased focus on improving the financial position of the club. I think most people though have grasped this financial reality following the economic recession.

[quote]However, all the critícism of prudence with ambition is absolutely ridiculous nonsense.[/quote]Indeed T, by talking up the ambition, they seem to have forgotten to be prudent enough to keep our pot secret from competitors in the market.  Any conversation regarding players in will have pushed the asking price up a couple of notches now.

Isn`t it a red herring to get into the prudence/ambition arguement?, the club have made it known that we have £2M to spend on players so presumably they are happy that this will not be to the detriment of the viability of the club. The trouble with these "feel good" messages is they have a habit of biting you on the bum, I am of the opinion that actions speak louder than words......

Yeah, lets spend 800k on another Cureton because we couldn''t sign the player we actually wanted.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Or Wiz, if you had maybe have noticed our league position, and the fact we are still picking up quite a few points without our strikers scoring.... And Also, WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO do you expect to be signed on loan, that will be good enough? It seems quite obvious their isn''t anyone Lambert wants.[/quote]

As to whom? honestly? search me, but I''m not the manager with a list as to who''s availible.

[/quote]

[/quote]

However, as a one off I will for you, I''m only a member as I''m now retired so in affording games I have to be selective. I last parked my bum at Carrow Road on a Saturday afternoon in October last year, I then had tea at my sons who lives in the City and has a one eyed black cat. 

Now does that suffice.

[/quote]

Sorry Wiz, No excuse, I''m retired and season ticket holder in the Barclay never miss an home game. have made a few away games too.  Right now where did I put that tin hat?

"The trouble with these "feel good" messages is they have a habit of biting you on the bum, I am of the opinion that actions speak louder than words......"Thoroughly agree SoB.  The worry is that Lambert will miss out on 1 because people know what he can afford.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

You know I''m a ''In Lambert I trust'' person, but the lack of goals up front may cost us dear this month.

And try as might, I cannot see Jacko or Wilberum improving on this situation...........can any of you?

[/quote]

Wilberum?  Maybe we HAVE made a new signing.....?? [;)]

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now does that suffice.

[/quote]

Sorry Wiz, No excuse, I''m retired and season ticket holder in the Barclay never miss an home game. have made a few away games too.  Right now where did I put that tin hat?

[/quote]

Then well done pete for being wealther than me. [Y] [:S]

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now does that suffice.

[/quote]

[/quote]So that makes you a ''better supporter'' than an old soldier who has become too frail to attend games after 60 years of support? Or the family man who has to work on matchdays to support his family? Or the disabled supporter who can''t make it to games because of access/transport problems? Or the single parent who has other priorities more important than football? Or those serving in the armed forces who are busy fighting for this country and ''out of the country''?I suggest you roll your season ticket up and place it firmly up your jacksy... as it only indicates you have the ability to pay for one and not that you are anything in particular.Being a ''true fan'' is a state of mind and not something you simply pay for.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now does that suffice.

[/quote]

[/quote]So that makes you a ''better supporter'' than an old soldier who has become too frail to attend games after 60 years of support? Or the family man who has to work on matchdays to support his family? Or the disabled supporter who can''t make it to games because of access/transport problems? Or the single parent who has other priorities more important than football? Or those serving in the armed forces who are busy fighting for this country and ''out of the country''?I suggest you roll your season ticket up and place it firmly up your jacksy... as it only indicates you have the ability to pay for one and not that you are anything in particular.Being a ''true fan'' is a state of mind and not something you simply pay for.[/quote]Sometimes I do find myself massively agreeing with you.It worries me slightly.[:)]

Why aren''t people happy with the team who have got us into the play-offs, and then spend the money wisely in the summer?

So that makes you a ''better supporter'' than an old soldier who has

become too frail to attend games after 60 years of support? Or the

family man who has to work on matchdays to support his family? Or the

disabled supporter who can''t make it to games because of

access/transport problems? Or the single parent who has other priorities

more important than football? Or those serving in the armed forces who

are busy fighting for this country and ''out of the country''?I

suggest you roll your season ticket up and place it firmly up your

jacksy... as it only indicates you have the ability to pay for one and

not that you are anything in particular.Being a ''true fan'' is a state of mind and not something you simply pay for.Excellent post, although sticking with this beautiful club for so many years for my sins is truly "something you simply pay for" chuckle chuckle.

"Being a ''true fan'' is a state of mind and not something you simply pay for"

a pile of sh!te, and well the poster knows it

What was being questioned was not wiz''s loyalty or of him being a fan, but how qualified he was yo comment upon players if he didn''t watch games - hence the question of how many games had he watched live ie at Carrow Road

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now does that suffice.

[/quote]

That''s fine. Was just wondering when you last saw a game. I find it difficult that people can criticise players that they haven''t seen though. Bit like my friend who lives in Spain yet knows exactly where City''s problems are and what they should do to rectify them.

Oh, and i hope the cat didn''t suffer in losing his eye?

