Sign in to follow this  
Yella Foreva

Barnetts Replacement

David Edgar a good shout and probably realistic wages. As has been mentioned already, his loan move to Swansea has just fallen through.

There were reports a couple of months ago linking us with him.

As well as centre back, he can also play full back, so useful cover for Russell Martin, too.

[quote user="CambsCanary"]David Edgar a good shout and probably realistic wages. As has been mentioned already, his loan move to Swansea has just fallen through. There were reports a couple of months ago linking us with him. As well as centre back, he can also play full back, so useful cover for Russell Martin, too.[/quote]the loan did not fall through, he was refused a work permit which has to be renewed if players move between british clubs.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="CambsCanary"]David Edgar a good shout and probably realistic wages. As has been mentioned already, his loan move to Swansea has just fallen through. There were reports a couple of months ago linking us with him. As well as centre back, he can also play full back, so useful cover for Russell Martin, too.[/quote]the loan did not fall through, he was refused a work permit which has to be renewed if players move between british clubs.[/quote]

Not a work permit issue, as Edgar holds a British passport, but a technical issue as Swansea is a Welsh club and it was considered an "international transfer" and thus required clearance from FIFA who weren''t happy that the paperwork was filled out properly and couldn''t sanction a season long loan. There is a chance Edgar could go to Swansea on an emergency loan agreement though, just the same way he could come to Norwich.

Here is a list of potential (realistic) options...

Jody Craddock (Wolves) - not really played this season but is very much proven at this level.

Stuart Parnaby (Birmingham) - dosn''t play and again is proven at this level.

Wes Brown (Man U) - bit ambitious but has only played in 5 league games this season.

Tony Hibbert (Everton) - Normally a right back but could play centre back i would imagine.

Pablo (West Brom) - not playing for them.

Habib Beye (Villa) - linked with loan move recently.

Jonathan Spector (West Ham) - only really played in cup games.

Danny Gabbidon (West Ham) - not a regular starter for them.

Sol Campbell (Newcastle) - maybe but would think wages are much to high for us.

Any of these would in my opinion would be a fantastic signing!

Lets get real, Richard Dunne would not come and sign for us on loan!  The same goes for Wes Brown, Tony Hibbert and Jonathon Spector.  Boyata is a shout though but I can''t see it happening after Lambert said he wanted someone with experience.  Also isn''t Habib Beye a right back?  I wouldn''t want him here anyway.  Sol Campbell? No thanks.

Tbh I haven''t got a clue who we should go for but I highly, highly doubt the above will come here!

I agree, and who''s to say were even going to sign a loan player from the premiership, could be 1 from championship. Richard Dunne and Wes Brown thats funny. I like the look of that Danny Wilson at Liverpool, he''s going to be some player, he played for Liverpool in Europa League last night, but he''s got Agger, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos and Carragher ahead of him.

this is a bit of a longshot, but what about Phillipe Senderos at Fulham, just come back from injury and could do with some match fitness.

I know this is slightly different, but looking through list of free agents, i noticed former leeds player Rui Marques.

Probably not good enough to be a regular but wouldn''t be a bad squad player until the end of the season in case of emergency.

There''s an experienced, ex-Premiership defender at Charlton?

[quote user="I.S."]There''s an experienced, ex-Premiership defender at Charlton?
[/quote]

Christian Dailly?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]What, Christian Dailly?  Nah, past it [;)]
[/quote]

Beat you to it, my friend.

[quote user="Iwan legend"]We want experienced players, not OAPs![/quote]

To be fair, we weren''t seriously suggesting Christian Dailly ;-)

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]What, Christian Dailly?  Nah, past it [;)][/quote]

Beat you to it, my friend.

[/quote]I was going to put ginger, but that would have been too easy [;)]

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Iwan legend"]We want experienced players, not OAPs![/quote]

To be fair, we weren''t seriously suggesting Christian Dailly ;-)

[/quote]

My bad :)

Hmmm. Been thinking about this a bit.

I thought of Yobo at Everton but he is already on loan abroad so that''s one off the list.

Maybe Faye of Stoke? Hunting through the bbc''s squad lists to see possibilities!