Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

It's the supply line, not the strikers!

I reckon that''s our main ''weakness'' in terms of the quality desirable to achieve automatic promotion this year.

Rather too few chances, and further, rather too few clear chances.

That''s why Lambert had been so keen to get in Elliott Bennett from Brighton.

Let''s see who he brings in on loan.

OTBC

I think throughout the majority of our season we have been creating plenty of chances, however, the last few games we have been playing poorly and created less with the exception of yesterday, where we had a few free headers, Hoolahan set Holt through on goal and Wilbraham assisting C.Martin for a one on one with the keeper; I would personally rather see a striker on loan as opposed to another creative midfielder

Try and get it into your head that I am not being deliberately antagonistic, nor is there any "inner circle" conspiracy theory, but what do you base your theory on?

[quote user="morty"]Try and get it into your head that I am not being deliberately antagonistic, nor is there any "inner circle" conspiracy theory, but what do you base your theory on?
[/quote]

If you had phrased your question without the arrogant and provocative preliminary cr*p I might  have answered it, smarty pants.

But still. One love.

[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]Try and get it into your head that I am not being deliberately antagonistic, nor is there any "inner circle" conspiracy theory, but what do you base your theory on?[/quote]

If you had phrased your question without the arrogant and provocative preliminary cr*p I might  have answered it, smarty pants.

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]You really are a cock, you know that? I was giving you a chance to enter into informed debate with the grown ups.I won''t bother again.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]Try and get it into your head that I am not being deliberately antagonistic, nor is there any "inner circle" conspiracy theory, but what do you base your theory on?
[/quote]

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

You really are a cock, you know that? I was giving you a chance to enter into informed debate with the grown ups.

I won''t bother again.
[/quote]

Rather a cock than a hen masquerading as a cock.

So I''ll leave you to natter to yourself now.

[|-)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]Try and get it into your head that I am not being deliberately antagonistic, nor is there any "inner circle" conspiracy theory, but what do you base your theory on?[/quote]

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]You really are a cock, you know that? I was giving you a chance to enter into informed debate with the grown ups.I won''t bother again.[/quote]

[|-)]

[/quote]So, as I suspected, you bring nothing to the table once more.Seriously, why do you bother?

So in the absence of any substantial debate, or expansion on your point, I shall carry on regardless.In my opinion he wanted the player to give us a genuine option of 4-4-2, seeing as Macnamee can only really be regarded as an impact sub at best, in fact I don''t recall ever seeing him play a full 90 minutes.Also stats bear out that we are creating more than enough chances.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

You really are a cock, you know that? I was giving you a chance to enter into informed debate with the grown ups.

I won''t bother again.
[/quote]

[|-)]

[/quote]

So, as I suspected, you bring nothing to the table once more.

Seriously, why do you bother?
[/quote]

[|-)]

Isn''t it time for you to walk round to the shops?

[|-)]

OTBC

This is cringeworthy, I''ll leave you to your "debate"Good luck to anyone expecting one.

[quote user="morty"]This is cringeworthy, I''ll leave you to your "debate"

Good luck to anyone expecting one.
[/quote]

Leave it Morty - he''s not worth it.

Ignore the thread and the provocation - it''s better for your health.

Morty is one of very few people on here that do give a good opinion, the rest of the ''inner circle'' are mostly arse''s except a couple of exceptions. And what he''s said here is correct aswell... We create a lot, chances aren''t being taken. Holt looks dangerous, Jackson is far too lightweight, Wilbraham I think is doing well with headers, but he''s not really a goal threat, although yesterday he did look decent. Best I''ve seen him play. Chrissy is about the only person that will shoot outside the 6 yard box in open play, so at least he''s trying with the majority on target. As hard as we work, we''re not scoring.Striker please Mr Lambert.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

[quote user="morty"]This is cringeworthy, I''ll leave you to your "debate"Good luck to anyone expecting one.[/quote]

[/quote]You''re probably right, there was a naive part of me there that thought he may actually have something interesting to debate, as opposed to the usual formula of :-1. Make statement harvested from some website or other.2. When asked to flesh it out a little revert to babbling about a load of old pony.3. Repeat as necessary.[:)]

Sorry but no. The team have been passing the ball around, can keep possession and spray the ball around. Plenty of chances, strikers just a bit off form of late but we''ll hit our form and the goals will come. When you see how many times we are virtually in the 6 yard box but can''t seem to convert you''ll know that there''s no problem with supply.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re probably right, there was a naive part of me there that thought he may actually have something interesting to debate, as opposed to the usual formula of :-

1. Make statement harvested from some website or other.
2. When asked to flesh it out a little revert to babbling about a load of old pony.
3. Repeat as necessary.