[quote user="City1st"]"Being a ''true fan'' is a state of mind and not something you simply pay for"

a pile of sh!te, and well the poster knows it

What was being questioned was not wiz''s loyalty or of him being a fan, but how qualified he was yo comment upon players if he didn''t watch games - hence the question of how many games had he watched live ie at Carrow Road[/quote]Fool.An individual doesn''t need to sit in the House of Commons to be entitled to a vote on it''s performance.A game of football lasts a mere 90 minutes but the discussion which follows is endless. With the internet, television and radio, a person half way round the world can have a valid view based on what they see, hear and read.... plus there are no replays or slo mo at a live match. Action is often so fast or the spectator''s view obstructed to the point that those at a game often rely on the club announcement to discover who actually scored.Your argument is extremely anal. Being at a live match is about atmosphere... watching/reading/.listening to analysis afterwards is often when you really understand what happened. Therefore it makes a mockery of your viewpoint as being present at a match does not constitute a superior opinion.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="City1st"]"Being a ''true fan'' is a state of mind and not something you simply pay for" a pile of sh!te, and well the poster knows it What was being questioned was not wiz''s loyalty or of him being a fan, but how qualified he was yo comment upon players if he didn''t watch games - hence the question of how many games had he watched live ie at Carrow Road[/quote]

A game of football lasts a mere 90 minutes but the discussion which follows is endless. With the internet, television and radio, a person half way round the world can have a valid view based on what they see, hear and read.... plus there are no replays or slo mo at a live match. Action is often so fast or the spectator''s view obstructed to the point that those at a game often rely on the club announcement to discover who actually scored.

[/quote]

Partially true but there are things that you won''t see on TV such as the striker pulling out wide taking a defender with him which leaves space for the midfielder to come through the centre of the defence. Yes, people who haven''t been at the game can have a view but judging by some of the crap that people post on internet forums they have short-term memory with certain aspects of the game/play so people like First Wiz actually believe that shite.

Oh dear, you are quite a sad case aren''t you ?

If you weren''t so busy flitting between various user names you might have bothered to ACTUALLY read what I posted.

I didn''t express an opinion either way as to whether "being present at a match does not constitute a superior opinion."

To avoid any misunderstanding my previous post was in respone to Cluckwit''s warblings, not yellow rivers post

Personally, I''d be very annoyed if a percentage of Micky Foulger''s 2 million wasn''t utilised in upgrading the Cathedral Lounge......Mainly the carpets, the decor, bar improvements, installation of more than one gargantuan plasma TV, really comfy chairs, fine bone china cups, top of the range biscuits and expensive moisturiser and colognes in the toilets.......and of course, velvety soft, bog-roll.....Oh, and not forgetting scantily clad Zoo and Nuts magazine glamour models handing me my free matchday programme as I enter the ''plush for those who are flush'' lounge of lucre.....  

Let''s face it.....with the price increase of my season ticket......I only deserve the best.....The rest of you peasants can push and shove and clamour for a coffee and a stodge packed pastry and a plastic bottle of fart-fuel lager and squint to see the half-time scores on a 12" tacky TV....because you are a bunch of wallet welded tight-wads.....Oh yes you are.....

Who cares about the football? Social networking, guffawing with affluent chums, and all in first-class five star surroundings - is only what we deserve....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Personally, I''d be very annoyed if a percentage of Micky Foulger''s 2 million wasn''t utilised in upgrading the Cathedral Lounge......Mainly the carpets, the decor, bar improvements, installation of more than one gargantuan plasma TV, really comfy chairs, fine bone china cups, top of the range biscuits and expensive moisturiser and colognes in the toilets.......and of course, velvety soft, bog-roll.....Oh, and not forgetting scantily clad Zoo and Nuts magazine glamour models handing me my free matchday programme as I enter the ''plush for those who are flush'' lounge of lucre.....  

Let''s face it.....with the price increase of my season ticket......I only deserve the best.....The rest of you peasants can push and shove and clamour for a coffee and a stodge packed pastry and a plastic bottle of fart-fuel lager and squint to see the half-time scores on a 12" tacky TV....because you are a bunch of wallet welded tight-wads.....Oh yes you are.....

Who cares about the football? Social networking, guffawing with affluent chums, and all in first-class five star surroundings - is only what we deserve....

[/quote]Don''t forget the halftime lap dance that comes with the standard package.

[quote user="Twitchy"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]
Don''t forget the halftime lap dance that comes with the standard package.
[/quote]

Personally, I have no desire to watch a Scottish NCFC midfielder like Lappin gyrate his torso in front of me.....I''m sure that a few ladies (and some blokes) will be stimulated by the perma-tan footballers dancing skills.....and his displaying of his standard.....package.

[quote user="City1st"]To avoid any misunderstanding my previous post was in respone to Cluckwit''s warblings, not yellow rivers post[/quote]I really don''t think anyone is that bothered sunshine.Clear delusions of grandeur me thinks.Off to beddybyes with you now............

I swear i go off these forums for a while because users like First Wiz are starting threads just to grab attention, Banana starts 6 with no substance, and Cluck is (albeit wittingly in some cases) winding up half the population; and i come back to the exact same stuff!

"I really don''t think anyone is that bothered sunshine"

other than you perhaps - glad to see that you read the post first this time

let''s hope you remember to do that with all your other user names

Worry ye not morty, I just love the guy, unike myself at times, he sticks to his beliefs, and he doesn''t take crap from anyone, this forum would be poorer without the Cluckster, he''s unique.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Worry ye not morty, I just love the guy, unike myself at times, he sticks to his beliefs, and he doesn''t take crap from anyone, this forum would be poorer without the Cluckster, he''s unique.[/quote]I agree! And it would be lovely if he would pop along to the Pup''s meeting tonight, and I would gladly buy him a beer / Babycham.