Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

Something going on!!

Could be something and nothing really. Our lack of reserve football means that the only way to get players match practise now is to loan them out.But we can hope!

Opened this hoping it would say Lambert, McNally & Delia had parked their cars Le Mans style on Carrow Road...expect a big announcement.

By the way, the chap that posted that last week...that post was brilliant!

Well I bloody hope something is, otherwise we are going to be seriously short of bodies comes Febuary. I dont really rate any of the players who ahve been let out on loan but they were all capeable of playing the odd game if needed.

Same thought just crossed my mind, cant remember when we had so many players out on loan. Agree that lack of reserve football is an issue but still feel/hope that this could be the start of something big!

Looks like Lansbury is back on loan untill the end of the season so we have possibly given up on Bennett

[quote user="morty"]Could be something and nothing really. Our lack of reserve football means that the only way to get players match practise now is to loan them out.

But we can hope!
[/quote]BAHH HUMBUG!!! go back to see Morty!!!

Come on getr caught up in it all!!!! just because u have been away for a while...[;)] lol

P.S i love u xxxxxxxxx

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="morty"]Could be something and nothing really. Our lack of reserve football means that the only way to get players match practise now is to loan them out.

But we can hope!
[/quote]BAHH HUMBUG!!! go back to see Morty!!!

Come on getr caught up in it all!!!! just because u have been away for a while...[;)] lol

P.S i love u xxxxxxxxx

[/quote]SEA not see DOH!!! better correct it before the spelling Police have a field day

Don''t forget he said Steven Smith is going to go most likely too. Cody is out all season and Adeyemi out too on loan. Got loads out on loan. We''ve put about 4/5 people out this month alone and brought in Tierney and Wilbraham as new additions. I think one month loans are good to get those fringe players up to speed in case of emergency, but still makes you think someone must be coming in.. Oh I forgot Francomb came back.. so 2 keepers (Declan injured), 2 right backs, 2 left backs, 4 centre backs (Elliott still out?), 8 midfielders (1 real winger, Surman still out), 4 strikers.. ?? something like that anyway..

The loan arrangements so far seem like good housekeeping to me; getting fringe players some game time and freeing a bit of the wage bill for a while. Then there''s Lansbury signed up until the end of the season - if he''s available and the Bennett deal is still being negotiated then you would wouldn''t you? Should the Bennett transfer come about then even better - if it doesn''t we''re still decent.

The pattern so far is that if PL wants a player he goes about it quietly and completes. The first we know is when it''s done and dusted. Should his interest in a certain player hit the press (as with Anthony MacNamee and Simeon Jackson) he pursued and eventually got those players in. Maybe that''s a yardstick for Bennett? 

I suspect if not Bennett, we can expect another surprise because PL will have been promised at least some extra funding to fend off the approach of other clubs for his managerial services. As a matter of personal pride PL will not want to see Eddie Howe and Burnley overtake him in the league...

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[quote user="morty"]Could be something and nothing really. Our lack of reserve football means that the only way to get players match practise now is to loan them out.But we can hope![/quote]BAHH HUMBUG!!! go back to see Morty!!!

P.S i love u xxxxxxxxx

[/quote]Ha, yeah you''re right Dave, I do feel a bit out of it, I need a match under my belt to renew my enthusiasm!!xxx

Lambert kept saying what a small squad he had. Wasn''t true. It had become bloated. Even now (if you include Lansbury and exclude Hughes) we still have 22 players available all with solid first-team experience. And that is without any more signings.

In some cases (Daley, Johnson, Askou???) it doesn''t look as if Lambert wants them back. In other cases (Gill, Hughes??) it may be a case of them getting some football (which they''re not getting at the moment ) in case they''re needed towards the end of the season.

PS FOR MORTY:

Morty, don''t know if you remember but a few months ago we had a discussion here about ticketing policy, and I said there was one change I suspected the board would make for 2011-12, but I didn''t mention it on the off chance they hadn''t thought of it. Given that we are told they look at this message-board.

Well, of course they had thought of it. Scrapping the "pay five years ahead" scheme for season tickets. And not just five years ahead. You can''t now pay any years ahead. Hey ho.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Lambert kept saying what a small squad he had. Wasn''t true. It had become bloated. Even now (if you include Lansbury and exclude Hughes) we still have 22 players available all with solid first-team experience. And that is without any more signings.

In some cases (Daley, Johnson, Askou???) it doesn''t look as if Lambert wants them back. In other cases (Gill, Hughes??) it may be a case of them getting some football (which they''re not getting at the moment ) in case they''re needed towards the end of the season.

PS FOR MORTY:

Morty, don''t know if you remember but a few months ago we had a discussion here about ticketing policy, and I said there was one change I suspected the board would make for 2011-12, but I didn''t mention it on the off chance they hadn''t thought of it. Given that we are told they look at this message-board.

Well, of course they had thought of it. Scrapping the "pay five years ahead" scheme for season tickets. And not just five years ahead. You can''t now pay any years ahead. Hey ho.

[/quote]Ah yeah, I remember that. That Mcnally bloke is waaaay cleverer than we are! Which I am glad about in many ways, there have been too many loopholes in recent years where people who have the money to stump up, upfront, can get quite ridiculous bargains. Its almost like the previous regime thought our loyalty was delicate, and if they didn''t offer such incentives then people wouldn''t put their bums on seats. But I think they now realise that although people will moan about prices, our loyalty isn''t in question, and we will still turn up.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

PS FOR MORTY:

[/quote]

Ah yeah, I remember that. That Mcnally bloke is waaaay cleverer than we are!
[/quote]

---

That''s the royal "we" you''re using there, I take it![:P][:D][:P]

Morty, it does make me laugh that some of the posters who were frequently posting outraged "I won`t be paying THAT" type posts on the price rise threads at the start of the season, are now just as common on the threads discussing the teams performance at the latest home game!!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

PS FOR MORTY:

[/quote]Ah yeah, I remember that. That Mcnally bloke is waaaay cleverer than we are![/quote]

---

That''s the royal "we" you''re using there, I take it![:P][:D][:P]

[/quote]Indeed![:D]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Morty, it does make me laugh that some of the posters who were frequently posting outraged "I won`t be paying THAT" type posts on the price rise threads at the start of the season, are now just as common on the threads discussing the teams performance at the latest home game!![/quote]We have had it too good for too long, if we want success we''re going to have to pay for it, theres no one waiting in the wings with a big bag of cash to buy it for us!Of course the whole equation dynamic would immediately change if we were to start playing poorly, which perhaps illustrates the need in recent years to keep the very soft pricing policy in place, perhaps before Lambert (all praise him, for he is the messiah) people would have started staying away had it not been so cheap.

Spot on Morty. But i`m sure we both know the pointless and baseless whinge is a coveted Norfolk institution! ;-)