Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Can we beat Everton?

if we kept the defence tight with possibly the help of a loan or signing defender. is there any way we could get three points from Everton? They may be on a slump after selling graveson.

if not, then how about WBA?

Course we can. Hopefully Worthy will have the players well and truly fired up to put one over them after their spawny cup defeat last year, and lest we forget, after they insulted our fans. Very rich coming from some of the most unpleasant fans I''ve ever had the displeasure to stick my fingers up at.Despite all the doom and gloom around the club recently, I reckon we''re in with a good shout up there. We just need the majority of the team to turn in a good performance, especially the defence, and a bit of luck for a change.

Would that be the same slump that Villa and Boro were on??. I think we can definitely say Everton will score at least two goals so can we score more??

Everton , no can not see that , and now is probably the worst time we could be playing West Brom their confidence is up for the first time. Having said that i fully expect 3 points from that game , anything less and we can say its over .

The difference between the sides last year at Goodison was Gravison, he gave Holty a real lesson in mid-field, having said that they won courtesey of two penalties! when did you last see that happen? Somebody in black definitely wanted Everton to win that day. After the racist slur was thrown out they did n''t even have the decency to appologise. Expect to see Delia snub the directors box in favour of the Norwich end. As for the game? a draw would be a good result...but I''m sick of draws!....I''m going for a win....what the hell 3-1

I''m sorry but with the worst defensive record in the division, with just letting in four on our home ground and not having won away from home all season I am being realistic here and believe we will come away from there with diddly squat.  Sorry guys and gals but with our recent two away games still etched firmly in the memory it does not leave me with a lot of hope.  If I am worng will be the first to apologise but just cant see it.

Looks like a few posts from people who didn''t endure the likes of Villa or Upton parks on here.

A point from Everton would be a great result - we''ve only got 1 off a top 6 club so far, and that took a miracle that we''re all still buzzing from!

Nope definitely not. We are leaking too many goals, at home and away. Beattie will be a real handful and still hasn''t scored for his new club and will be eager to prove he''s worth the money.

I would love a nil nil, which would give the defence a much needed boost in the confidence department, but my head says we will lose 2 nil.

I agree with Navman, Shropshire and Meeky, a point would be superb. Unfortunately however many we score our defence is just too poor. A 1-1 would be great but I think we''ll go down 3 to 1.

I don''t think Everton are all their cracked up to be, but I still think it''s going to be tough to get anything. If the defence carries on it''s current form, we could easily ship 3 or 4 goals again.

If we can shore up the defence and charlton makes a miracle return we might scrape a draw as Everton who are clearly missing their star man Gravesen. Failing this a 3or4-1 thumping is on the cards.Our record on Merseyside in general is miserable - I have been to 5 games on merseyside and we leaked 18 goals and scored 2. Best ever result up there was 4-1 in the glorious Walker days! Efan Ekoku....

Where do people get this idea from that Everton are missing Gravesen so badly?  Yes they lost at the weekend, but did anyone actually see the highlights?  Everton absolutley battered Charlton.  With their system, they will never miss one player that much, and following their draw at Boro and defeat at home to Charlton, there is no way on this earth Moyes will let them get away with anything other than a win.

I''m gonna buck the trend here and say ''yes''. I do think we can get something out of the game, whether it be just the one point or all three.

''Form'' and the lack of... is only a possible precursor to the likelihood of an event, it doesn''t foretell what is actually going to happen. I don''t see the need for City players to perceive Everton away as quite as daunting as say, Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, and with the slur of the Cup game still fresh in people''s minds, I think there is plenty of incentive to go and give them a good game.

Also, I think we''re beginning to turn the corner as regards injuries, coupled with the fact that we''ve not been effected much through suspensions to key players (is Eddy regarded as a key player? and was his one match suspension really that tragic?)

[quote]Course we can. Hopefully Worthy will have the players well and truly fired up to put one over them after their spawny cup defeat last year, and lest we forget, after they insulted our fans. Very rich ...[/quote]

No no no.

You insulted either Yobo or Rooney, and it''s clear by the scouser comments on this board that you haven''t learned a thing about racism.

"Very rich coming from some of the most unpleasant fans I''ve ever had the displeasure to stick my fingers up at."

Very pleasant.

I reckon we can beat Everton simply because Graveson was their entire team, and now he''s gone, we''ve a good chance!

I doubt we''ll get anything.yes they dont have Gravesen,but they have a lot more quality in there too. Most of their players would walk into our team I would have thought - at least our current injury dilapidated one

Thought it was 5-1 when Efan scored four....

[quote]I reckon we can beat Everton simply because Graveson was their entire team, and now he''s gone, we''ve a good chance![/quote]

Gravesen was our entire team? Away off will ye!!!

He wasn''t even our best midfielder, as that title goes to Cahill.

Jog on.

Of course we could beat Everton, but it is unlikely - their home record is good and we have yet to beat anyone sitting in the top half of the table. 

They are defensively well organised so getting a couple of goals is not likely and we are not likely to keep a clean sheet.  The best we can hope for is a draw I think.

OTBC