Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

Commons

According to the press, Derby have told Rangers that they will have to pay 750k to get him, it may be to do with the fact pre contract aggreement, I don''t know.

Now I realise that the world and his wife will want him, but think we should bust a gut to get him, get him, I would say promotion would be certain.

I can dream I suppose.

He would cerrtainly be an excellent acquistion for somebody, and in leaving Derby condemn them to a struggle. (Perhaps an offer of in excess of £750k would swing him our way? I suspect there could be an auction!)

He makes goals and scores goals, and is a truly dominant player. He is a type we do not have.

Sadly I think that we would be well down his shopping list, and he will probably go to the SPL or the EPL. There''s not much chance of our getting him.

[quote user="Salopian"]He would cerrtainly be an excellent acquistion for somebody, and in leaving Derby condemn them to a struggle. (Perhaps an offer of in excess of £750k would swing him our way? I suspect there could be an auction!)

He makes goals and scores goals, and is a truly dominant player. He is a type we do not have.

Sadly I think that we would be well down his shopping list, and he will probably go to the SPL or the EPL. There''s not much chance of our getting him.[/quote]Not many sides are lucky enough to have that type of player, but i''d say we do, in more respects than one.Nevertheless, someone of that quality is of course always welcome to our club at this level (not to say we have as much as a remote chance of getting him).

Would be a great acquisition but destined for another club IMHO, although he is out of contract in the summer if teams want him NOW for a promotion push, title push or survival then it is understandable that Derby want a fee and again in my IMHO £75OK is a baragin, I guess wages are the issue.....

We do need competition in attacking midfield if Lansbury isn''t going to sign on for the rest of the season. Ryan Harley (Exeter) and George Boyd (Peterborough) have also been mentioned, but Commons would come in as a proven play at NPC level and could perform at Premiership level as well IMHO.

We have no chance of getting him!  If we go up though, then who know''s come the summer...

I know Lambert et al are good managers but I am afraid unless we buy someone like Commons a proven Championship goalscorer and play maker then I would say play offs at best.I do not understand why buying someone of this class is such a big financial risk , worst comes to worst sell him in the summer, you are not going to lose that much money. And lets be honest we know the last time we made it to the premier League we took a gamble.Sorry second equal in the league and over half way thru season may not be around for another decade and if you look at really good teams they have two not one proven goalscorers. At present we rely too much on HoltIf 700K is true figure is a snip, Come on Delia lets be having you!

Lincoln, I think that Wes is great. But he is not in the same league as Commons. They are both different granted, but he is better.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Wes is our ''that type'' of player, unfortunatly he is way off Common''s standard.[/quote]

I disagree. I think Wes is slightly the better player, not way better.

I saw Commons play some games for Forest a while ago. He was not popular and regarded as uncommitted and lacking in heart by the Forest fans. He has undoubtedly improved since then and would be a very useful addition to the squad.

The player that Derby had who I would have loved to have seen at Norwich was Giles Barnes-remember him?

Had some real injury problems and eventually ended up at WBA, think he''s played about 8-10 games for them this season, but out of contract next Summer.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]Wes is our ''that type'' of player, unfortunatly he is way off Common''s standard.[/quote]

If you think that then you really know nothing about football.

[/quote]

Its all about opinions, not sure why your so aggressive all the time but there''s no need.

I happen to think Commons is a better player as well based on what I have seen, but can''t say I have watched him enough to know how consistent he is.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]The player that Derby had who I would have loved to have seen at Norwich was Giles Barnes-remember him? Had some real injury problems and eventually ended up at WBA, think he''s played about 8-10 games for them this season, but out of contract next Summer.[/quote]

Giles Barnes - Bobby Barnes'' nephew (ex of West Ham) & looked like he could have become a top player. Didn''t he come on a sub in the play-off final vs West Brom and set up the winning goal?

And I''d have Commons at City if I could but I think his next move might well be to a club in the Premiership. He looked class when City played at Pride Park.

Trent, mullins has always disliked hoolahan and constantly slated him off on here. If he thinks hoolahan is as poor as he says then he doesn''t understand football nor the importance wes is to our team.

Commons is an excellent player and I would love to see him play here ( although it will not happen ) but o just think wes is slightly more gifted. There''s many a player like commons but there is only one wes.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Trent, mullins has always disliked hoolahan and constantly slated him off on here. If he thinks hoolahan is as poor as he says then he doesn''t understand football nor the importance wes is to our team. Commons is an excellent player and I would love to see him play here ( although it will not happen ) but o just think wes is slightly more gifted. There''s many a player like commons but there is only one wes.[/quote]

I have a different opinion to you, get over it!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Trent, mullins has always disliked hoolahan and constantly slated him off on here. If he thinks hoolahan is as poor as he says then he doesn''t understand football nor the importance wes is to our team.

Commons is an excellent player and I would love to see him play here ( although it will not happen ) but o just think wes is slightly more gifted. There''s many a player like commons but there is only one wes.[/quote]Well I like Wes a lot, infact I had him as player of the season last year even above Holt and FF. This season he has been more inconsistent, which is why he has found himself on the bench. Ive always rated Commons, and he has always impressed me when I have seen him. Ive also just found out that Commons is one goal behind the top scorer in the league, so he must be having a good season.Either way, agree to disagree and all that. Hopefully it doesnt mean I know nothing about football [;)]

Going back to Barnes, I''d take him here as a winger! Can''t imagine they''d want a lot if his contract is up in the summer, and he hardly plays enough for a contract renewal