Sign in to follow this  
xxxx

Burnley ask to speak to Lambert

[quote user="Congo Canary"]Absolutely no chance! What on earth can Burnley offer that we can''t? Average Championship club, surviving on parachute payments, with a very average weekly attendance.

The fallout if PL was to be allowed to walk away, (who''s to say he even wants to), would be far greater than our relegation to the third tier, and a situation i doubt Delia and co would recover from. I think we are all aware there is more money available than the club lets on, so sleep well people, it just aint gonna happen, and if it does, i''ll bare my @rse outside the forum,(enough for a few sleepless night there i think)[/quote]Exactly, Lamberts a very clever man. He weighed up the colchester/norwich situation and found norwich are far superior in every way...similar to Burnley me thinks. Hes a smart man and Burnley is Not the smart option.

[quote user="cityislife"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="cityislife"]Just been confirmed permission NOT granted.
[/quote]

Means nothing, contact as obviously been made with Lambert, I still fear the worst

[/quote]

''means quite alot really''
[/quote]

Explain, everyone else seems to think it means nothing

He''s going nowhere. There''s no logic in it, Lambert doesn''t strike me as being money driven, it''s ambition and potential that drives him. Right now our promotion proespects are looking far better than Burnley''s

There really isn''t a great deal the club can do if Lambo does decide to go, even if it is to Burnley. There''s numerous reasons why it doesn''t make a great deal of sense to us, but at the end of the day if he wants to walk he will.

If it happens I don''t see any reason for ''blame'' on anyone''s part at the club. All this talk of backlash against Delia et al is rather daft.

Darren Huckerby on Twitter:

''We''ve come out and said No, won''t make any difference if he wants to go! Burnley would''ve known that already, could destroy season!''.

Fingers crossed he wants to stay. I would be so so gutted if he just walked out on us at this stage of the season.

Burnley would have been told by PL''s agent that their was no point in trying to speak to him. Maybe the agent has indicated that this could be a goer.

At the end of the day all of this worrying is going to do nothing. If he goes, he goes, like many have said he hasnt been known for commitment in the past and I guess this will show his true character. If he stays then brilliant, we can get on with things as usual. Whatever happens, Norwich City FC will still be in existnce, we wont have our position in the league taken away from us, we will still have the same players; and if they had any sense they would make sure that they prove to not only Lambert, but also everyone out there that the position we are in is down to them, not him. Like Lambert himself likes to remind us, no one man is bigger than the team.

Just because Burnley have approached us doesnt exactly mean that he is at the top of their list, or that he has necessarily expressed any desire to join them. Their other top targets may be free agents, and therefore they would not need to publicise that they were aproaching them. It may simply be that they are softening the blow by raising the fans hopes and then when a mediocre manager comes in they can say ''well at least we tried''. Or they may have head hunted him and have expressed a desire in him by releasing this statement to put Lambert on the spot, if you want the job its here for you, or simply just to unnerve the team. If we keep Lambert this is going to be something we have to put up with, and things wont necessarily get easier with all of the potentual managerless premier league clubs that might be avaliable in the next few weeks, lets not forget he is one of the most highly rated managers. Ok we havent come out and denied it, but to me this can only be a good thing. The club cant issue a statement everytime a job becomes avaliable, because no doubt lambert will be somewhere on every manager shortlist. The statement was issued at 10pm lets not forget, McNally isnt going to want to go into his office at this time to issue a statement either way simply to settle our nerves and media specualtion. To him it only matters if he knows whether Lambert is staying or going, is not an urgent matter that cant wait until the morning.

We all know that he would be stupid to leave us with the position that we are in. We are here through our own efforts, not through having the most money, and all this talk of over achieving is rubbish, we are 3rd on merit and have good quality players. We have many players out, and can still beat QPR! There are so many posatives going for this club, I really cannot see him leaving it, and I think we all should remember what is happening here at the club, Im sure like we all do, Lambert will want to be part of this too.

[quote user="canaryspike7"]Darren Huckerby on Twitter: ''We''ve come out and said No, won''t make any difference if he wants to go! Burnley would''ve known that already, could destroy season!''. Fingers crossed he wants to stay. I would be so so gutted if he just walked out on us at this stage of the season. Burnley would have been told by PL''s agent that their was no point in trying to speak to him. Maybe the agent has indicated that this could be a goer.[/quote]

Is Hucks trying to cheer us up? [:$]

Still dont understand what would attract him to Burnley and their 14,000 crowds?

Lambert''s not someone who''s going to go somewhere for money, it''s all about who''ll further his career the most, right now that''s Norwich.

Sky Sports News just confirmed that the approach for Paul Lambert has been rejected. Lets all hope that we wake up to a few reports like ''How I laughed when I heard of this approach - Paul Lambert'' or ''I simply told Burnley to Fuck Off - Mcnally'' :)

As I said in another thread  "the thing that worries me which has also been mentioned by someone else is that in the NCFC statement, it was said that we will fight tooth and nail to keep him here....sounds good that we will fight for him but it also suggests that Lambert has shown interest, if not why would have to fight tooth and nail to keep him if he wa committed to us? "

Where''s our Dunston Hall ''insider'' when we need him/her?Come on, is he still there? Or checked out? Get round there and knock on his room door and ask what''s going on[;)][;)][;)]

If I was to bet on where PL would be this time tomorrow, it would be in talks with Burnley. Only because having money on it would mildly soften the blow if he did leave.

I think Burnley wouldn''t make this public if they didn''t think Lambert was interested. They''ve obviously been given the green light by someone, whether it be PL''s agent, Lambert himself. Who knows.

My mates brothers sisters  friend who is a cleaner there, said a couple of men arrived earlier wearing Burnley suits, picked Lambert up who was at the time having his last Delia pie, before all of them departed swiftly in a rusty ford which had a sticker in the back saying, just hired!

I guess thats it guys

Lambert won''t go... just yet. Depending what happens come the end of the season, he may well be managing in the Premiership next year either with us, or another club far bigger than either us or Burnley.

Can''t believe we are taking this seriously, got more chance of him taking over down the road, and we know that''ll never happen!

Once their parachute payments stop, and the reality of high(ish),earners and poor attendances kick in, mass clearout ensues followed by numerous seasons of mediocrity languishing around 15th. We''re going places.....

I posted about this earlier and then I couldnt find the link so couldnt back it up, but I had the impression they were saying the 6 shortlisted guys had all applied for the job. It just so happens that most of the other candidates now have other options. They also state in their version of the edp that Lambert was always the number one candidate.

[quote user="Jacko"]Sheff Utd wanted Sean O''Driscoll and Andy Scott, they got neither, approach doesn''t necessarily mean that the manager wants to go there.[/quote]

Exactly what i''ve been saying mate

I know money has a lot to do with it....

But i still don''t see why Lambert to Burnley would happen!!! Whats the point in building a team, and i believe in his last press conference (after monday game?) he talked about his other transfer targets...

If it was this strongly rumoured with any prem club, then i might believe it, but Burnley...why?

I guess if they want him that bad then he wouldn''t have to apply. I think all this is is that Burnley have seen the success Lamber has and is having and obviously see him as the man to take them forward. They know that he is unlikely to want to move just yet, but as the saying goes ''if you dont try you will never know''. By making a move and letting him know it makes Lambert aware they are interested anf if he wants to go to them, he will go.

Closer to his family , plenty of money to spend , and player for player their squad is probably better than ours .We are an over achieving squad of mostly league 1 players , give Lambert the Burnley squad and a few million to spend and they would soon make up the few points advantage we have on them .