[/quote]

[|-)]

Grow up

OTBC 

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]Sorry but no. The team have been passing the ball around, can keep possession and spray the ball around. Plenty of chances, strikers just a bit off form of late but we''ll hit our form and the goals will come. When you see how many times we are virtually in the 6 yard box but can''t seem to convert you''ll know that there''s no problem with supply.[/quote]Absolutely right we need more than Holt up front scoring goals. Look at Cardiff Swansea game decided by one class strike from a class striker Bellamy. We know Jackson could keep playing for another twenty games and still not score and I am afraid C Martin and Wilbraham are not looking great.Strikers when not in form snatch at chances, early on against Millwall we had chances but didnt convert and that has happened too often

But Cardiff have scored 48 goals this season and we''ve scored 47. A goal is a goal whoever scores it. It''s a team game. Maybe Cardiff fans are on their boards wondering why, with all their class strikers, they''ve only scored one more goal than Norwich.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

[quote user="morty"]This is cringeworthy, I''ll leave you to your "debate"Good luck to anyone expecting one.[/quote]

[/quote]You''re probably right, there was a naive part of me there that thought he may actually have something interesting to debate, as opposed to the usual formula of :-1. Make statement harvested from some website or other.2. When asked to flesh it out a little revert to babbling about a load of old pony.3. Repeat as necessary.[:)][/quote]

[|-)]

Grow up

OTBC 

[/quote]Tell me what part of my post is incorrect.Or waffle on about any old crap, your choice.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re probably right, there was a naive part of me there that thought he may actually have something interesting to debate, as opposed to the usual formula of :-

1. Make statement harvested from some website or other.
2. When asked to flesh it out a little revert to babbling about a load of old pony.
3. Repeat as necessary.

[/quote]

[|-)]

Grow up

OTBC 

[/quote]

Tell me what part of my post is incorrect.

Or waffle on about any old crap, your choice.

[/quote]

You''re doing it again Morty.

Step away from the thread...nothing to see here...

Grow up

[/quote]Aaaaaaw!!  Don''t CryCryBabes!

[IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/unhappy-1.jpg[/IMG]

Personally I think we do need a proven striker in on loan, although we eventually won against Millwall we missed twp or three gilt edged chances in that game and whilst it is good other team members are chipping in with goals yesterdays goal by Holt was only the second one scored by a striker this years....

We certainly aren''t direct enough and don''t cross the ball into the box enough but apart from Holt our strikeforce isn''t consistantly good enough!

We need a loan striker who can do twice what messrs Jackson and Martin do! 

Well, it seems that the majority of people on this thread think that Lambert and I are wrong.

Why did we try so hard to waste those scarce funds on Elliott Bennett in January if what we really need is a million pound striker instead? Any twist you put on it, Bennett is essentially a midfielder.

I know which company I prefer.

OTBC

I think both Jackson and Martin have more to offer than what we''ve seen from them this season, unless we were to buy a striker of around £3 million, i wouldn''t want another.

I dont think Jacksons been to bad lately, been a bit unlucky with the through balls to him being of heavy touch, but I still think he offers the goals and performance he gave us at bristol city earlier in the season.

No we didn''t get anyone in but we''ve got Surman to come back and lets see what Lambert does in the loan market - though I wont be too disappointed if nothing happens, im happy with the squad we have if they continue to give 100%, that said I would like us to clamp down on defending set pieces, not sure what the stats are but it does seem we''ve conceded are a fair few from them this season.

Well, it seems that the majority of people on this thread think that Lambert and I are wrong.

Why did we try so hard to waste those scarce funds on Elliott Bennett in January if what we really need is a million pound striker instead? Any twist you put on it, Bennett is essentially a midfielder.

I know which company I prefer.

OTBC

[/quote]Did you manage to watch a stream of the game on Saturday Bly? After a relatively poor first half, we again took the game to a team away from home, created plenty of chances and just didn''t put them away. Having Bennett would undoubtedly have strengthened the squad, and  given us even more creative potential. I think we all agree that our strikers are off form at the moment, and if one or more of them hit a purple patch we will not have any problems scoring enough goals.